Experian Data Quality US Reviews

Reset

1. Fantastic place to start and grow your career

Current Employee - Director of Client Retention in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Client Retention in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Unlimited opportunity if you are willing to put in the work - Other reviews have stated this but it can't be emphasized enough. The company demands a lot from employees in order to meet its growth objectives. The benefit to those who contribute and succeed is personal growth in the form of as much responsibility as you want/can handle.
    2. Ability to make a real impact - This includes both areas within an employee's immediate role and across the business. Whether it is coming up with a better way of doing things or being a member of one of the various employee committees (Social Responsibility, Pulse Employee feedback) all employees have the chance to make an impact.
    3. Culture - This company knows how to have fun - employees can take as much or as little advantage of the social aspects as they like.
    Overall - This is a rewarding place to work but it is not always comfortable - there is often change and uncertainty from being a growing company.

Cons

Due to the fast pace the company frequently tries to do too many things at once – this can cloud the company direction and confuse employees.

Advice to Management

Put out more consistent communication from the top down where company vision/direction is concerned and be disciplined about sticking to a few key objectives.

2. Not a place to call home

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

8-5 job, lots of alcohol, simple straightforward work in any position, lots of partying. If you're good at all of these you can get relatively easily promoted.

Cons

Culture fosters: immaturity and lack of creativity/accountability, hostility among employees, lack of collaboration other than to win a sale, lack of ownership, high employee turnover and frustration, salary far below market.

Advice to Management

It's time to evaluate whether the strong sales culture truly benefits the company long term. Time to evaluate whether it should really take years to build a stable team in every department. Maybe time to add responsibility to the sales culture as a company value.

3. Started my career at this company

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees, culture, perks, nice office, potential for some great products to sell, employee development, office locations, exposure to lots of different areas of business.

Cons

High turnover of employees - especially in sales, lots of tension between sales and marketing, lots of bottlenecks in the IT/pre-sales/customer implementation processes, slow go-to-market strategy for newest/coolest products.

Advice to Management

Expedite the process of ditching older, less revenue generating products and put more focus on newest products (Prospect IQ). Metric sales management on training reinforcement - lots of tactics are only visible on the floor about a week or two after trainer leaves. Focus on developing younger employees further.

5. Potential for personal and professional development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Truly open door policy with management
    -Potential to create your own role (if business benefit can be proven)
    -Focus on personal and professional development
    -Collaborative and fun atmosphere
    -Management and senior management have high expectations of all employees and are committed to having those expectations met

Cons

-Pay is fair (could be slightly higher)
    -Long hours

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of innovative ways to keep our company moving forward. Saas (Software as a Service) is no longer new and cutting edge. We need to keep pushing the boundaries so that we do not become eclipsed by competitors or new challengers in the market (think of Google's capabilities) PS the Manager of Customer Experience may be one of your most valuable assets.

Don't Work in Tech Support!!

Current Employee - Customer Support Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the social aspect of the company and that most people are in their 20s and 30s. It's a generally fun place to work.

Cons

Terrible pay; horrible tech support manager; no respect from anyone; would rather you leave the company than give you a raise or promote you. You work hard and do extra (working in two positions at the company for barely any money) and they don't appreciate you at all. In their eyes, even the best employee is replaceable. Also, you have no life- I worked 7am until at least 5pm (sometimes 13 hour days) and really never got to have a life.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to hire new people all the time and invest your time and money on the people you currently have instead. Why keep bringing in new people when you can keep the good ones and just compensate them more fairly??

Priorities all wrong

Current Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really hard to think of any.
    Maybe the 50cent soda machine?

Cons

Managers are inexperienced
    Micro management at its finest
    Absolutely no work/life balance
    Walk in 15 seconds late expect to be spoken to, but they will not remember the 3 extra hours you worked the night before
    If you are not in sales, do not expect any recognition

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep your good talent, as it walks right out the door due to the petty micro managing
    Flex time does not mean you have to give 48hrs notice to come in 30minutes late!!

8. Great Company, Made Me Who I am Today

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to advance your career, over a 6 year period I was promoted 5 times and each time given a role that challenged me to push myself outside of my comfort zone.
    The sales training is unmatched to any other company I have seen in the market. The skills are transferable to every role you take moving forward, and make you a better business person. Not many companies will not only allow but encourage young motivated people to sell to large, complex organizations.
    If you are looking to put in the time, listen to people that have been there before, and work hard to achieve results so that you progress your career this is the place. QAS will allow you to walk into your next job/role with such an advantage that you will get the role over others with double the amount of experience.
    For anyone who reads the reviews on glassdoor and sees any less favorable comments, I would caution you to take them with a grain of salt. Simple fact is that most people can't cut it here, it is for the cream of the crop. If you want a job that you do your 9-5, collect your paycheck, and go home this isn't it. Some people on here thought they were cut out for it but in reality they were not.

Cons

QAS is always about building a plan and executing to results. Where I would provide suggestions is to improve the follow through of such plans.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your strengths, developing people, that is what I think QAS does better than anybody, I am living proof.

9. Exciting, challenging work environment with a great upside.

Former Employee - Technical Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Significant opportunity for growth, many opportunities to receive training on new skills, supportive management team and a team-oriented culture.

Experian QAS is great place to start and grow your career. The management structure puts a great deal of emphasis on people and their development. I was able to join the company in an administrative role and grow into a management position across my five years with QAS. Senior management does a great job of proactively engaging with employees to understand what challenges they face and what they can do to make the overall employee experience better. It truly is a people-first culture. If you want to work at a high energy organization that rewards and develops its people, this is a great company to be with.

Cons

QAS asks a great deal of its employees, but for those who rise to the challenge, they're rewarded with significant career growth and opportunity.

Advice to Management

The company's success is largely built on amazing people. Keep doing what you're doing and continue investing in people who want to come to work, make a difference and grow their career as a result.

Huge learning opportunity, work with young, fun-loving, smart, and ambitious people

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

Lots of learning in many aspects of the business and cross-departmental working opportunities. Many social events, volunteering opportunities. 20s/early 30s age of most employees - people are young and driven.

Cons

Compensation is definitely below average. Hours were long and showing up to work at 8:00 was late, 7:59 was on time. Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced

Advice to Management

see cons. Practice what you preach.

11. Great team atmosphere, lots of room to grow and develop

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about Experian QAS is the people. It's a fun place to work with a great culture. I have found management to genuinely care about my career progression and growth, and the company has provided many opportunities for me to develop quickly in areas that interest me. It's a great company to get your foot in the door and begin building a career, as there are lots of different career paths open to those that prove themselves.

Cons

The work hours can seem a bit rigid (8-5), but most departments are becoming more flexible.

RSS Feed </> Embed