Experian
www.experiangroup.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Experian Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 17, 2014
Experian – Nottingham – “Experian Landmark House”

Experian CEO and Director Don Robert

Don Robert

51 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A very fulfilling, but fast paced employer. Lots of room for growth if you want it.

Systems Security Administrator (Former Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsBenefits are superb, they have them all. Time-off policies are great. Promotions are not bad.

ConsThey tend to get top heavy with leadership, and have many lay-offs to balance that.

Advice to Senior ManagementA cut back in leadership would be an improvement.

Not what it used to be. Ok, if do not have any other option

IT Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsFast pace, good for gaining experience. Training opportunities are there but it depends on which department or group you belong to.

ConsToo much focus on bringing new revenue and almost no focus on retaining current customers. Quality of work suffers because of focus on speed.

A big company with an uncertain future.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsQuality people and culture. Decent salaries plus competitive performance bonuses. Acceptable work / life balance. Strong benefits package. The company does a high level of community outreach and philanthropic work.

ConsRecent changes and management and market conditions have affected stability. Company suffers from process paralysis. Annual bonuses were not given this year which has affected morale. I have little confidence in the leadership abilities of several mid-level VPs.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start your career

Finance Intern (Former Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsIf you take the initiative, there are always opportunities for recognition. You can take on high profile projects and work with members outside your functional group. The team environment is friendly and nurturing, and management is open and receptive.

ConsThere are few opportunities for career growth within the company. Although they do hire internally, you're more likely to expand within your given role rather than move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would have been interesting to have more cross-functional team experiences to increase employee ownership of company (versus functional) goals and objectives.

Overworked, under appreciated and whole department was planned to be moved to Chile when I was hired.

Client Services (Former Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThe people were hard workers and willing to share their experiencial information for the benefit of the department. I gained some experience that was beneficial to me as a person.

ConsWorkload was usually excessive and overly demanding. The work was stressful, monotonus and error prone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest in the hiring process that the position you are interviewing for will be gone in less than two years!

A decent place to work but management really needs to listen to its employees

Senior Development Manager (Current Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsGood work life balance, great office culture and great hardworking people to work with.

ConsNo personal growth, no perks, compensation is on the low end. Company is moving all development offshore and has no plan in place to do this. Product management in the UK is so disconnected with the development in the US. There is no accountability in any of the teams. Too many contractors and not many employees, huge risk.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. Allow for more training for employees. Pay market salaries.

Trying to join the big leagues

Community Relations Specialist (Current Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsCompetent coworkers, fair salaries, growth oriented, big ideas, and established reputation

ConsBureaucratic, political atmosphere, poor decision making at times, complex and convoluted

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and promote the best people

Public Relations Manager

Public Relations (Current Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThe company has strong leadership. It also provides a true work life balance environment and offers fantastic benefits. It is a great place to work.

ConsThis is the best job that I have ever had. For me, it is hard to point our any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing into your current employees.

Fair pay poor management

Sales (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsGreat people working here, very sharp with high commitment levels. Great industry to be in, business information is key to many organizations.

ConsPoor management, little direction is given to employees. You are many times left to make your own assumptions for your line of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees they are the ones working directly with customers.

Not cutting-edge but still a good company to work for

Costa Mesa, CA

Pros-Good 401(K) plan (matches up to 4%)
    -Pretty good benefits and competitive pay
    -Professional development and training
    -Huge company and many different career opportunities
    -Lots of longevity here. A lot of people have been here over 35+years!

Cons-Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems)
    -Very good-ol' boys mentality here. A bunch or people making a few people lots of money
    -Technology for employees to work with is pretty old stuff. They recently upgraded everyone to Win7, and Windows 8 has already been out.
    -I'm not on these teams, but it sounds like a lot of lay-offs occur here when you're in Sales or Business type positions

Advice to Senior ManagementFor these surveys you make us take, please don't misinterpret the meanings. When the people said better career development opportunities, they did not mean they wanted more forms to fill out.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!

Experian Videos

Experian – Why Work for Us?

What you bring to the world of Experian makes a world of difference. Imagine having the power to bring data to life. To take information and turn it into solutions that advance industries, power companies, and improve… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian CEO Don Robert. All 51 reviews posted anonymously by Experian employees.