www.experiangroup.com

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
2.9

Brian Cassin

Pros
  • in some departments there is better work/life balance in others not so much (in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits and vacation allotments (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not take interest in mentoring subordinates (in 23 reviews)

• Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems) (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Kind Monolith

Former Employee - Senior Implementation Analyst in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Implementation Analyst in Carmel, IN

I worked at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, compensation, and work enviroment.

Cons

Company is too big to really innovate or impove processes.

Great people, great work and life balance

I worked at Experian

Pros

People,Quality of life, Compensation
    This is a stupid,website

Cons

Sales,driven,organization which sometimes creates,challenges across divisions

DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Waste of career time!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gain relationships with co workers
    Benefits
    Perks

Cons

Management and supervisors look out for eachother. So there is no advancement besides people they choose. Promotion is based on being liked and not skill.
    They have so many lawsuits, sexual harassment, discrimination, fmla and sadly HR takes the manager and supervisors side if you file a complaint. (They have a tight close unit)
    The experian brand cheats there customers with the $1 trial every call is a upset member demanding refunds and we are trained not to give any refunds
    This job does nothing for natural talent, it will drive you crazy...

Care about your employees and job instead of friendships

Corporate needs to do undercover boss

Top heavy company that used to innovate but now is only concerned about the bottom line. Hopefully they can turn it.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, nice cafeteria

Cons

The company is not agile enough to keep up with the changing pace of the marketplace.

Look around you. Your competition is eating your lunch!

Wierd vibe and predatory work environment

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, company car to all customer-facing sellers

Cons

Predatory management practices. When I joined it was made clear to me that I was supposed to "clean house" There were good employees in place and I was not about to just fire them. When I decided to keep these employees my fate was sealed and I got the sack

Try developing new managers and employees rather than just take them in and fire them after 9 months. Provide an opportunity for improvement and mentorship. Work life balance was a joke here

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Their facilities are awesome in Texas! Probably the best work environment to be in. I think at one point it was voted the best office in DFW. You're asked to work overtime a lot, but if you're not on salary who cares. The company places a lot of value in providing the best to its customers.

Cons

Personal growth is pretty amazing at times, but it's easy to get stuck in one place after the first promotion. Training is pretty extensive, but lacks in a lot of areas.

Reward your employees better. You told us how much we made one year and decided to cut our bonuses...

Good employer

Former Employee - Data Management Manager
    Former Employee - Data Management Manager

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

Great co-workers willing to share knowledge. This company treats employees like people. Organized charitable activities performed in local community.

Cons

Little room for professional growth. No work-life balance. Sometimes too focused on the here and now.

Yay

I have been working at Experian

Pros

Benefits are very very good

Cons

Don t know .. nothing different from any where else I suppose

Would be 5 stars if not for the fact that each year the company has layoffs, as often as quarterly.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The main office at 475 Anton is great with schedule flexibility and supports the work/family balance. 9 out of 10 managers are supportive and available when you need them. Good benefits and vacation allotments. Clean, newer office and equipment. Overall pleasant workforce with a 'let's help each other' vibe. Backstabbing and self-promotion at the expense of coworkers is NOT the norm.
    Experian is ethical in its purported intent and business goals and actively promotes community involvement and supports local and national charities.

Cons

Workforce is top heavy with management, especially on the director and VP level. The company talks about not having silos (i.e. groups that have information that isn't known/shared freely with other groups) yet silos persist and cross group/department communication is poor. Customer focus initiatives are rolled out with fanfare, much to the appreciation of clients, only to fade away in a year or two due to changes in upper management and/or a lack of accountability from regulators.
    And of course, mass layoffs are routine. I worked there for almost 15 years, and for the first few years, the layoffs happened perhaps every three years, including the year I started. The last six years have incurred layoffs every year, with the rate increasing to quarterly this year. Perhaps this is due to the change in upper management to those with a background in finance: the bottom line for the next quarter is everything (shareholders must see an immediate profit!), and long-term planning is moot? I guess time will tell if this strategy works or if the talent pool of experienced workers becomes so drained that data quality becomes severely compromised.

See Cons, above.

Downsized But Not For Lack Of Trying

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant SSC in Benbrook, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant SSC in Benbrook, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I work in the specialized sales channel working with Experian resellers. I am fortunate the I get to work remotely and have nice benefits. However, the company values don't seem to exist. When I was a sales manager at Chilton we all worked together to grow the business and their was a team approach to selling. In this group, everyone works independently and the only team that exists is on the sheet of paper in human resources. We need a strategic approach to growing the business with less criticism from the newbies to the group.

Cons

We continue to have a constant turnover in leadership in our group. Our new vice president talks too much about herself, does not keep information confidential. She recently suggested that I turn in my sales hat to work on compliance issues and product management products. The only reason she was promoted is because she spoke in a negative manner to multiple people in the organization about her peers. As a result, those people have been put out to pasture or have been forced to resign.

Get a manager in our group that is interested in growing the business and sticking with business issues. We are so tired of hearing of her accomplishments in her life. The rest of us our hear to work and not focus on issues with the vice president of specialized sales.

Experian Photos