Experian Data Quality US

Updated December 18, 2014
3.1

Experian Data Quality US SVP & General Manager Thomas Schutz
Thomas Schutz

Pros
  • The work hard play hard mentality is extreme but fun (in 8 reviews)

• If you truly want to be a good salesperson this a great place to start your career (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced (in 8 reviews)

• High expectations - this is not a company for people seeking a 35 hour work week (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Priorities all wrong

Current Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really hard to think of any.
    Maybe the 50cent soda machine?

Cons

Managers are inexperienced
    Micro management at its finest
    Absolutely no work/life balance
    Walk in 15 seconds late expect to be spoken to, but they will not remember the 3 extra hours you worked the night before
    If you are not in sales, do not expect any recognition

Learn how to keep your good talent, as it walks right out the door due to the petty micro managing
    Flex time does not mean you have to give 48hrs notice to come in 30minutes late!!

Huge learning opportunity, work with young, fun-loving, smart, and ambitious people

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

Lots of learning in many aspects of the business and cross-departmental working opportunities. Many social events, volunteering opportunities. 20s/early 30s age of most employees - people are young and driven.

Cons

Compensation is definitely below average. Hours were long and showing up to work at 8:00 was late, 7:59 was on time. Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced

see cons. Practice what you preach.

Great team atmosphere, lots of room to grow and develop

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about Experian QAS is the people. It's a fun place to work with a great culture. I have found management to genuinely care about my career progression and growth, and the company has provided many opportunities for me to develop quickly in areas that interest me. It's a great company to get your foot in the door and begin building a career, as there are lots of different career paths open to those that prove themselves.

Cons

The work hours can seem a bit rigid (8-5), but most departments are becoming more flexible.

The magic happens outside of your comfort zone…

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: Challenging work environment that inspires you and pushes you out of your comfort zone. There were many days I found myself skipping to work excited for the new challenges ahead. Being my first job out of school, I learned the valuable lessons of accountability, high work ethic and discipline.
    The people are what make this place special and the culture allows you to bring your personality to work without having to conform, it is energizing and engaging.
    The opportunity is here for the taking but no one is going to hand it to you on a silver platter. You know that if you work hard and give it 110% that good things will come out of it. Don’t wait for opportunity to come knocking at your door, instead YOU go find it and this is the place that lets you do so.
    This job isn’t for everyone but no job is. If you are a highly motivated, self-driven, hard working individual that wants to get business skills and career progression on the fast track –well then this is the place for you.

Cons

Cons: At times the workload can be overwhelmingly fast paced which can lead to quick burn out.

Advice: Transparency is key and communication systems here do need some improvement especially how information trickles down and is delivered to all individuals within the company.

Great company to work for, develop, and grow your skill set

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Experian QAS has been the most challenging yet rewarding place I have ever worked at. Before joining their direct Sales force, I thought I knew how to sell. I thought I knew the sales process, how to book meetings, how to negotiate and how to get things done. Thanks to a lot of amazing training sessions and working amongst the best sales people I have ever met, I have grown and developed my sales skills to a more strategic and solution based sale. If you are ready to take your sales career to the next level, Experian QAS is the perfect place for you.

Pros:
    - Access to Senior Management – Experian QAS has a true open door policy where at any time during your career the Senior Management team are available to speak with you
    - Growth opportunity – This company has grown double digits every year since they have been in the US (over 12 years) with amazing career opportunities in all departments
    - Social environment – “Work Hard, Play Hard”, QAS knows how to reward hard working employees
    - Product – QAS is well known in the industry and has the best product offering in the data quality market place

Cons

Cons
    - Heat – if you can’t take the heat coming from the pressure on your daily responsibilities as a sales individual you should pass on this opportunity
    - Challenge – You have to be ready to challenge yourself and sometimes learn what you thought you already knew
    - Hours – This is not a 9-5 job, this has been said before, but especially in sales, if you want to blow up your earnings you have to earn it
    - High expectations – Whether you are in sales or any other department (Account Management, Professional Services, Product, Marketing, etc…) you have to deliver your results; be ready for it!

Try to keep the social culture vibrant as the company is growing

It's a boring company to me

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

good location and nice benefits

Cons

the pay is not pleasant and not a lot of work to do

Newbies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

Great benefits, okay pay.
    Nice people

Cons

Most of the positive reviews are all people who are either fresh out of college or have never worked someplace else in their careers. They have a strong sense that they are doing everything right and don't look to see what anyone else in the industry is doing. FaceTime is more important than actual results. Everyone here is way too involved in everyone personal lives which stems for going out drinking together pretty much every night. In the last six months I've seen at least 30 people leave. The turnover rate is insane here. There is minimal life work balance and zero flexibility for it.

Activity does not equal productivity

Incredible Learning Opportunity

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

- Firsthand exposure to/involvement with all aspects of the company; gained more business knowledge here than with a formal degree
    - Open door policy with senior management; feedback is asked for and taken seriously
    - Consistent support from manager/team/colleagues
     - Ability to make an immediate impact; contributions are rewarded with recognition initiatives
    - Interal Promotion; ability to fast track career (advancement is based on merit, not tenure)
    - Various training/development opportunities
    - Lively, collaborative culture - fun social events; teamwork-based atmosphere

Cons

- High expectations & fast-paced environment can mean a significant amount of pressure; extremely stressful environment at times
    - Less experienced management group sometimes translates into inconsistent application of company policies, which may feel unfair to some

- Embrace change and innovation more. If we truly want to embody the entrepreneurial/risk taking spirit of a start up, give people the chance to take calculated leaps and allow them to fail. Solicit feedback/constructive criticism from external hires as soon as they come onboard and still have fresh eyes.
     - Put a more robust training program in place for potential managers so they have a thorough understanding of everything that type of role entails
     - Make the tough but necessary calls on employees who are not a good fit for the company earlier on
    - Keep development and training a TOP priority for all employees

When going through other QAS reviews, please have the sense to weed out false positive gushing reviews

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's such a demanding environment where if you stick around long enough they'll move you up to middle management where you can break in the newbies and get crap from upper management

Cons

- Management offers no real backup or tools to help you do your job better
    - It's a technical software product company where no one knows technology
    - Promotions will be dangled in front of your nose, promises will be made and forgotten when the time comes due
    - Salary is well below industry standard across the board

You hurt for people, employ a full time recruiter, and spend countless hours interviewing a mass of people. Then why do you treat existing employees like crap once they work for you.

Good company but help out the young guns.

Former Employee - Sales Development Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people, good product, awesome Dev team and sales engineers

Cons

Some middle management is too busy to bother with the younger sales associates

Spend more time with your younger sales associates or find someone to train them properly

Experian Data Quality US Photos