Experian
www.experiangroup.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Experian Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014
Experian – Nottingham – “Experian Landmark House”

Experian CEO and Director Don Robert

Don Robert

Pros:
  • "Good work life balance, great office culture and great hardworking people to work with"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Good benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management consistently purging resources to meet bottom line numbers"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems)"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to start your career

Finance Intern (Former Employee)
Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian as an intern for less than a year

ProsIf you take the initiative, there are always opportunities for recognition. You can take on high profile projects and work with members outside your functional group. The team environment is friendly and nurturing, and management is open and receptive.

ConsThere are few opportunities for career growth within the company. Although they do hire internally, you're more likely to expand within your given role rather than move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would have been interesting to have more cross-functional team experiences to increase employee ownership of company (versus functional) goals and objectives.

Collaborative work environment on exciting projects

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian

ProsInteresting projects coming in with more of a consulting angle. Collaborative work environment is great when you are starting out.

ConsExpect potentially long hours in kind of an unexpected manner. Project deadlines dictate whether or not you can maintain a flexible schedule.

A decent place to work but management really needs to listen to its employees

Senior Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work life balance, great office culture and great hardworking people to work with.

ConsNo personal growth, no perks, compensation is on the low end. Company is moving all development offshore and has no plan in place to do this. Product management in the UK is so disconnected with the development in the US. There is no accountability in any of the teams. Too many contractors and not many employees, huge risk.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. Allow for more training for employees. Pay market salaries.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All the advantages and challenges to be expected from an organization of this size

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood work/life balance, training opportunities, decent compensation, and a great plan for time off and benefits. It's great resume material, and the vast reach of the company's capabilities provides many learning opportunities.

ConsA great deal of bureaucracy, poor decision making within the labyrinth of management tiers, and disconnected understanding for actually fixing what's broken. Employee surveys and exit interviews are conducted to satisfy protocol, but the real solutions are ignored or translated into rhetorical programs to keep people "engaged" without any measurable effect.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider taking real action from your request for the employees' input. Otherwise, if bureaucracy and self-preserving manipulation are actually the driving forces for decision making and company culture, then let your people get back to their tasks and be honest about why the changes they were asked about aren't happening.

Trying to join the big leagues

Community Relations Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than a year

ProsCompetent coworkers, fair salaries, growth oriented, big ideas, and established reputation

ConsBureaucratic, political atmosphere, poor decision making at times, complex and convoluted

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and promote the best people

Good but no growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsRelaxed Environment, Learn at your own pace

ConsNo set career growth, you need to push for improving compensation

Good place to work

Sales (Former Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood company. Great location. Professional staff. Excellent benefits. There is room for moving up in the company, just have to kiss the right tush.

ConsRevolving door. Job security can be an issue, even for great employees. Culture is a bit loopy at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the hire/lay off cycle. It creates paranoia among employees and leads to decreased productivity. Have some faith in your employees and invest in them.

The worst job I ever had

Consumer Associate II (Former Employee)
Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are none. It is a terrible place to work

Consinept Team Managers. Pay is terrible. They will hire anyone due to the revolving door, no one stays very long.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a decent wage, you will get better quality staff. Consider advancing Manager's that actually have had some of management training.

It could be worse.

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDecent pay & benefits plan; pretty casual dress code; somewhat flexible schedule; family-like environment

ConsMundane work; current hiring freeze places more work the remaining individuals; quite often, there's too much work, and too little resources

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to keep your employees refreshed.

Legal Compliance

I have been working at Experian

ProsGood company good people good location

ConsI do not have much bad to say

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian CEO Don Robert. All 201 reviews posted anonymously by Experian employees.