Experian Data Quality US Reviews

71 reviews filtered by

Priorities all wrong

Current Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really hard to think of any.
    Maybe the 50cent soda machine?

Cons

Managers are inexperienced
    Micro management at its finest
    Absolutely no work/life balance
    Walk in 15 seconds late expect to be spoken to, but they will not remember the 3 extra hours you worked the night before
    If you are not in sales, do not expect any recognition

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep your good talent, as it walks right out the door due to the petty micro managing
    Flex time does not mean you have to give 48hrs notice to come in 30minutes late!!

2. Great Company, Made Me Who I am Today

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to advance your career, over a 6 year period I was promoted 5 times and each time given a role that challenged me to push myself outside of my comfort zone.
    The sales training is unmatched to any other company I have seen in the market. The skills are transferable to every role you take moving forward, and make you a better business person. Not many companies will not only allow but encourage young motivated people to sell to large, complex organizations.
    If you are looking to put in the time, listen to people that have been there before, and work hard to achieve results so that you progress your career this is the place. QAS will allow you to walk into your next job/role with such an advantage that you will get the role over others with double the amount of experience.
    For anyone who reads the reviews on glassdoor and sees any less favorable comments, I would caution you to take them with a grain of salt. Simple fact is that most people can't cut it here, it is for the cream of the crop. If you want a job that you do your 9-5, collect your paycheck, and go home this isn't it. Some people on here thought they were cut out for it but in reality they were not.

Cons

QAS is always about building a plan and executing to results. Where I would provide suggestions is to improve the follow through of such plans.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your strengths, developing people, that is what I think QAS does better than anybody, I am living proof.

3. Exciting, challenging work environment with a great upside.

Former Employee - Technical Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Significant opportunity for growth, many opportunities to receive training on new skills, supportive management team and a team-oriented culture.

Experian QAS is great place to start and grow your career. The management structure puts a great deal of emphasis on people and their development. I was able to join the company in an administrative role and grow into a management position across my five years with QAS. Senior management does a great job of proactively engaging with employees to understand what challenges they face and what they can do to make the overall employee experience better. It truly is a people-first culture. If you want to work at a high energy organization that rewards and develops its people, this is a great company to be with.

Cons

QAS asks a great deal of its employees, but for those who rise to the challenge, they're rewarded with significant career growth and opportunity.

Advice to Management

The company's success is largely built on amazing people. Keep doing what you're doing and continue investing in people who want to come to work, make a difference and grow their career as a result.

Huge learning opportunity, work with young, fun-loving, smart, and ambitious people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

Lots of learning in many aspects of the business and cross-departmental working opportunities. Many social events, volunteering opportunities. 20s/early 30s age of most employees - people are young and driven.

Cons

Compensation is definitely below average. Hours were long and showing up to work at 8:00 was late, 7:59 was on time. Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced

Advice to Management

see cons. Practice what you preach.

6. Great team atmosphere, lots of room to grow and develop

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about Experian QAS is the people. It's a fun place to work with a great culture. I have found management to genuinely care about my career progression and growth, and the company has provided many opportunities for me to develop quickly in areas that interest me. It's a great company to get your foot in the door and begin building a career, as there are lots of different career paths open to those that prove themselves.

Cons

The work hours can seem a bit rigid (8-5), but most departments are becoming more flexible.

It's a boring company to me

Former Intern - Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

good location and nice benefits

Cons

the pay is not pleasant and not a lot of work to do

8. The magic happens outside of your comfort zone…

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: Challenging work environment that inspires you and pushes you out of your comfort zone. There were many days I found myself skipping to work excited for the new challenges ahead. Being my first job out of school, I learned the valuable lessons of accountability, high work ethic and discipline.
    The people are what make this place special and the culture allows you to bring your personality to work without having to conform, it is energizing and engaging.
    The opportunity is here for the taking but no one is going to hand it to you on a silver platter. You know that if you work hard and give it 110% that good things will come out of it. Don’t wait for opportunity to come knocking at your door, instead YOU go find it and this is the place that lets you do so.
    This job isn’t for everyone but no job is. If you are a highly motivated, self-driven, hard working individual that wants to get business skills and career progression on the fast track –well then this is the place for you.

Cons

Cons: At times the workload can be overwhelmingly fast paced which can lead to quick burn out.

Advice to Management

Advice: Transparency is key and communication systems here do need some improvement especially how information trickles down and is delivered to all individuals within the company.

Newbies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

Great benefits, okay pay.
    Nice people

Cons

Most of the positive reviews are all people who are either fresh out of college or have never worked someplace else in their careers. They have a strong sense that they are doing everything right and don't look to see what anyone else in the industry is doing. FaceTime is more important than actual results. Everyone here is way too involved in everyone personal lives which stems for going out drinking together pretty much every night. In the last six months I've seen at least 30 people leave. The turnover rate is insane here. There is minimal life work balance and zero flexibility for it.

Advice to Management

Activity does not equal productivity

10. Great company to work for, develop, and grow your skill set

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experian QAS has been the most challenging yet rewarding place I have ever worked at. Before joining their direct Sales force, I thought I knew how to sell. I thought I knew the sales process, how to book meetings, how to negotiate and how to get things done. Thanks to a lot of amazing training sessions and working amongst the best sales people I have ever met, I have grown and developed my sales skills to a more strategic and solution based sale. If you are ready to take your sales career to the next level, Experian QAS is the perfect place for you.

Pros:
    - Access to Senior Management – Experian QAS has a true open door policy where at any time during your career the Senior Management team are available to speak with you
    - Growth opportunity – This company has grown double digits every year since they have been in the US (over 12 years) with amazing career opportunities in all departments
    - Social environment – “Work Hard, Play Hard”, QAS knows how to reward hard working employees
    - Product – QAS is well known in the industry and has the best product offering in the data quality market place

Cons

Cons
    - Heat – if you can’t take the heat coming from the pressure on your daily responsibilities as a sales individual you should pass on this opportunity
    - Challenge – You have to be ready to challenge yourself and sometimes learn what you thought you already knew
    - Hours – This is not a 9-5 job, this has been said before, but especially in sales, if you want to blow up your earnings you have to earn it
    - High expectations – Whether you are in sales or any other department (Account Management, Professional Services, Product, Marketing, etc…) you have to deliver your results; be ready for it!

Advice to Management

Try to keep the social culture vibrant as the company is growing

11. Incredible Learning Opportunity

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

- Firsthand exposure to/involvement with all aspects of the company; gained more business knowledge here than with a formal degree
    - Open door policy with senior management; feedback is asked for and taken seriously
    - Consistent support from manager/team/colleagues
     - Ability to make an immediate impact; contributions are rewarded with recognition initiatives
    - Interal Promotion; ability to fast track career (advancement is based on merit, not tenure)
    - Various training/development opportunities
    - Lively, collaborative culture - fun social events; teamwork-based atmosphere

Cons

- High expectations & fast-paced environment can mean a significant amount of pressure; extremely stressful environment at times
    - Less experienced management group sometimes translates into inconsistent application of company policies, which may feel unfair to some

Advice to Management

- Embrace change and innovation more. If we truly want to embody the entrepreneurial/risk taking spirit of a start up, give people the chance to take calculated leaps and allow them to fail. Solicit feedback/constructive criticism from external hires as soon as they come onboard and still have fresh eyes.
     - Put a more robust training program in place for potential managers so they have a thorough understanding of everything that type of role entails
     - Make the tough but necessary calls on employees who are not a good fit for the company earlier on
    - Keep development and training a TOP priority for all employees

Experian Data Quality US Photos