Experian Data Quality US

Experian Data Quality US Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Experian Data Quality US SVP & General Manager Thomas Schutz

Thomas Schutz

Pros:
  • "The work hard play hard mentality is extreme but fun"
    in 8 reviews
  • "If you truly want to be a good salesperson this a great place to start your career"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced"
    in 7 reviews
  • "High expectations - this is not a company for people seeking a 35 hour work week"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A great growth opportunity, fast paced, well organized company

Technical Sales Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than a year

ProsI love working here. Experian DQ is a results oriented business less concerned with micromanaging and more concerned with the bigger picture. At every point is the company trying to help you grow both within Experian as well as within your own career trajectory. Trainings are plentiful, the support is fantastic, and the growth internally is unparalleled.

ConsThe only con is that the company is still somewhat restructuring, which leads to some confusion currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be as transparent as possible with new business unit / division changes and stick to exhibiting the core company values.

Great people, benefits and opportunities for growth

Professional Services Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time for less than a year

Pros-Commitment to the committed. If you are willing to put in the time and energy here, you can expect a lot in return.
-Career development training. They do an excellent job at providing training opportunities for management and staff.
-The people. For the most part, it's a close knit-group of people that work hard and play hard together - and they do it well. Also, most people are genuinely good people, which is pretty hard to find these days.
-Professional Services and Customer Account Managers are top of their game. They manage well and have an obvious desire to want to make QAS great for customers and employees. Employees can learn a lot from them.
-The benefits. You'll be hard pressed to find 3-4 weeks vacation and low-cost HMO plan out there. Having a family, this was a huge bonus for me.
-It's fun. Between monthly celebrations awarding and recognizing success stories, to quarterly team outings, volunteering, annual christmas party and impromptu drinks after a long day - it's a fun place to work (I was pregnant most of my QAS tenure and still enjoyed after work gatherings with the team).
The only reason I left QAS was that I had a terrible commute and also decided to work part-time closer to home due to expecting my second child. Otherwise, I would not have left.

Cons-Strict start time. The 8:00 sharp start time was a struggle for me and others. While I can appreciate the need for everyone to arrive on time, I believed the strict start time was a bit much (particularly as it was expected for most to work past 5 and most commuted on the T - which isn't always dependable).
-Product Training. Product-level explanations could be better (particularly for those without software/hardware experience - like me).

Advice to Senior ManagementBeef up the training program a bit. Try to ignore the tardiness of folks arriving between 8:00-8:10 (particularly for top performers).

First job out college, challenging but rewarding

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than a year

ProsSince starting here, I've really expanded my skill set. I've been able to carve out a place for myself where the business sees me as a resource (I hope). If you push yourself hard, you will really get a chance to grow and learn with the business.

EDQ offers excellent benefits, especially education and further training. They seek to get you doing something you like and are passionate about, which is good for personal growth. Managers are open and approachable, and the other employees are quite sociable.

They are becoming much more flexible, work from home and remote options have increased significantly.

ConsCompensation lags slightly behind, and recognition can be an issue at times. There are pockets of managers that are quite difficult to work with at times.

No idea how they made "best mid-sized companies to work for" on this site.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian Data Quality US

ProsNone. This company does not deserve to be in the same rank as Zuora, Zillow and Hubspot just to name a few. I've spent years at Oracle and other tier 1 software organizations and this horrible company has no business being compared to top software companies.

ConsMiddle management and upper management are micro managers that use pressure sale tactics.
The positive reviews on this site are all from the managers who are QAS lifers. They are not legit reviews.

Please do not consider this company. Not as a first job or even a job that will get you the field experience you may need to advance your career. There are other options.

Worst company in existence.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. I've been away from this company for over 4 years. Still have nightmares.

Good people, good starting point, HORRIFIC management.

Business Development Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time for less than a year

ProsIt is an extremely fast paced environment where there is potential to learn a lot. You are required to conform to their standards of potential promotion and training, regardless of your prior experience. Management tries to reach you with intimidation tactics, not ideal!

ConsABSOLOUTELY HORRIBLE PAY STRUCTURE. NEAR MINIMUM WAGE. BE WARNED! You are required to conform to their standards of potential promotion and training, regardless of your prior experience. Management tries to reach you with intimidation tactics, not ideal!

Advice to Senior ManagementEnough with the intimidation tactics. Management at a low level should not just be anyone.

great business and technology, horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than a year

Prosfun, low responsibility and fast paced environment

Conslow pay, micromanagement, unprofessional practices, lack of respect for anything other than the $. check in, check out and in between just do what you're told during the strict office hours of 8 to 5, and you'll be fine and eligible for many drinks on the house.

if you're really curious about this company, check out the glassdoor reviews. senior management rushed to post positive reviews in 2013 to counter negative ratings. once those positive reviews were posted, the company was given some standing in glassdoor among the best 50 companies in boston to work for and then management used that standing to advertize that the company is great to work for.

Advice to Senior Managementstart appreciating human capital (other than yourselves). it's worth investing in good people.
if your model is to hire inexperienced people, pay them little and train them in-house, then take it seriously.

set an example by removing senior management members that are not conducive to team and business growth. their career is not more important than the company atmosphere and environment. take a hard look at their metrics just as you do individual contributors. ask yourselves if they are the right people to train and mentor others.

Good Pay to work but dont care to give raises

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US for more than 5 years

Prosmake great friends and relationships could for a career start

Conslow pay, dont gift raises for hard work

Advice to Senior Managementyou have people that have been here for years who put in the hard work and you dont compensate that why people leave

Great place to start your career

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOverall, QAS is a great place to begin your career. If you do not know 'what you want to be when you grow up,' this place gives you opportunities that many other companies do not.

Great training for new employees
Opportunity to create a role that fits your long-term plans
Ability to be involved in projects that you may not have the same opportunity as a young employee at another company
Great benefits
Growing company so there are a lot of changes happening that you can be involved in
Direct management really cares about your personal development and wants to see you succeed
The people - I thoroughly enjoy everyone that I work with. Teamwork here is amazing and everyone generally cares about helping each other.

ConsWhile there is large opportunity to make changes, those changes generally take a long time to happen.
Do not seem to care about retaining employees for a long period of time. There is very much a stigma that this is a place to begin your career and that is it.
Little flexibility for employees - very much an 8-5 place. If you arrive at 8:02, you're late. There is some flexibility for work from home, flex time, doctors appointments, etc. but everything needs to be booked in advance which doesn't seem very flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to focus more on the current talent you have and convince them to stay. Too many valued employees are leaving and it doesn't seem to be a focus. Listen to what your employees have to say about their perception of what type of company QAS is and try and change the negative - survey results are only useful if you do something with it.

Experian QAS is a dynamic company with major opportunity for motivated employees.

Marketing Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome reviews mention that this is a place to "start your career" - for me, it's where I've had the opportunity to accelerate the career I knew I wanted.

Experian QAS is a company that has high expectations of employees and looks to hire bright, motivated individuals willing to put the work in to advance their career. At every turning point over the past 4 years, I've been rewarded for my hard work with the next opportunity, including more responsibility, more strategic projects and immense exposure to how a business is run.

The culture is something I really enjoy - the core values are real and important to the senior management team. People are friendly, and like having fun. You can be as involved as you want in this - for some people, QAS is their social circle; others only attend a couple of events a year. There are lots of ways to get involved at all levels - through committees, community service activities, or casual get togethers.

When I started 4 years ago, it was a pretty formal, rigid place to work. However, over the past 18 months, we've made major changes, like switching to casual dress code and creating more flexible hours and work from home arrangements. Personally, this makes me feel like the senior management team really listens to employees, and will make the necessary changes to respond to employee needs.

ConsThis can be an intense place to work - expectations are high, and we often try to do many things at once. For me, those aspects keep me engaged and challenged, but it can be overwhelming for people who prefer a slower pace.

Things change often - frequently without a lot of preparation and/or communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to articulate the strategic vision to get employees on board early on. And make sure to highlight their role in the current and future strategy and how their work impacts the overall results the company is looking to achieve.

Fantastic place to start and grow your career

Director of Client Retention (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time for more than 10 years

Pros1. Unlimited opportunity if you are willing to put in the work - Other reviews have stated this but it can't be emphasized enough. The company demands a lot from employees in order to meet its growth objectives. The benefit to those who contribute and succeed is personal growth in the form of as much responsibility as you want/can handle.
2. Ability to make a real impact - This includes both areas within an employee's immediate role and across the business. Whether it is coming up with a better way of doing things or being a member of one of the various employee committees (Social Responsibility, Pulse Employee feedback) all employees have the chance to make an impact.
3. Culture - This company knows how to have fun - employees can take as much or as little advantage of the social aspects as they like.
Overall - This is a rewarding place to work but it is not always comfortable - there is often change and uncertainty from being a growing company.

ConsDue to the fast pace the company frequently tries to do too many things at once – this can cloud the company direction and confuse employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut out more consistent communication from the top down where company vision/direction is concerned and be disciplined about sticking to a few key objectives.

Worked for Experian Data Quality US? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian Data Quality US reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian Data Quality US CEO Thomas Schutz. All 65 reviews posted anonymously by Experian Data Quality US employees.