Express Scripts

Express Scripts Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Express Scripts Chairman & Chief Executive Officer George Paz

George Paz

Pros
  • Benefits are good and depending on your position you can work from home(in 43 reviews)

• Good benefits, instant vesting of company share of 401k match(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Everyone is miserable at this point with the biggest issue being work/life balance(in 73 reviews)

• There is absolutely no work/life balance because they think that your job should be your(in 24 reviews)

ProsGood Benefits and talented staff

ConsLack of Work and Life Balance

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Pressure, politics, stress... Oh my!

Director, Account Management (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThey pay decent, good bonus

ConsHigh stress, highly competitive environment, no appreciation for work life balance, year end performance reviews are cut throat. even if you are a high performer employees are force ranked into threshold, target and stretch ratings. So what that means is if everyone performs the same someone is still forced into threshold which means no bonus. So it basically comes down to who sucks up the most.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward for hard work, appreciate your people

Tolerable for a short time

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe pay is okay and ETO is easily obtained. The team I worked with was great and the people understood the difficulty it is working with the business side.

ConsDealing with incompetent Account Managers and other individuals on the business side. Being replaced my H1B who have zero skill sets. Upper management completely detached from the teams/department that are suppose to be over.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire 80% of management and get people that will actually put in effort to get to know their teams. Learn what daily annoyances each team has to deal with and how to resolve them to make processes flow more smoothly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Crazy amounts of bureaucracy and jumping through hoops just to jump through hoops until the next reorg.

ProsCoworkers are great, some managers are good, pay and benefits are top notch.

ConsGetting anything done without a committee
    Getting anything done collaboratively (i.e. committees don't count)
    personal growth, manager feedback, visibility, stability, encouragement, personal empowerment

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees to act, give them time and budget and flexibility. Your need to quantify every little thing and then ignore the (mostly faked) data anyway doesn't do anyone any good. Time Sheets should only matter for government and billed projects, for everything else it's a waste of time.

horrible company to work for

ProsBenefits are good, health, paid time off,401k with company match

ConsManagement is horrible they are unwilling to help they act like they care but don't. There are guidelines in place that are almost impossible to meet if you care about the patient. This company doesn't care anything about the patient all they care about is the money. If you are someone who genuinely care about patients and want to help this is not the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry sitting in our seat for a week or two with the rules you have and see how well you like it.

Process, Process, Process

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsYou learn a lot, of course through your own ability. You may get training, but its mostly a hands on job. They offer benefits and tuition reimbursement.

ConsProcesses are terrible, and some just seem to be a waste of time. They expect workers to do more work and learn other processes with no additional pay. They expect more productivity out of workers with no incentive to do so, other than holding on to the position you have. The companies actions give employees the impression that they are expendable. I have seen lots of talent just leave, and they don't utilize the talent they have.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop managing from top down and build better processes by including the people that are working closest to the processes.

Communication is the key!

ProsThe people are good to work with

ConsLittle to no growth opportunities, money seems to be the main objective

Sr Customer Service Rep.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo weekends, pay was pretty good

ConsCompany values, buying out good companies and ruining their names

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany had no shame in buying out companies then laying off most of the staff or closing all together. They loose a lot of good talent when they do this but could care less.

Director at Express Scripts

Director (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsTo some extent, Express Scripts is a "meritocracy," work hard, get promoted. ALL the offices are the same size and there are no assigned parking spaces, no matter what level. This may seem petty, but its an important aspect of the culture. Bonuses can be lucrative based on company performance.

ConsExpress Scripts is a very political place to work. At a certain level, employees spend a significant amount of time managing PERCEPTIONS of themselves and their performance, as opposed to their actual performance and outcomes.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership should consider the effects of the performance evaluation system, especially the impact is has on the achievement of "real work."

Prior Authorization Representative

ProsLots of Hours
    Decent Pay

ConsHorrible training
    No work-life balance

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!