Experian

www.experiangroup.com

Experian Reviews in Costa Mesa, CA

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Experian – Nottingham – “Experian Landmark House”

Brian Cassin

Pros
  • work life balance is typically OK but reflected in poor pay and benefits (in 18 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not take interest in mentoring subordinates (in 19 reviews)

• Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights
40 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great culture but too much politics

QA Tester (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsGood pay rate
    Good culture
    Good work/life balance

ConsToo much politics
    Difficult to convert from contract to full time
    Employees are disposable

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease back up your tenured and professional employees and keep them.

A very fulfilling, but fast paced employer. Lots of room for growth if you want it.

Systems Security Administrator (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsBenefits are superb, they have them all. Time-off policies are great. Promotions are not bad.

ConsThey tend to get top heavy with leadership, and have many lay-offs to balance that.

Advice to Senior ManagementA cut back in leadership would be an improvement.

A wrong turn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThere are other divisions to work for that are likely better managed than the Costa Mesa office.

ConsThe most political work environment I've ever worked in. Constant change, lack of focus and no sign of teamwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire capable Sr. Managers that are real leaders. Pay attention to the customer and build products that cater to their needs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A big company with an uncertain future.

Manager (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsQuality people and culture. Decent salaries plus competitive performance bonuses. Acceptable work / life balance. Strong benefits package. The company does a high level of community outreach and philanthropic work.

ConsRecent changes and management and market conditions have affected stability. Company suffers from process paralysis. Annual bonuses were not given this year which has affected morale. I have little confidence in the leadership abilities of several mid-level VPs.

Not what it used to be. Ok, if do not have any other option

IT Supervisor (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsFast pace, good for gaining experience. Training opportunities are there but it depends on which department or group you belong to.

ConsToo much focus on bringing new revenue and almost no focus on retaining current customers. Quality of work suffers because of focus on speed.

Overworked, under appreciated and whole department was planned to be moved to Chile when I was hired.

Client Services (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThe people were hard workers and willing to share their experiencial information for the benefit of the department. I gained some experience that was beneficial to me as a person.

ConsWorkload was usually excessive and overly demanding. The work was stressful, monotonus and error prone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest in the hiring process that the position you are interviewing for will be gone in less than two years!

Great place to start your career

Finance Intern (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsIf you take the initiative, there are always opportunities for recognition. You can take on high profile projects and work with members outside your functional group. The team environment is friendly and nurturing, and management is open and receptive.

ConsThere are few opportunities for career growth within the company. Although they do hire internally, you're more likely to expand within your given role rather than move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would have been interesting to have more cross-functional team experiences to increase employee ownership of company (versus functional) goals and objectives.

A decent place to work but management really needs to listen to its employees

Senior Development Manager (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsGood work life balance, great office culture and great hardworking people to work with.

ConsNo personal growth, no perks, compensation is on the low end. Company is moving all development offshore and has no plan in place to do this. Product management in the UK is so disconnected with the development in the US. There is no accountability in any of the teams. Too many contractors and not many employees, huge risk.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. Allow for more training for employees. Pay market salaries.

Trying to join the big leagues

Community Relations Specialist (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsCompetent coworkers, fair salaries, growth oriented, big ideas, and established reputation

ConsBureaucratic, political atmosphere, poor decision making at times, complex and convoluted

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and promote the best people

Public Relations Manager

Public Relations (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThe company has strong leadership. It also provides a true work life balance environment and offers fantastic benefits. It is a great place to work.

ConsThis is the best job that I have ever had. For me, it is hard to point our any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing into your current employees.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!