Express Employment Professionals

Updated September 13, 2014
Updated September 13, 2014

Express Employment Professionals Chairman and CEO Robert A. Funk
Robert A. Funk

Pros
  • Their job is to find people for other organizations, but it's hard to find a job after you leave (in 9 reviews)

• Helping people improve their lives (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Only con was that most of the jobs they found had low pay (in 5 reviews)

• It can depend on the franchise owner and many only care about the sales (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I have worked with Express off and on for many years and enjoyed the experience.

I have been working at Express Employment Professionals

Pros

Working as a staffing specialist offers you the opportunity to acquire experince in many different positions and industries.

Cons

When an assignment ends, you have no guarantee that a new assignment will be readily available. Also, there are no benefits except for a fixed-benefit medical plan that covers virtually nothing.

For reliable and productive employees, start looking for another position for them at least 2 weeks before their current one ends.

Great Company

Current Employee - Machine Operator  in  Chesterfield, MI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Chesterfield, MI

I have been working at Express Employment Professionals full-time for more than a year

Pros

They Always Had A Job For Me

Cons

The Job Were Always Very Far

Growing the business is the key to promotion and increased pay

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in San Antonio, TX

Pros

This is a high-energy, fast-paced environment. There is a real sense of reward in both helping people find work and helping companies fill their workforce needs. They pay incentive based on the level of business. If you are helping the business grow you are getting rewarded for it. There is a lot of autonomy in making decisions and driving the business.

Cons

Sometimes additional hours are required to complete work or get someone to a job. There is an on-call phone duty.

Keep it a fun environment. Flexibility has been helpful.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Career Driven Outsourcing Staff Company

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Personal Growth, Training offered, Builds relationships with employees, great with communication. Seems to be making progress in stepping up the professional jobs and opportunities.

Cons

Finding the right fit for associates to represent the company. Your employees tells the company the story that you or your sales man or woman can not tell. You are like a training enforcer. Companies rely on you for Quality and Superior Service.

Invest in more training for Employees coming through. Temps, Direct Hires are the same, they represent your company.

Started out great, then went downhill fast. If you have no other choice than to use an agency, this one might help you.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Easton, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Easton, PA

I worked at Express Employment Professionals as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Found me work quickly, paid holidays and time off after a certain number of hours worked, friendly staffing consultants.

Cons

Temp work only - no promise of a permanent job, lack of communication once placed on assignment, hard to find more work once an assignment ends.

Communicate with the people you place so they know where they stand while on assignment.

Seattle Branch

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Express Employment Professionals full-time for more than a year

Pros

They were polite and relatively efficient in finding work, be it long term or short term assignments. Setting up direct deposit was easy and office visits were unnecessary beyond the initial interview.

Cons

No benefits. The director of the Seattle branch seemed a bit high strung and even a bit insulting. After a year of good, steady employment, suddenly went to maybe a week, then to just a couple of days and when I put my foot down and refused to accept one day assignments(because at that point, why not just do day labor?) I was told they were "letting me go" because I was "unreliable". Unreliable. After just under a year of stellar performance and rave reviews from the companies I went out on assignment for.

Get over yourselves.

It was not as promised

I worked at Express Employment Professionals

Pros

training opportunities if management follows through

Cons

work life balance, time off policies,

Great company, helped me achieve my dreams of business ownership!

Current Employee - Franchise Owner
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner

I have been working at Express Employment Professionals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great opportunities for internal employees who have an interest in the recruiting industry. Started as a recruiter, 7 years later I own a successful franchise because of the Express bridge to ownership program. This opportunity has allowed me to provide financial stability for my family, hundreds of employees per year with great jobs, and a great work/life balance. For temporary employees, Express offers free interview and resume consultation, skills training, career coaching, job opportunities with a wide variety of industries, and a caring compassionate staff to assist you in your job search.

Cons

Recruiting industry is very fast paced and demanding. Internal employees must be both sales and customer service focused. Managing job seeker and client expectations can be challenging. For temporary employees, no down side I can think of.

Continue to innovate in technology. We are not competitive with our social media, web site interface, electronic reporting of hours, and CRM software. Really happy with focus on branding and media efforts over the last 3 years. Great to see Bob Funk doing the interview rounds. Keep up the great work Bob!

Excellent Service

Former Employee - Full Charge Bookkeeper  in  Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Full Charge Bookkeeper in Novato, CA

Pros

Best service I have ever received from an agency.

Cons

I didn't have any issues.

Took a gamble

I have been working at Express Employment Professionals

Pros

It was a great learning experience,

Cons

More sales focused than people focused

Worked for Express Employment Professionals? Contribute to the Community!