Experian
www.experiangroup.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Experian Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014
Experian – Nottingham – “Experian Landmark House”

Experian CEO and Director Don Robert

Don Robert

Pros:
  • "It also provides a true work life balance environment and offers fantastic benefits"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Good benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management consistently purging resources to meet bottom line numbers"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems)"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Manager, Public Relations - Corporate Marketing

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat team, overall as a company, supports employees, opportunity to telecommute, education assistance, 401K, employee stock purchase plan, bonus and salary structure.

ConsAverage time before advancing is seven to ten years for this department. Disjointed departments don't always stay true to strategic vision.

Overall good company

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood people and senior executives making strides to continuously improve the company.

ConsBusiness are soloed and do not work together often competing against each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work to integrate the business so they do not see themselves as separate companies.

Poor morale and very political, but improving.

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, interesting global perspective

ConsVery political environment. Goals are very focused at keeping costs low at the expense of quality solutions

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on company culture.

Qualifies as my worst employer

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCafeteria was nice. Security guards were very friendly and professional.

ConsMany managers were immature, have no class and not so educated, especially those who have been there for 15+ years.
There were a lot of outsourcing of jobs to other countries.
They lay off people when they need to make their numbers.
They do not develop their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementComplete a real, useful degree and then develop your people.

A lot depends on which area you work in.

Software Development Expert (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities. If you land in the right area with the right manager there are good opportunities. Aim for Experian Credit or Experian Interactive.

ConsExtremely political. Everything is a secret with this management; even org charts are hard to come by. A lot of good people have been laid off just to make arbitrary profit targets. Above all stay away from Experian Marketing Solutions. They work hard but management can't sell the products they tell them to build and there are plenty of layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuick being so secretive. It's common knowledge you wanted to sell Experian Marketing and couldn't. Deal with the employees honestly and be happy with single-digit growth instead of laying off good people to achieve double digit profit margins.

Fair place to work

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood pay + bonus, benefits, interesting projects, global environment. Colleagues are professional and helpful. Generous travel policy.

ConsVery political and bureaucratic. Most departments do not really promote people from within although they claim that they do. Company downsizes frequently even though it is growing and profitable. Work load can be demanding as a result of short staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on job stability, internal career promotion and provide growth to employees. Stop wasting time on PR stuff like employee deal, client centricity and HOE.

Wasn't a job for me because I'm not a sales person, but for someone that can do that it would be great for them.

Csp (Current Employee)
Van Buren, AR

I have been working at Experian full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat starting pay, all benefits, bonus opportunities, 1hr lunch, willing to work with you

Consi had trouble forcing myself to the customers, if they werent satisfied, that is the end of it, not push them until they are mad

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Experian Marketing Services

Director Sales (Current Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than a year

ProsGood people, decent pay, great benefits

ConsLack of clear leadership and vision. Have too many traditional executives whom don't understand digital marketing running the show. Every year your quota doubles and your territory get cut in half. Lack of clear direction of the future. Bad morale and lack of communication from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind outside executives who understand the digital landscape and can create a vision for the future.

political working environment - schaumburg, IL

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than a year

Prosbenefits OK. plenty of food options near by

ConsLow employee morale. if you are good you get overloaded. nid-management lie to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate all employees honestly. Never lie to employees

Not The Best, Not The Worst

Solutions Analyst (Former Employee)
Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time for more than a year

ProsWhen I worked at Experian, many of us wore jeans to the office, and not just on Fridays. I'm not quite sure it was in-line with corporate policy, but no one ever said anything. My mentor was AMAZING, and we still keep in touch.

ConsI had 6 different managers in 1 year. Recognition and appreciation were unheard of. There was a lot of tension between cross-functional teams, and overall morale was pretty low. The president of our group slashed budgets and often spoke of how the group was hemorrhaging money; and yet he flew first class and hired a private town car whenever we came to town. I saw that as a double standard.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian CEO Don Robert. All 201 reviews posted anonymously by Experian employees.