Experian Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
2.9

Brian Cassin

Pros
  • work life balance is typically OK but reflected in poor pay and benefits (in 18 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not take interest in mentoring subordinates (in 19 reviews)

• Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Experian

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor  in  Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Their facilities are awesome in Texas! Probably the best work environment to be in. I think at one point it was voted the best office in DFW. You're asked to work overtime a lot, but if you're not on salary who cares. The company places a lot of value in providing the best to its customers.

Cons

Personal growth is pretty amazing at times, but it's easy to get stuck in one place after the first promotion. Training is pretty extensive, but lacks in a lot of areas.

Reward your employees better. You told us how much we made one year and decided to cut our bonuses...

Good employer

Former Employee - Data Management Manager
    Former Employee - Data Management Manager

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

Great co-workers willing to share knowledge. This company treats employees like people. Organized charitable activities performed in local community.

Cons

Little room for professional growth. No work-life balance. Sometimes too focused on the here and now.

Yay

I have been working at Experian

Pros

Benefits are very very good

Cons

Don t know .. nothing different from any where else I suppose

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Downsized But Not For Lack Of Trying

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant SSC  in  Benbrook, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant SSC in Benbrook, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I work in the specialized sales channel working with Experian resellers. I am fortunate the I get to work remotely and have nice benefits. However, the company values don't seem to exist. When I was a sales manager at Chilton we all worked together to grow the business and their was a team approach to selling. In this group, everyone works independently and the only team that exists is on the sheet of paper in human resources. We need a strategic approach to growing the business with less criticism from the newbies to the group.

Cons

We continue to have a constant turnover in leadership in our group. Our new vice president talks too much about herself, does not keep information confidential. She recently suggested that I turn in my sales hat to work on compliance issues and product management products. The only reason she was promoted is because she spoke in a negative manner to multiple people in the organization about her peers. As a result, those people have been put out to pasture or have been forced to resign.

Get a manager in our group that is interested in growing the business and sticking with business issues. We are so tired of hearing of her accomplishments in her life. The rest of us our hear to work and not focus on issues with the vice president of specialized sales.

Would be 5 stars if not for the fact that each year the company has layoffs, as often as quarterly.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The main office at 475 Anton is great with schedule flexibility and supports the work/family balance. 9 out of 10 managers are supportive and available when you need them. Good benefits and vacation allotments. Clean, newer office and equipment. Overall pleasant workforce with a 'let's help each other' vibe. Backstabbing and self-promotion at the expense of coworkers is NOT the norm.
    Experian is ethical in its purported intent and business goals and actively promotes community involvement and supports local and national charities.

Cons

Workforce is top heavy with management, especially on the director and VP level. The company talks about not having silos (i.e. groups that have information that isn't known/shared freely with other groups) yet silos persist and cross group/department communication is poor. Customer focus initiatives are rolled out with fanfare, much to the appreciation of clients, only to fade away in a year or two due to changes in upper management and/or a lack of accountability from regulators.
    And of course, mass layoffs are routine. I worked there for almost 15 years, and for the first few years, the layoffs happened perhaps every three years, including the year I started. The last six years have incurred layoffs every year, with the rate increasing to quarterly this year. Perhaps this is due to the change in upper management to those with a background in finance: the bottom line for the next quarter is everything (shareholders must see an immediate profit!), and long-term planning is moot? I guess time will tell if this strategy works or if the talent pool of experienced workers becomes so drained that data quality becomes severely compromised.

See Cons, above.

Not flexible and to slow to adjust to changes in the industry

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than a year

Pros

in some departments there is better work/life balance in others not so much.

Cons

Do not count on the bonus if taking a new position. Management is asking newcomers for input however always turn it down. Company does not invest money in the new software and uses mostly freeware or old outdated versions that not compatible with new versions that is currently on the market.

Invest in the new updated software, allocate budget for technical training, be more open to the suggestions that new hires bring with their experience from other companies - it will help you to keep the company on the decent level.

Great Company

Former Employee - Marketing Communications  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People, pay, autonomy, work/life balance

Cons

High Pressure, lots of politics

Trust your employees

Ok company

I worked at Experian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay's well, depending on business unit good office culture, random perks and discounts.

Cons

You can get lost in the shuffle.

Reduce waste, a lot of redundancy.

Great culture but too much politics

Current Employee - QA Tester  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - QA Tester in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good pay rate
    Good culture
    Good work/life balance

Cons

Too much politics
    Difficult to convert from contract to full time
    Employees are disposable

Please back up your tenured and professional employees and keep them.

Interesting company that is moving from being a collection of small operations to a more connected global organisation

Current Employee - Commercial
    Current Employee - Commercial

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wide variety of work, good opportunities for travel. Generally employ intelligent staff. Compensation is lower side of average, time off average, work life balance mixed

Cons

Experian still hasn't quite managed to start like acting like a grown up global company. Regional and local profit targets get in the way of effectively dealing with growth and investment sometimes.

Keep going. Still much to do. And just because consultants cost more doesn't mean they must be right! Trust and stretch your own staff.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!