Experian Marketing Services

Updated September 17, 2014
2.6

Experian Marketing Services Group President Michael Devico
Michael Devico

Pros
  • Free bagels and subsidized vending machines (in 9 reviews)

• The company supports a great work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low work life balance as a result of instability and struggling to compete in the marketplace (in 6 reviews)

• All of the client services jobs were outsourced to Costa Rica (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

39 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I was in client service for 2 years

Current Employee - Client Services Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Services Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great clients. Accessible senior management. Finally getting its act together on product and strategy

Cons

Client Service leaders are stuck in the past. They only know email and long for the good old days. The VP of Client Service is holding everyone back and should be replaced.

Stick to your guns. The cross-channel plan is starting to work and all you need to do is get those boring, stuck in the mud Directors and VPs to get with the program

Cheetahmail's demise.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

Pros

There were quite a few..
    Most died off paying for unnecessary Sr.Directors positions or their mistakes.

Cons

Come one come all !!!

Need a lay over period for your financial job ?
    No problem Cheetahmail does that.

Are unskilled and want to be overpaid ?
    Yup.. Cheetahmail is the place.

Have a Director "friend" in Cheetahmail and have janitorial skills ?
    You got it. A Sr.Director position is waiting for you.

Are from a certain unskilled financial ethnic group ?
    Oh.. you must have missed the boat.. all of them already work here.
    No worries..
    Cheetahmail will accomodate you even if there was no need for your position.

Are a Director type and need few new buzz words on your resume ?
    No problem..
    No matter what stupid decisions you make, you'll alway come out a winner.

But most important..

If you ever want to learn how to ruin one of the better companies that I worked for, stop by anytime.
    For a month, 3 months or even half a year.

Regards

Start reading glassdoor reviews.
    We write them for a reason.

If you are looking for a jumping off point in your career than this is a great place to get started

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Exposure to resources that will help you navigate the online marketing medium is the biggest plus. You have the opportunity to learn the industry from a client, project management and publishing perspective. If you are looking to start your career in the online marketing space I would give this place two years MAX. Don't waist your time beyond that unless they offer you a higher title.

Cons

Unfortunately they do not know how to effectively use talented people. They do not know how to train effective managers which is VERY important when building teams that support the demands of very large companies. The company is going through some growing pains unfortunately have the highest impact on the many overworked and underpaid employees.

This company really needs to put just as much energy into training their management and staff on their (sub par) application as they do on their employees, management and company culture. Take the pulse of your lowest paid and hardest working employees (AMs, SAMs and most CRMs) because they reflect fundamental issues with the company and work on making those changes. Get ahead of the problems and challenges instead of constantly trying to fix them after the fact.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- free bagels on Wednesday

Cons

- NO work-life balance, work till 8-9pm regularly and work on weekend common
    - NO job security, people laid off after 1-2 months of working here
    - TOO many bugs in technology, majority of clients leaving for competitors
    - FORCED to lie to clients to hide what really happens behind the scene

Late nights, Work on weekends, and more...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free bagels on Wednesday
    Able to work from home

Cons

Next round of layoffs coming very soon, layoffs not uncommon even for people who started only 2 months ago
    You are asked to bring laptops home every night and on weekends to be on call to work
    Frequent firedrills as application or servers break weekly

Please do not ask us to write optimistic reviews on Glassdoor if we do not believe in the future here

Strict work hours and a massive outsourcing move makes for a low morale workplace

Former Employee - Client Solutions Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Solutions Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was reasonable for the market, especially with the bonus. The managers are adept at their jobs, and did a good job in training me in the proprietary software and processes.

Cons

The company is strict in starting the work day at 9am and staying till 6pm EXACTLY. I had to ask my manager to leave even 15 minutes early. Also, the upper management decided to fire the majority of the Client Services team (Account Managers) and outsource that work to Costa Rica to cut costs. Due to these issues and others, the morale in the office is very low. Both my manager and other teammate resigned while I was working there.

I do not recommend working here. Find somewhere with a healthier office culture and more flexible management.

Stop outsourcing, and relax on the office hours and working from home flexibility.

Low company morale, disconnected senior management, people leaving due to instability/layoffs

Current Employee - Cross-Channel Marketing  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Cross-Channel Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, hard-working colleagues, and location right at the heart of the financial district. Free bagels on Wednesdays.

Cons

Constant layoffs, off shoring, executives resigning and realignment/restructuring causes a lot of instability within the organization. Company is struggling to meet revenue targets and company will pull strings to cut corners and meet EBIT numbers. Low work life balance as a result of instability and struggling to compete in the marketplace. Client service will likely suffer due to off-shoring. Very buggy technology, lots of "gap fixes"

Invest in your brand, go to market positioning, and your employees. Stop acting like a chaotic start-up and practice what you preach to clients. Work to improve morale.

Glory days may be over

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary was competitive, flexible working arrangements, if you work hard you are recognized for it, great HR organization that is always trying to engage employees. If you were lucky enough to land one of the nicer teams, your working day would be pleasant and everyone on your team would pull their own weight. I felt like people were always willing to teach others and it was a very positive working environment for me.

Cons

- Not enough forward-thinking when it came to the tool itself, and now they are slipping behind their competition.
    - Sweet spot for winning big deals was the excellent client service that they provided and now that they are laying off a huge chunk of client services, clients will suffer and I anticipate large accounts will not resign.
    - The application itself needs a lot of maintenance work and we suffered some embarrassing issues that really damaged our reputation with our biggest clients. Issues kept happening over and over again and client services took the brunt of it not only from clients, but then again by losing their jobs because so many big accounts didn't resign with the company.

Focus on the tech pitfalls and stop punishing people on the front line for things out of their control. Get the product right, listen to your clients and work on repairing the hearts and minds of the people that you've put through a very difficult time lately. We've built great relationships with our team members and with our clients and you've really done a number on all of that with your decisions, including the folks in Costa Rica who are saddened and overwhelmed by what has happened to us in the US.

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Working at Experian, you will learn a lot. You'll have the chance to hone your time and project management skills. Gain experience working with HTML & data in addition to interacting with clients.

Cons

The cons can vary depending on which team/client you get assigned to. Hours can be long, multiple changes at the last minute with little to no heads up.

Management does a pretty good job of balancing the "bad" with the good but there does need to be greater representation from the top.

Great people all around you, but disconnected upper management. It has evolved in the wrong direction

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Intelligent and eager individuals working hard on all their accounts. Great teams and a lot of collaboration.

Cons

Outsourcing jobs to Costa Rica, disconnected upper-management, confusing decisions on promotion

Clients (and Experian middle-management) will not enjoy having their key contacts outsourced

Worked for Experian Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!