Experian Marketing Services

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
2.7

Matt Seeley

Pros
  • The company supports a great work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Free bagels and subsidized vending machines (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Low work life balance as a result of instability and struggling to compete in the marketplace (in 7 reviews)

• All of the client services jobs were outsourced to Costa Rica (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- free bagels on Wednesday

Cons

- NO work-life balance, work till 8-9pm regularly and work on weekend common
    - NO job security, people laid off after 1-2 months of working here
    - TOO many bugs in technology, majority of clients leaving for competitors
    - FORCED to lie to clients to hide what really happens behind the scene

Talented employees, great comp & benefits, struggles with long-term vision

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for professional and personal growth. Great compensation and benefits packages. Management clearly recognizes importance of work/life balance for employees, so ideal environment for individuals seeking stability and decent work schedule (for the most part).

Cons

Competitive comp and relatively stable job security begets a long-tenured staff and seasoned management (people stick around for great jobs), but unfortunately it can also foster complacency and risk averse leadership.

The organization still has a great set of products and services, but its position in the marketplace will be tested over the next five years. Continue to invest and innovate or be prepared to cede market share to more nimbler competitors.

Strict work hours and a massive outsourcing move makes for a low morale workplace

Former Employee - Client Solutions Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Solutions Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was reasonable for the market, especially with the bonus. The managers are adept at their jobs, and did a good job in training me in the proprietary software and processes.

Cons

The company is strict in starting the work day at 9am and staying till 6pm EXACTLY. I had to ask my manager to leave even 15 minutes early. Also, the upper management decided to fire the majority of the Client Services team (Account Managers) and outsource that work to Costa Rica to cut costs. Due to these issues and others, the morale in the office is very low. Both my manager and other teammate resigned while I was working there.

I do not recommend working here. Find somewhere with a healthier office culture and more flexible management.

Stop outsourcing, and relax on the office hours and working from home flexibility.

Low company morale, disconnected senior management, people leaving due to instability/layoffs

Current Employee - Cross-Channel Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Cross-Channel Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, hard-working colleagues, and location right at the heart of the financial district. Free bagels on Wednesdays.

Cons

Constant layoffs, off shoring, executives resigning and realignment/restructuring causes a lot of instability within the organization. Company is struggling to meet revenue targets and company will pull strings to cut corners and meet EBIT numbers. Low work life balance as a result of instability and struggling to compete in the marketplace. Client service will likely suffer due to off-shoring. Very buggy technology, lots of "gap fixes"

Invest in your brand, go to market positioning, and your employees. Stop acting like a chaotic start-up and practice what you preach to clients. Work to improve morale.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Everyone is very helpful and extremely friendly. It is a family orientated envirorment and provides a great company culture. There are several recognition programs and great opportunities to advance within the company.

Cons

There are a lot of organizational changes going on at the moment. Some people may be worried about job stability.

Keep up the good work

Promises are frequent and hollow.

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

The benefits and pay are competetive

Cons

The company is more likely to focus on poorly executed one-time cost savings rather than focusing resources and energy on becoming competitive in the market.

Just looking at bottom line

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Not much. Wide range of clients.

Cons

Salaries and morale are low. People are leaving. Employees not being compensated for what they deserve. Technology is behind.

Stop looking at bottom line numbers.

Glory days may be over

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary was competitive, flexible working arrangements, if you work hard you are recognized for it, great HR organization that is always trying to engage employees. If you were lucky enough to land one of the nicer teams, your working day would be pleasant and everyone on your team would pull their own weight. I felt like people were always willing to teach others and it was a very positive working environment for me.

Cons

- Not enough forward-thinking when it came to the tool itself, and now they are slipping behind their competition.
    - Sweet spot for winning big deals was the excellent client service that they provided and now that they are laying off a huge chunk of client services, clients will suffer and I anticipate large accounts will not resign.
    - The application itself needs a lot of maintenance work and we suffered some embarrassing issues that really damaged our reputation with our biggest clients. Issues kept happening over and over again and client services took the brunt of it not only from clients, but then again by losing their jobs because so many big accounts didn't resign with the company.

Focus on the tech pitfalls and stop punishing people on the front line for things out of their control. Get the product right, listen to your clients and work on repairing the hearts and minds of the people that you've put through a very difficult time lately. We've built great relationships with our team members and with our clients and you've really done a number on all of that with your decisions, including the folks in Costa Rica who are saddened and overwhelmed by what has happened to us in the US.

Experian is a great place to learn and gain experience with digital marketing and big data.

Current Employee - Account Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Great place to learn and good work-life balance. While it may get busy, there is a lot of responsibility and trust among the management for the entry level positions to get a lot of work done. A good place to understand HTML and some of the back-end technology for digital marketing. Even with the workload, I don't feel compelled to bring any work home and any additional hours get compensated with overtime.

Cons

Workload depends on client you are assigned to so depending on your team and relationship with the client it will either be a positive or stressful environment

Better vertical communication. Not a lot of transparency between senior team and everyone below.

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Working at Experian, you will learn a lot. You'll have the chance to hone your time and project management skills. Gain experience working with HTML & data in addition to interacting with clients.

Cons

The cons can vary depending on which team/client you get assigned to. Hours can be long, multiple changes at the last minute with little to no heads up.

Management does a pretty good job of balancing the "bad" with the good but there does need to be greater representation from the top.

Experian Marketing Services Photos