Experian Data Quality US Reviews

Updated July 8, 2014

3.2

Experian Data Quality US SVP & General Manager Thomas Schutz
Thomas Schutz

Pros
  • The work hard play hard mentality is extreme but fun (in 8 reviews)

• If you truly want to be a good salesperson this a great place to start your career (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced (in 8 reviews)

• High expectations - this is not a company for people seeking a 35 hour work week (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people, benefits and opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Professional Services Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Professional Services Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Commitment to the committed. If you are willing to put in the time and energy here, you can expect a lot in return.
    -Career development training. They do an excellent job at providing training opportunities for management and staff.
    -The people. For the most part, it's a close knit-group of people that work hard and play hard together - and they do it well. Also, most people are genuinely good people, which is pretty hard to find these days.
    -Professional Services and Customer Account Managers are top of their game. They manage well and have an obvious desire to want to make QAS great for customers and employees. Employees can learn a lot from them.
    -The benefits. You'll be hard pressed to find 3-4 weeks vacation and low-cost HMO plan out there. Having a family, this was a huge bonus for me.
    -It's fun. Between monthly celebrations awarding and recognizing success stories, to quarterly team outings, volunteering, annual christmas party and impromptu drinks after a long day - it's a fun place to work (I was pregnant most of my QAS tenure and still enjoyed after work gatherings with the team).
    The only reason I left QAS was that I had a terrible commute and also decided to work part-time closer to home due to expecting my second child. Otherwise, I would not have left.

Cons

-Strict start time. The 8:00 sharp start time was a struggle for me and others. While I can appreciate the need for everyone to arrive on time, I believed the strict start time was a bit much (particularly as it was expected for most to work past 5 and most commuted on the T - which isn't always dependable).
    -Product Training. Product-level explanations could be better (particularly for those without software/hardware experience - like me).

Beef up the training program a bit. Try to ignore the tardiness of folks arriving between 8:00-8:10 (particularly for top performers).

Avoid, avoid, avoid. They'll tell you anything to get you in the door.

Current Employee - Services  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you drink the koolaid - you might be happy for 6 months, at a maximum.

Cons

Poor compensation, fake promotions, horrendous management. Zero autonomy.

Young company, lots of parties, lots of drinking, lots of money, little experience

Former Employee - A Dude, Playing A Dude, Dressed As Another Dude  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - A Dude, Playing A Dude, Dressed As Another Dude in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than a year

Pros

You like a free drink? You like having a job out of college? You like the occasional company-wide email from an unlocked computer? You like a good email flame war between 25 year old children who make more money than they should with little or no regard for appropriate company behavior? Then this is the place for you!

Cons

You like respect? You like the sense that the hours you put in doing honest, hard work, will be rewarded? You like the feeling that the managers actually care for you, and trust that you will do a great job? You like the sense that they upper management listens and cultivates their employees and considers them assets? You like knowing that those who are in positions of leadership are there because of merit and not because they have either not quit or they are a personal friend of someone above them? Then this is NOT the place for you.

Consider rewarding hard working, smart, upwardly mobile people from the ranks who actually know what they are doing and understand the business...instead of the current practice of just promoting those bodies that haven't burned out yet. Promotion because of survival is not the basis of good leadership at a company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A little Churn and Burn for employees but a fun young company

Current Employee - Acc
    Current Employee - Acc

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

fun young company who hires a lot of people without a lot of experience, great pay and benefits. Loved the people at this company and the perks like coffee and snacks and open bars ever months

Cons

If you are honest and follow the rules you will not be successful. Pretty cut throat, poor sales enablement structure, very difficult company to do business with which makes selling to other companies difficult. Product offering is extremely convoluted and flawed as well as the territory division.

Work to make sure that all the departments are working together instead of against each other.

A great growth opportunity, fast paced, well organized company

Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working here. Experian DQ is a results oriented business less concerned with micromanaging and more concerned with the bigger picture. At every point is the company trying to help you grow both within Experian as well as within your own career trajectory. Trainings are plentiful, the support is fantastic, and the growth internally is unparalleled.

Cons

The only con is that the company is still somewhat restructuring, which leads to some confusion currently.

Continue to be as transparent as possible with new business unit / division changes and stick to exhibiting the core company values.

First job out college, challenging but rewarding

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since starting here, I've really expanded my skill set. I've been able to carve out a place for myself where the business sees me as a resource (I hope). If you push yourself hard, you will really get a chance to grow and learn with the business.

EDQ offers excellent benefits, especially education and further training. They seek to get you doing something you like and are passionate about, which is good for personal growth. Managers are open and approachable, and the other employees are quite sociable.

They are becoming much more flexible, work from home and remote options have increased significantly.

Cons

Compensation lags slightly behind, and recognition can be an issue at times. There are pockets of managers that are quite difficult to work with at times.

Good people, good starting point, HORRIFIC management.

Former Employee - Business Development Account Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is an extremely fast paced environment where there is potential to learn a lot. You are required to conform to their standards of potential promotion and training, regardless of your prior experience. Management tries to reach you with intimidation tactics, not ideal!

Cons

ABSOLOUTELY HORRIBLE PAY STRUCTURE. NEAR MINIMUM WAGE. BE WARNED! You are required to conform to their standards of potential promotion and training, regardless of your prior experience. Management tries to reach you with intimidation tactics, not ideal!

Enough with the intimidation tactics. Management at a low level should not just be anyone.

No idea how they made "best mid-sized companies to work for" on this site.

I worked at Experian Data Quality US

Pros

None. This company does not deserve to be in the same rank as Zuora, Zillow and Hubspot just to name a few. I've spent years at Oracle and other tier 1 software organizations and this horrible company has no business being compared to top software companies.

Cons

Middle management and upper management are micro managers that use pressure sale tactics.
    The positive reviews on this site are all from the managers who are QAS lifers. They are not legit reviews.

Please do not consider this company. Not as a first job or even a job that will get you the field experience you may need to advance your career. There are other options.

Worst company in existence.

No advice. I've been away from this company for over 4 years. Still have nightmares.

great business and technology, horrible management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than a year

Pros

fun, low responsibility and fast paced environment

Cons

low pay, micromanagement, unprofessional practices, lack of respect for anything other than the $. check in, check out and in between just do what you're told during the strict office hours of 8 to 5, and you'll be fine and eligible for many drinks on the house.

if you're really curious about this company, check out the glassdoor reviews. senior management rushed to post positive reviews in 2013 to counter negative ratings. once those positive reviews were posted, the company was given some standing in glassdoor among the best 50 companies in boston to work for and then management used that standing to advertize that the company is great to work for.

start appreciating human capital (other than yourselves). it's worth investing in good people.
    if your model is to hire inexperienced people, pay them little and train them in-house, then take it seriously.

set an example by removing senior management members that are not conducive to team and business growth. their career is not more important than the company atmosphere and environment. take a hard look at their metrics just as you do individual contributors. ask yourselves if they are the right people to train and mentor others.

Good Pay to work but dont care to give raises

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US for more than 5 years

Pros

make great friends and relationships could for a career start

Cons

low pay, dont gift raises for hard work

you have people that have been here for years who put in the hard work and you dont compensate that why people leave

Worked for Experian Data Quality US? Contribute to the Community!