Express Processing Reviews

Updated January 8, 2015
33 reviews filtered by
2.4
CEO

Best Processing company out there!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Express Processing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a good company and want to make good money and have fun, this is the company for you! I have been with Express for a little over 10 months now and can honestly say I love what I do! A majority of the negative reviews on here must be from competitors trying to make us look bad. Allot of other processors are threatened by us because of our e2.5 credit card machine and our pricing. Express offers a product that no one else has, and our rates are always competitive. I have had a merchant every once in a while decline an appointment, but I have always been paid my commissions on time. This is a sales position, not an order taking position. I guess the people that are complaining on here thought they could just walk into the location and the merchant says "where do I sign". It doesn't work that way in the sales world today, the consumer is buying you. So if you cant sell yourself, then this may not be for you. I took a chance on this company and I'm glad that i did!

Cons

I would not mind having a company car :)

Love the product and the company. You guys know what you are doing.

2. Great Company!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Express Processing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I looked up Express Processing online like everyone else does. I did see mixed reviews, but i liked what they had to offer and there was no up front expense to apply. They have a great commission structure, they have free training and you also have a direct contact to a Team Coordinator, that helps you get sales if you are having problems! Also their product is amazing! I still have not run across a credit card machine that can do what ours can do... I really don't understand why people talk bad about this company? Express makes money when the sales rep makes money so why would they NOT be looking out for whats best for you!? I have worked for other industries prior to Express in a call center that had pre set leads, and I'm sorry guys but the appointments are what they are. You can only confirm them as best as you can. I have learned in sales that buyers are liars. As a sales person it does not matter HOW the appointments are set, what matters is if im going to close this merchant and put food on the table for my family! that's what matters!

Cons

no cons at this time

I'm looking forward to advancing within the company!

3. About what I figured

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at Express Processing

Pros

Managment was very helpfull. They really triy to keep you pumped up!

Cons

Straight commission, and preset appointments were not so preset!

Well I believe the market is so saturated that consumers are really tired of so many different people in this business trying to push this product! For my taste, it's just a high turn over, one visit close that I just don't care for. May be for some but not myself.

Awesome Company to grow with!!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in Steelton, PA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in Steelton, PA

I have been working at Express Processing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Support staff! Absolutely love Coleman, he truly is very helpful! Preset appointments, ability to make your own hours and make it your own business. Commission structure is generous.However, if you are a good at sales and you know what you are doing this is the perfect job.

Cons

Some of the challenges I believe is the pre-appointment setting. I truly believe they have to find better appointment setters that actually care about their job and are not just their to make a paycheck. Of course I know so many people that own businesses I really don't need to use the pre-set appointments.

While I agree with the comments about the appointment setters I think that you should take the advice of finding good quality people who can set appointments are honest because if they get paid per appointment they are essentially ripping off the company and have no ethics whatsoever. The management is not the problem, the company is not the problem it all starts with the appointment setters because they are the first point of contact and are essential to the support of the sales consultants. We pay for our own gas so sending us on a bogus appointment is not helpful, however again I have already taken a bogus appointment and turned it into a sale. I believe that if you want to be more of a help to your sales consultants and get more sales than we need good quality appointments. Everything else is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Waste of time

Former Employee - Regional Sales Advisor in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Advisor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Express Processing

Pros

Not really any to mention

Cons

The appointments are not pre set like they tell you they are. They want you to basically force a sale down the throat of the prospective merchant.

The worst merchant company in United States

Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in Syracuse, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in Syracuse, IN

I have been working at Express Processing

Pros

None!!! This company is totally fraud.

Cons

I doubt people who gave this company 4 stars or who find helpful this company, they are either the members of top management of this company or parts of owners. From the owner, recruiting managers to all top level management people are simply garbage. They don't have any education. My advice for any future representative, please never think to work for this company. Their appointments systems, payroll systems all are false. They don't pay employees even though employees spend a lot of money from their own pocket.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Orange, CA

I worked at Express Processing

Pros

They do a good job at fooling people into thinking you can actually have a good career with them.

Cons

This company sent me out on four bogus appointments. They build up your hope to make lots of money and they claim to be ethical...no ethics here!!!

Make REAL appts and don't waste anyone else's time, money and gas driving all over the place to bogus appts.

Not Effective and Not Good Appts.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Express Processing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The hiring manager was very friendly.

Cons

I worked for them for one day. Being a seasoned sales professional my time is very valuable. Being sent on wild goose chase throughout the valley is not a good use of my time. EVERY appointment that I went to either had no idea that I was coming or they had said they were not interested. ONE was not even at the right address. A total waste of time.

Get better appointments. Get better Sales Managers. Do not sugar coat the job to make people believe that they are going to make a lot of money. Just like everything you need to build your pipeline and acquire product knowledge.

RSC

Current Employee - RSC in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - RSC in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Express Processing

Pros

Hiring contact was from a call center type, but professional and nice over the phone...Sent commissions of other RSC to capture your attention...and the Commission statements looked great. Interview Process was easy, not a whole lot of questions, just all good stuff about the position and the potential of money that good be made. It's like running your own business...set your own schedule.

Cons

Training was lacking...you do a Webinar, basically explaining the product and the features of the machine...however, during my Webinar rollcall was taken at the beginning and I counted over 25 people from various areas....you could hear background noise from one of the potential RSC...sounded like friends were there with him and they were chillin out, it was crazy, not very effective training...I also, find it strange that there are know examples of how to approach the customer, being a sales representative for over 20yrs, I would think there would have been examples of how they strategize for the switch and bate, because that's exactly what it is. I think they get their leads from a source that shows small business that have cancelled their service, because most of my appointments that I was able to actually speak to a person, they told me just started with a new company they are now with and not interested in switching again because of all the charges incurred. I like the industry and think I will be successful at it, however, I'm opting to cold call, instead of drive all over the world for a dirt road, and the owner tells you he told the telemarketer he/she was not interested....Why in the world do they think this is the right way to do business, it seems very dishonest....my suggestion would be to present with a more professional appearance, business cards, and literature about the company with the RSC so, that the customer is more trustworthy of you and the Company, especially when they said they were not interested.....Oh but they just hired 100 people a month, and the cost to the company if the postage for the FedEx package they mailed, there is no true investment in setting up the RSC.......

Training should be more professional.....not so many people, therefore, more personable and interactive and the questions can not only be heard, but answered as well. The Direct Sales Coordinators and paid employees who get a commission off of your sales, be a little more helpful and motivative...I think the more professionalism would win me over!

SCAM!

Current Contractor - RSC
    Current Contractor - RSC

I have been working at Express Processing as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Nice recruiting staff, good discussions and able to give you an overview of the company. Good initial training discussions however lacks on price models.

Cons

Terrible company. Absolute SCAM! Coming from a sales executive of over 20 years that saw opportunity with the changing regulations this looked and sounded great. Unfortunately it couldn't have been further from the truth. Company "claims" to "schedule" hot lead appointments with owners of small to medium size businesses. NO appointments are actually set. Call center calls and finds out name of owner then sends you. Team leaders then try to "coach" you on how to turn it into an appointment and get them on the phone with the owner to try to bulldoze their services. When this does not work they blame the sales rep for not "conditioning" the owner for the sale. They will not allow you to confirm your appointments. While there may be money to be made, if you have ethics this company in not the place for you.

Train your call center to schedule and confirm actual appointments.