Express Reviews

843 reviews filtered by
3.1
Express President & CEO Michael A. Weiss
Michael A. Weiss

Pros
  • Great discount, fun fast paced environment, diverse group, great rewards for top performers (in 55 reviews)

• Semi-decent discount on product when there is an additional employee discount (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • I don't like minimum wage and sometimes it can get really hectic with customers (in 79 reviews)

• Work Life Balance: Don't expect to take lunch and dont expect to be home in time for dinner (in 28 reviews)

1. Get ready to be part of the minimum wage, revolving door life.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Express part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You will work with some decent people.

Cons

-You will be promised a promotion and a pay raise but will never see it.
    - You can be the best seller but if the manager has favorites, too bad.
    - Male managers are sexist.
    - People who need to be are never fired, just given no shifts.
    - Puts customers before loyal employees.

Put your employees first.

2. Overworked and underpaid

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to list, most of the time the promotions are better than the employee discount and can't be combined .

Cons

Extremely overworked just to be paid minimum wage. Very overwhelming because there is no proper training. The clothes are constantly changing so it is hard to ever know your inventory and also because the store is so big. Forced to harass every single customer that walks through the door while more than half of the time the customer doesnt even want your help. You are also forced to memorize the promotions of the day and tell the customer about all of them as they're walking away from you, uninterested. Closing is the worst, you have one hour to fold everything in the entire store by yourself on top of taking out the trash, putting holds/damages in the back, putting sensors back, putting hangers back. There is not enough time , and they also want it done PERFECTLY neat. Its miserable and impossible ! Just another big corporation working their employees like dogs while they make millions.
    I thought I would love this job because I liked shopping there. NO!

Pay what the job is worth. It's worth at least $15 an hour. PROPERLY TRAIN. Also, don't force your employees to harass every customer. Though even with all of that, this job still is miserable.

3. assciate

I worked at Express

Pros

none none none none no pros

Cons

profile everyone who comes in

5. Horrible

I worked at Express

Pros

You get to know the upcoming lines ahead of time.

Cons

Unorganized, the store was always a mess, the manager would never listen when it came to scheduling.

Get better, more organized, people into upper management.

6. Too bossy

I worked at Express

Pros

The discounts were good, but I ended up spending majority of my pay checks (which were small because they pay minimum wage) on clothes!

Cons

The femal managers were too bossy, and the males were very catty. Workers were always trash talking customers on the head sets.

7. TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!!

Current Employee - Express Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Express Sales Associate

I have been working at Express part-time

Pros

You can look nice while working. Easy job. That is really the only good things I could think of. Its a really bad not well thought out company.

Cons

The company doesn't care about its employees, crap pay unless you're a manager, managers dont seem to want to be on the floor,but mainly in their back room. The company is not at all consistent. The environment is very catty and drama is high. Basically don't work here, unless you like to be treated badly and get paid nothing.

Be personal with your employees, be on the floor more. Dont treat your employees like a number.

worst job I have had

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Evansville, IN

I worked at Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

the best thing about my job was making new friends and helping people be more fashionable. that's honestly the only good thing about it.

Cons

I was never really trained on what to do, my managers really didn't care if we worked or not as long as we showed up.

Management team: train your staff more, be nice to them and don't flirt with them. Be leaders and run the show don't let the show run you

not worth it

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, recognition, I really don't see anything else that's good

Cons

Play favorites
    Pay only $9/hr NO COMISSION
    managers constantly on you to bother customers & push them to buy. yes you are the annoying sales person.
    No one can use your discount not even your mother. Only 30% things are still pricey & when they don't make plan they want you to buy stuff
    Take forever to get a promotion
    TAKE FOREVER TO GIVE U A RAISE
    It is always SLOW & they still push u to make people buy
    Shouting out promos like a maniac to all customers coming in & stating the obvious when there are signs everywhere

Stop being on the associates back to make sales
    Stop putting associates down when u don't meet goals
    Stop playing favorites

It needs work

I worked at Express

Pros

pretty much the only great thing about this place is the discount

Cons

Long hours
    Throw everything on the closing shift
    take credit for other peoples work
    rude coworkers
    shove rules and numbers down your throat

learn that only one person can do so much. Also actually do your job instead of taking credit for everyone else's hard work.

HORRIBLE work experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Stamford, CT

I worked at Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are none i'm just trying to fulfull the 20 word minimum. I can't even say the 30% discount was a pro because that didnt make the clothes any less ugly and overpriced and it still didn't change the fact that I was making minimum wage and getting like no hours and could barely afford to eat.

Cons

Everything.
    First of all, the management and company policies were horrible.
    1. my training sessions were completely insufficient and I was NEVER trained to use the register
    2. There would be days where I was running the entire fronts of the store (men and women) alone, while simultaneiously having to be on every customers back and trying to force them to buy something (NEWSFLASH: if someone wanted help they would come to ME!!!!!!!!!)
    3. Whenever I would ask a question, my superiors always made me feel as if I was stupid for asking and that me asking a simple question was a huge burden on them.
    4. I always felt like a 4 year old while working there, I would always catch any one of my managers eying me from somewhere else in the store to make sure I was doing everything I was supposed to.
    5. When you give me a 2-6 shift, i do not expect to be leaving at 7 if i am not going to be paid overtime. I had a 40 minute commute and other priorities in the day seeing as I'm a college student.
    I could go on but that would take forever. I never write reviews for anything but I hated this job so much I felt compelled to. I worked from the end of October 2014 to the end of December..right before christmas eve. Yeah, I only worked two months and here's the best thing about it all (sarcasm) I was never fired...nor did I quit. I just have not recieved any hours in about a month. I've never heard of anything so unprofessional in my life. Do not work for this company. Do not work for this company. Do not work for this company.

Just change everything you're doing.

Express Photos