Experian

www.experiangroup.com

Experian Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Experian – Nottingham – “Experian Landmark House”

Not yet rated.

Brian Cassin

Pros
  • work life balance is typically OK but reflected in poor pay and benefits(in 17 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not take interest in mentoring subordinates(in 19 reviews)

• Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems)(in 5 reviews)

A very fulfilling, but fast paced employer. Lots of room for growth if you want it.

Systems Security Administrator (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsBenefits are superb, they have them all. Time-off policies are great. Promotions are not bad.

ConsThey tend to get top heavy with leadership, and have many lay-offs to balance that.

Advice to Senior ManagementA cut back in leadership would be an improvement.

Formerly great company has gone downhill fast

IT Staff (Former Employee)

ProsLocation is close to home. Salaries are pretty good. Many long-time employees are wonderful co-workers with great knowledge and provide great service. Occasional telecommuting allowed by some managers, but not all.

ConsTerrible management at all levels! Company goals are all very short-term. They only care about cost-cutting with no concern for quality or retaining knowledgeable, valuable employees. Example: in IT, approximately 80-90 percent of very experienced and knowledgeable staff were laid off and replaced with less experienced workers with lower salaries. Many jobs were shifted to other countries or states.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking long-term. Listen to employees who know the business and their jobs when making decisions. Stop lying to employees. Improve the technology at what should be a high-tech company.

Call Center Agent

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsBeggining salary is good for an agent, 40 sick hours are part of the benefits starting on first pay check.

ConsConstant changes and a day to day basis. Management is cutting back on employee bonuses for monthly achievements. Call Center QA always find minimum details to fail you on the calls.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experian is good company to work for with great people. Technology can be mixed.

ProsReputed Company, Great friendly commited people.

ConsTechnologies as old as 1.1

A wrong turn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThere are other divisions to work for that are likely better managed than the Costa Mesa office.

ConsThe most political work environment I've ever worked in. Constant change, lack of focus and no sign of teamwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire capable Sr. Managers that are real leaders. Pay attention to the customer and build products that cater to their needs.

OK company.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsGood working environment. Nice facility.

ConsLimited opportunities for growth. Unreliable bonus structure.

Not what it used to be. Ok, if do not have any other option

IT Supervisor (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsFast pace, good for gaining experience. Training opportunities are there but it depends on which department or group you belong to.

ConsToo much focus on bringing new revenue and almost no focus on retaining current customers. Quality of work suffers because of focus on speed.

Project Manager Analyst Expert

Project Manager Manager (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsNice facility, decent benefits,

ConsDirection of company is ever changing. Bonus structure not balanced. British culture - often feel that American staff are inferior. Little growth opportunities. No training opportunities in certain areas. Company allows staff to grow stagnant.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing I say will help.

Used to be a great company, but has fallen flat

ProsAbout the only pro is compensation

ConsExperian has become a very negative environment where issues greatly overshadow accomplishments. The management of the company seems to turn a blind eye to the reality of poor decisions and negative reinforcement towards its workforce. Because of this the attrition rate has gone up considerably, moral is at an all time low, and productivity is clearly suffering.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to pick up the pace and not make the employees pay for executive mistakes. You need to seriously consider taking a step back and figuring out how to keep those that are exceptional and get rid of those that are dead weight.

Way better customer service based jobs out there

Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) Allen, TX

Prospay, benefits, time off, sick time

Conspay, sales. work balance, environment, favoritism, not enough opportunity for growth, the way you are treated by customers

Advice to Senior Managementstand up for you employees, move the people who deserved to be moved up, treat people the way you would like to be treated

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!