Experian
www.experiangroup.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Experian Reviews in Nottingham, England

Updated Apr 16, 2014
Experian – Nottingham – “Experian Landmark House”

Experian CEO and Director Don Robert

Don Robert

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Corporate juggernaut

Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood working environment, conditions and facilities
Good career opporunities
Diverse and generally skilled workforce

ConsBeing a corporate juggernaut means it is slow to change and adapt
Speed to market is a real issue
Investment in one area is offset by a reduction on others - can be a lottery
Thinks it is customer focused - it is the opposite

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be customer/client focussed then put your money where your mouth is. Put it in objectives, mission statements, forecasts and overall company ethos. Instead all it really boils down to is share price - so why retend otherwise?

I left because of the is unertone of saying one thing and doing another.

Business outlook will be good - because all it cares about is share price - if thats what interests you then you'll enjoy it.

Mixed - lacking Innovation and autonomy, great workforce, opportunities for travel

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsKnowledgeable, talented and determined workforce
Great travel/relocation opportunities
Unique market position
Exciting and Interesting Data and Technology utilisation

ConsNon competitive remuneration
Some Middle Management should be cast in The Office
Low level of autonomy
High level of non job loss restructuring
Roadmap/Strategy is rarely adhered to
Reluctance to invest in basic systems/tools

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on building process and systems to support day to day life, rather than buzzwords and internal fighting.

Decision Analytics - Landmark House Nottingham

Credit Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat atmosphere, loads of similarly minded people who are happy to help you out with anything. People regularly go for beers after work and there is a free bus into town to go shopping at lunch if you wish.
The culture is that as long as you do your work well, you can be flexible with your hours. The majority of the office left at 3pm on a friday, which was always nice!
Pay was also above average for my role in the regions.

ConsVery few cons, I loved my time at Experian!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experian-DA review

Intern (Former Employee)
Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at Experian as an intern for more than a year

ProsRespected work-life balance.
Long-term career opportunities.
Great company culture.

ConsLower than average salaries and bonuses.

Advice to Senior Managementn.a.

A fast growing global business that continues to grow and has great prospects in the BRIC economies. Very stable

HRBP (Current Employee)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 8 years

ProsClear strategy, great CEO, has grown up alot since floated in 2006 and for anyone who wants to get diverse experience in a fast growth business, it still has plenty to offer. People are very friendly and want to help, there is a good team ethic through the business, which has grown alot over last few years. Benefits package is generally good overall, but base pay is no more than market average.

ConsSnr HR leadership team is OK, but by no means world beating and the organisation has outgrown current HRD. The rewards for Snr people seem at odds with other people lower in the organisation, so it would be nice for some of the great growth and results to trickle down. For people who perform, there is great experience to gain, albeit this doesn't always follow with promotions and reward, which can/will frustrate the ambitious There is a frustrating tendency to recruit externally for Snr roles, rather than use talent internally, which is far cheaper and much lower risk of failure.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook inside the organisation to promote to more snr roles and be prepared to take a risk, there are lots of talented people looking for that next step

Money grabbing

I have been working at Experian

ProsThe pay is good and the people who work there are mostly nice however it is call centre based so employees lack empathy

ConsTheir terms and conditions are misleading

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy better managers who listen to employees for the need for change

Interesting but challenged by politics and red tape

I have been working at Experian

ProsSome good people who work hard, fairly good facilities, light and spacious office.

ConsToo much politics, decisions taken behind closed doors, things get more complicated every time senior management says they will get simpler, great emphasis on employee monitoring, too much emphasis given to sharesholders. Whether the area goes well or not this makes little difference to the employees, except for redundancies when it doesn't go well. Loyalty is a one way ticket.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, use common sense in decisions not just the endless data compiled on databases that doesn't always reflext reality. Appreciate the value of experience in employees rather than substituting with cheaper new workers, preferably abroad.

STOP the Finance department from running everything !!

I have been working at Experian

ProsSome really good enthusiastic people.
Passion for the company

ConsTargets in the UK are far too high in certain parts of the business, relative to market growth

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture in Nottingham, good people in the company who talk common sense need to be listened to.

Once a good company, now going nowhere.

Senior (Current Employee)

I have been working at Experian

ProsPosh sounding name. Sounds good when u say you work for Experian.

ConsBullying is quite bad. Low morale. High turnover. Staff don't communicate well with other departments. Antiquated systems in place. Stuck together using gaffer tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out the bullying issues. Invest some money in decent systems instead of stuck together rubbish. Sort of the management so that they actually know what they are doing.Stop the bullying of staff.

Unbelievable but true..

Senior (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian

Prosto gain domw functional knowlwdge about financial services. To meet some good people of experience and try to learn from them what you can, on your own. To testify to the fact-to your next employer- that you can handle demanding assignments.

ConsComplete inadequacy of management and leadership, amateur bahaviors, lack of organisation, 'corridors' and behind the scenes actions and discussions, lack of professionalism coupled with ever more ambitious expansion plans- which leaves clients completely uncovered and frustrated..

Advice to Senior ManagementGo home, the business is not functioning at all..There is no professional HR practise, very inadequate and fragmented-unprofessional training. low cost cannot be the prevalent factor if you want to compete internationally. Also, show some pity to your -even big-customers!

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian reviews and ratings in Nottingham, England — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian CEO Don Robert. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Experian employees.