Experis

Be The First To
Add Photos

Experis President Jonas Prising

Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Hourly rate was average for the IT job I was assigned in SC(in 4 reviews)

• Expeis is good company , quite organised with streamlined process(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Little human interaction, incompetent payroll staff, broken time tracking system, unpaid holidays until after 1000 hours logged (or 6(in 3 reviews)

• Account Manager never took the time to introduce themselves to me(in 3 reviews)

I had high hopes that dwindled away.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsOne boarding was thorough with checklist and reminders. They are all very helpful at the beginning.

ConsTheir timeslip entry program is one of the worst I've used. Since the onboarding was so wonderful I expected more out of this company in regards to touching base periodically. They failed.
    Health Plan isn't any worse or better from other contracting companies. Sad really.
    I'm rolling off a project and given the experience and reviews that I've had, I would have thought they would be doing everything to keep me with them. They have let me down.

Full Time Experis employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy first year and a half with Experis was very pleasant. Lots of support from management, good team environment, no micro-management. Average base salary, and excellent benefits.

ConsCommunication and support across business lines was very frustrating. Last 6 months of employment had major management change and went downhill from there. Communication and support from direct management extremely poor and almost non-existent. Very negative work environment. Commission plan changed 3 times in 2 years and got worse each time. Valuable sales time was spent on way to much busy work such as business plans, self evaluations, required internal certifications, daily and weekly reports, multiple daily meetings, etc. Separation package is shameful, no severance offered to anyone below senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of the valuable employees you have while you have them! Be more selective of new management and their qualifications to actually manage and support sales and recruiting teams. The lack of support and communication with the core office teams hurts production and brings down office moral.

Rudderless boat

Technical Manager (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsAll in all, a very nice group of people to work with.

Cons1) Senior Management from Manpower do not understand the difference between staffing and solutions.
    2) Staffing model is stifling and slow. They cannot compete with nimble competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart at the very top, and replace nearly every senior manager from Manpower. Fire the guy who came up with the ridiculous recruitment model you're using, and replace this failing one-size-fits-all approach.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't expect much from this vendor company

SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI have one Account Manager that actually cared about me. Then, they left the company and I felt forgotten :(

ConsWhen my Account Manager left the company, my new Account Manager never took the time to introduce themselves to me. They had no problem making meetings with the client, just not me. The benefits are weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep those monthly coffee meetings as a priority. They always get canceled at the last minute. Include vacation and sick days in your benefits. Plus, if the client is closed on a holiday, we should get paid too. For example: the client is closed the day after Thanksgiving, so I can not work. But, I don't get paid for it because it's not an Experis holiday.

Contractors are People Too at Experis

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen I experienced the failing of the "right to work" law, as an employer ended my contract with no notice or explanation just because they could when it suited them, Experis came got me paid to the end of the week! I have NEVER had any contracting company ACTUALLY treat me the way they said they would. It was VERY encouraging.

ConsI would recommend Experis to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy interaction with Experis was positive even in a very negative situation. Keep up that ethic!

Experis REALLY needs to work on their time tracking system.

Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThey have an automated hiring process which some people might like, however I did not appreciate all the warning e-mails about how I did something wrong, or that something was not completed in a timely manner, when there was absolutely no guidance during the entire process.

ConsLittle human interaction, incompetent payroll staff, broken time tracking system, unpaid holidays until after 1000 hours logged (or 6.25 months time worked), apathetic and unknowledgeable staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementExperis REALLY needs to fix their time tracking system, and replace the incompetent people that support it with actual knowledgeable payroll professionals. I'm literally on the verge of terminating my contract with them, simply because they have had issues from day one. From doing my background check, to understanding the differences in their client's payroll system from theirs. It has been an utter nightmare just communicating with these people, and I wouldn't wish this terrible employment experience on anyone, EVER.

Experis

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThey pay on time and have benifits

ConsNo contact after you are contracted.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the contractors

no team work, no cross-sell, politics

Consultant (Former Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Prosold customers and agreements. candidate database is ok but a bit old. many candidates but not sorted properly. hard to search

Consno team work, no cross-sell, office politics, not sharing the customer infomation. management is slow to react (or no action) when there are clear problems in job opening assignment. no guide or enough resources from management - only want sales from us

Advice to Senior Managementno

Great opportunities but limited follow through.

Contract Compliance Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSomeone has said the same thing that bears repeating. Experis is a good company but once your contract ends, you literally become nonexistent to them. They are not very proactive on helping you to find a new opportunity once you advise them that you've been told that the contract will end at a certain date.

ConsNot enough support in helping you find other opportunities once the contract ends

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make those of us who complete contracts feel like we're just a commodity. We did the work in a number of cases with a sense of excellence but when its done we don't want the "What have you done for me lately" feeling. Help us to help you.

No News is Good News

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsSalary, especially if you find your own position, but need an agency to back you up. It's free money for the agency as they did not put any effort to place you. Therefore you should fight for a higher salary.

ConsNo bonuses. They are hands-off, so don't really know your performance.

Worked for Experis? Contribute to the Community!