Experian Data Quality US Reviews

Updated April 8, 2015
71 reviews filtered by
Experian Data Quality US SVP & General Manager Thomas Schutz
Thomas Schutz

Pros
  • The work hard play hard mentality is extreme but fun (in 8 reviews)

• If you truly want to be a good salesperson this a great place to start your career (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced (in 8 reviews)

• High expectations - this is not a company for people seeking a 35 hour work week (in 6 reviews)

Great people, benefits and opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Professional Services Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Professional Services Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Commitment to the committed. If you are willing to put in the time and energy here, you can expect a lot in return.
    -Career development training. They do an excellent job at providing training opportunities for management and staff.
    -The people. For the most part, it's a close knit-group of people that work hard and play hard together - and they do it well. Also, most people are genuinely good people, which is pretty hard to find these days.
    -Professional Services and Customer Account Managers are top of their game. They manage well and have an obvious desire to want to make QAS great for customers and employees. Employees can learn a lot from them.
    -The benefits. You'll be hard pressed to find 3-4 weeks vacation and low-cost HMO plan out there. Having a family, this was a huge bonus for me.
    -It's fun. Between monthly celebrations awarding and recognizing success stories, to quarterly team outings, volunteering, annual christmas party and impromptu drinks after a long day - it's a fun place to work (I was pregnant most of my QAS tenure and still enjoyed after work gatherings with the team).
    The only reason I left QAS was that I had a terrible commute and also decided to work part-time closer to home due to expecting my second child. Otherwise, I would not have left.

Cons

-Strict start time. The 8:00 sharp start time was a struggle for me and others. While I can appreciate the need for everyone to arrive on time, I believed the strict start time was a bit much (particularly as it was expected for most to work past 5 and most commuted on the T - which isn't always dependable).
    -Product Training. Product-level explanations could be better (particularly for those without software/hardware experience - like me).

Advice to Management

Beef up the training program a bit. Try to ignore the tardiness of folks arriving between 8:00-8:10 (particularly for top performers).

2. Great first job for recent graduates to gain experience, not a company you would want to stay at for more than 2 years

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, up-beat company, with good benefits and 401K. Fun, social culture with a lot of events held outside of the office.

Cons

The business unit is undergoing a lot of change after the new VP of Sales for North America took over. There are a lot of politics within the business unit and Senior Management will always have their own best interest in mind, but not always the best interest of their employees. I have not been personally affected by this, but have several former colleagues who have been "pressured" out of their roles in the company because they weren't personally liked by senior management, despite their performance and KPIs. This exact issue has brought on an active law suit for the business in the past few months. I've also witnessed a lot of underhanded activity on the sales end of things, which is not what I would have expected for such a well known, public company.

Advice to Management

EDQ is a great first job for recent graduates, but not a company you would want to stay at for more than 2 years. You can gain a lot of experience there and move on to better opportunities at companies with lower turnover rates and more room for growth.

Strong work ethic across the board, but coupled with overbearing, micromanagement culture.

Former Employee - Business Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great work ethic across all departments.
    -Smart employees, especially on the services team
    -Experian name is trusted within the industry
    -Provides good foundation. Training program has been boosted up this past year.
    -Great Christmas and Company Day parties
    -Quick to recognize own weaknesses, and management puts action plans in place to fix it. But...
    -Management team is majority homegrown, showing proven potential for advancement within company.

Cons

-A majority of the action plans (said above) do not get followed through after announced. Lots of plans to make plans.
    -Extreme, extreme, extreme micromanagement culture. Get ready to explain your hour to hour to your direct manager. This is most prevalent on the sales team.
    -Major turnover because of the micromanagement culture. All of the best employees/managers leave because senior management disagrees with the micromanagement opinion.
    -Management team is majority homegrown, so all of their ideas come from within the bubble. There will be no new ideas based on successful experiences from other companies. Lots of recycled ideas from the senior managers. 80% are homegrown.

Advice to Management

The whip cracking leads to a down-trodden team. Learn to truly lead by the carrot and not by the whip. Find (and cultivate) the leaders that are willing to do that. But this can only improve if you can recognize that there actually is a problem...

Stay away - not a good place

I worked at Experian Data Quality US

Pros

can make friends, they love to party, very social

Cons

huge churn rate - the good people get out. very unhealthy working environment, people are all out to get one another at all costs. sr mgmt really has not idea whats going on, only focused on one another and do not development their teams. management also isn't good, someone doesn't perform one month they are gone the next. terrible communication and alignment. poor development. they love new ideas and initiatives but nothing ever stays or follows through. they make you think everything is great when its really not

6. Great place to learn a sales process and understand general business knowledge

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

QAS has a fantastic sales training program that provides you with the opportunity to truly understand why businesses buy software. The company pays for all of your travel when you meet with customers and prospects. Coming out of the opportunity there is no doubt that you will be a strong sales person with good business acumen.

Cons

Compensation is below average. Most reps did not meet monthly quota.

Advice to Management

Focus on positive reinforcement to help motivate people.

Avoid, avoid, avoid. They'll tell you anything to get you in the door.

Current Employee - Services in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you drink the koolaid - you might be happy for 6 months, at a maximum.

Cons

Poor compensation, fake promotions, horrendous management. Zero autonomy.

Young company, lots of parties, lots of drinking, lots of money, little experience

Former Employee - A Dude, Playing A Dude, Dressed As Another Dude in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - A Dude, Playing A Dude, Dressed As Another Dude in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You like a free drink? You like having a job out of college? You like the occasional company-wide email from an unlocked computer? You like a good email flame war between 25 year old children who make more money than they should with little or no regard for appropriate company behavior? Then this is the place for you!

Cons

You like respect? You like the sense that the hours you put in doing honest, hard work, will be rewarded? You like the feeling that the managers actually care for you, and trust that you will do a great job? You like the sense that they upper management listens and cultivates their employees and considers them assets? You like knowing that those who are in positions of leadership are there because of merit and not because they have either not quit or they are a personal friend of someone above them? Then this is NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Consider rewarding hard working, smart, upwardly mobile people from the ranks who actually know what they are doing and understand the business...instead of the current practice of just promoting those bodies that haven't burned out yet. Promotion because of survival is not the basis of good leadership at a company.

A little Churn and Burn for employees but a fun young company

Current Employee - Acc
    Current Employee - Acc

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

fun young company who hires a lot of people without a lot of experience, great pay and benefits. Loved the people at this company and the perks like coffee and snacks and open bars ever months

Cons

If you are honest and follow the rules you will not be successful. Pretty cut throat, poor sales enablement structure, very difficult company to do business with which makes selling to other companies difficult. Product offering is extremely convoluted and flawed as well as the territory division.

Advice to Management

Work to make sure that all the departments are working together instead of against each other.

10. A great growth opportunity, fast paced, well organized company

Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working here. Experian DQ is a results oriented business less concerned with micromanaging and more concerned with the bigger picture. At every point is the company trying to help you grow both within Experian as well as within your own career trajectory. Trainings are plentiful, the support is fantastic, and the growth internally is unparalleled.

Cons

The only con is that the company is still somewhat restructuring, which leads to some confusion currently.

Advice to Management

Continue to be as transparent as possible with new business unit / division changes and stick to exhibiting the core company values.

11. First job out college, challenging but rewarding

Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since starting here, I've really expanded my skill set. I've been able to carve out a place for myself where the business sees me as a resource (I hope). If you push yourself hard, you will really get a chance to grow and learn with the business.

EDQ offers excellent benefits, especially education and further training. They seek to get you doing something you like and are passionate about, which is good for personal growth. Managers are open and approachable, and the other employees are quite sociable.

They are becoming much more flexible, work from home and remote options have increased significantly.

Cons

Compensation lags slightly behind, and recognition can be an issue at times. There are pockets of managers that are quite difficult to work with at times.

Experian Data Quality US Photos