Experian Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
2.9

Brian Cassin

Pros
  • in some departments there is better work/life balance in others not so much (in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits and vacation allotments (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not take interest in mentoring subordinates (in 21 reviews)

• Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems) (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people, great work and life balance

I worked at Experian

Pros

People,Quality of life, Compensation
    This is a stupid,website

Cons

Sales,driven,organization which sometimes creates,challenges across divisions

Top heavy company that used to innovate but now is only concerned about the bottom line. Hopefully they can turn it.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, nice cafeteria

Cons

The company is not agile enough to keep up with the changing pace of the marketplace.

Look around you. Your competition is eating your lunch!

Wierd vibe and predatory work environment

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, company car to all customer-facing sellers

Cons

Predatory management practices. When I joined it was made clear to me that I was supposed to "clean house" There were good employees in place and I was not about to just fire them. When I decided to keep these employees my fate was sealed and I got the sack

Try developing new managers and employees rather than just take them in and fire them after 9 months. Provide an opportunity for improvement and mentorship. Work life balance was a joke here

Experian

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Their facilities are awesome in Texas! Probably the best work environment to be in. I think at one point it was voted the best office in DFW. You're asked to work overtime a lot, but if you're not on salary who cares. The company places a lot of value in providing the best to its customers.

Cons

Personal growth is pretty amazing at times, but it's easy to get stuck in one place after the first promotion. Training is pretty extensive, but lacks in a lot of areas.

Reward your employees better. You told us how much we made one year and decided to cut our bonuses...

Good employer

Former Employee - Data Management Manager
    Former Employee - Data Management Manager

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

Great co-workers willing to share knowledge. This company treats employees like people. Organized charitable activities performed in local community.

Cons

Little room for professional growth. No work-life balance. Sometimes too focused on the here and now.

Yay

I have been working at Experian

Pros

Benefits are very very good

Cons

Don t know .. nothing different from any where else I suppose

Would be 5 stars if not for the fact that each year the company has layoffs, as often as quarterly.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The main office at 475 Anton is great with schedule flexibility and supports the work/family balance. 9 out of 10 managers are supportive and available when you need them. Good benefits and vacation allotments. Clean, newer office and equipment. Overall pleasant workforce with a 'let's help each other' vibe. Backstabbing and self-promotion at the expense of coworkers is NOT the norm.
    Experian is ethical in its purported intent and business goals and actively promotes community involvement and supports local and national charities.

Cons

Workforce is top heavy with management, especially on the director and VP level. The company talks about not having silos (i.e. groups that have information that isn't known/shared freely with other groups) yet silos persist and cross group/department communication is poor. Customer focus initiatives are rolled out with fanfare, much to the appreciation of clients, only to fade away in a year or two due to changes in upper management and/or a lack of accountability from regulators.
    And of course, mass layoffs are routine. I worked there for almost 15 years, and for the first few years, the layoffs happened perhaps every three years, including the year I started. The last six years have incurred layoffs every year, with the rate increasing to quarterly this year. Perhaps this is due to the change in upper management to those with a background in finance: the bottom line for the next quarter is everything (shareholders must see an immediate profit!), and long-term planning is moot? I guess time will tell if this strategy works or if the talent pool of experienced workers becomes so drained that data quality becomes severely compromised.

See Cons, above.

Not flexible and to slow to adjust to changes in the industry

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

in some departments there is better work/life balance in others not so much.

Cons

Do not count on the bonus if taking a new position. Management is asking newcomers for input however always turn it down. Company does not invest money in the new software and uses mostly freeware or old outdated versions that not compatible with new versions that is currently on the market.

Invest in the new updated software, allocate budget for technical training, be more open to the suggestions that new hires bring with their experience from other companies - it will help you to keep the company on the decent level.

Great Company

Former Employee - Marketing Communications in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Experian full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

People, pay, autonomy, work/life balance

Cons

High Pressure, lots of politics

Trust your employees

Ok company

I worked at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay's well, depending on business unit good office culture, random perks and discounts.

Cons

You can get lost in the shuffle.

Reduce waste, a lot of redundancy.

Experian Photos