Experian Reviews

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
2.9

Brian Cassin

Pros
  • work life balance is typically OK but reflected in poor pay and benefits (in 18 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not take interest in mentoring subordinates (in 19 reviews)

• Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

From the envy to sweatshop

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most work together for the common good but since the largest disruption in recent memory, it has not been the same place.

Cons

Work life balance does not exist, UK management mentality seem to be evermore prevalent and not for the better.

Downsized But Not For Lack Of Trying

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant SSC  in  Benbrook, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant SSC in Benbrook, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I work in the specialized sales channel working with Experian resellers. I am fortunate the I get to work remotely and have nice benefits. However, the company values don't seem to exist. When I was a sales manager at Chilton we all worked together to grow the business and their was a team approach to selling. In this group, everyone works independently and the only team that exists is on the sheet of paper in human resources. We need a strategic approach to growing the business with less criticism from the newbies to the group.

Cons

We continue to have a constant turnover in leadership in our group. Our new vice president talks too much about herself, does not keep information confidential. She recently suggested that I turn in my sales hat to work on compliance issues and product management products. The only reason she was promoted is because she spoke in a negative manner to multiple people in the organization about her peers. As a result, those people have been put out to pasture or have been forced to resign.

Get a manager in our group that is interested in growing the business and sticking with business issues. We are so tired of hearing of her accomplishments in her life. The rest of us our hear to work and not focus on issues with the vice president of specialized sales.

Outsourced

Current Employee - Data Management Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Management Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote work is possible, fair compensation, good people

Cons

Layoffs and work outsourced, not a good work life balance

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture but too much politics

Current Employee - QA Tester  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - QA Tester in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good pay rate
    Good culture
    Good work/life balance

Cons

Too much politics
    Difficult to convert from contract to full time
    Employees are disposable

Please back up your tenured and professional employees and keep them.

Formerly great company has gone downhill fast

Former Employee - IT Staff
    Former Employee - IT Staff

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Location is close to home. Salaries are pretty good. Many long-time employees are wonderful co-workers with great knowledge and provide great service. Occasional telecommuting allowed by some managers, but not all.

Cons

Terrible management at all levels! Company goals are all very short-term. They only care about cost-cutting with no concern for quality or retaining knowledgeable, valuable employees. Example: in IT, approximately 80-90 percent of very experienced and knowledgeable staff were laid off and replaced with less experienced workers with lower salaries. Many jobs were shifted to other countries or states.

Start thinking long-term. Listen to employees who know the business and their jobs when making decisions. Stop lying to employees. Improve the technology at what should be a high-tech company.

A very fulfilling, but fast paced employer. Lots of room for growth if you want it.

Former Employee - Systems Security Administrator  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Security Administrator in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are superb, they have them all. Time-off policies are great. Promotions are not bad.

Cons

They tend to get top heavy with leadership, and have many lay-offs to balance that.

A cut back in leadership would be an improvement.

Low Budget Employer

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II  in  Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No weekends Vacation Sick Time

Cons

No recognition no matter how hard you try. Lazy employees get paid the same or more as hard working employees, who never call in sick. Management recognizes employees whom they like not employees that get the job done. Less qualified people promoted to positions, while qualified applicants are told they need more experience.

Stop playing games. no one cares about Kentucky Derby or Dance off. Pay a decent wage based on experience. Stop holding qualified hardworking employees back because you don't like them.

Call Center Agent

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Experian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beggining salary is good for an agent, 40 sick hours are part of the benefits starting on first pay check.

Cons

Constant changes and a day to day basis. Management is cutting back on employee bonuses for monthly achievements. Call Center QA always find minimum details to fail you on the calls.

Experian is good company to work for with great people. Technology can be mixed.

I have been working at Experian

Pros

Reputed Company, Great friendly commited people.

Cons

Technologies as old as 1.1

A wrong turn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are other divisions to work for that are likely better managed than the Costa Mesa office.

Cons

The most political work environment I've ever worked in. Constant change, lack of focus and no sign of teamwork.

Hire capable Sr. Managers that are real leaders. Pay attention to the customer and build products that cater to their needs.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!