Exponent HR

1 Rating

Pros and Cons

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Exponent HR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedules sometimes and casual dress for most departments.

Cons

Total lack of communication, no room to advance in your career, no compensation incentives or performance reviews for extended periods of time. No real direction or guidance when it comes to the company's values and goals.

Take initiative and take responsibility! Don't lead your workforce by lack of responsibility and total lack of communication. Employees are not motivated and felt appreciated by being led by people who leave them in the dark.

Customer of Exponent HR

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Exponent HR full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They were a good check cutting company. That's about it.

Cons

Be careful with ExponentHR. We had them for a little over 2 years and their service was lacking. More importantly, please realize that once you leave them, they will charge you 50% of your monthly fees to have even one day of access to get to your data if you need to. They'll tell you at termination that you need to go into the system and download all the reports you will ever need, but the reality of doing that with their system is not practical. You cannot get to check stubs without touching every employee record and downloading the documents individually. I need to get a prior year check stub for an employee and they are forcing me to pay $800 to get it. I can foresee that this will become a big issue in the future for us, but they know they have a gun to our head. I have lost all respect for this company.

Working for a small company with lots of family and friends...Good or Bad?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Exponent HR

Pros

ExponentHR is a small, tight knit, organization which offers a very comprehensive and competitive benefit package. Generous paid leave and benefit plans are among the best in the industry. A truly unique product and service offering stands out against our competitors. You really feel like you are a part of a company that IS making a difference in our industry.

Cons

Sometimes you wonder who is running the company and how decisions get made. If you truly want to excel as an organization then you need to set goals and metrics for everyone in the organization and then evaluate on those goals. This organization does very little to accept responsiblity for a poor outcome and very often points to an outside factor for the failure.

Communication and performance evaluation in this company are virtually non existant. Employees really do crave open dialog from the leadership in the company. Regularlly scheduled updates on our success and failure. Two words, Honesty and Openess.