Express Scripts

Updated May 24, 2014

Express Scripts Chairman & Chief Executive Officer George Paz

George Paz

41 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Could be a great place to work, if your not in IT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsPay was ok, benefits average.No real on the job training. Since ESI bought out Medco, and adopted Medco's IT platform everything is done in India. Just enough IT done here to satisfy the ONshore laws concerning DOD.

ConsNo work lifer balance. In my department, call in sick and you are asked to work from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some US Employees

Corporate job where you are a number and part of a big machine

Resolution Team Lead / ASC (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsJob Stability as long as you meet call metrics if in call center and meet unrealistic goals. Company is not going anywhere.

Good Benefits, 401k match, employee stock programs

ConsManagement has no idea what you do. They only are about saving a dime not about what is practical and realistic. Job itself I can relate to PSD (Post traumatic stress disorder). I have seen this company change people for the worse and destroy who they once were. When I left it took me 2 years to un-program what the company did to my mind and well being. I worked for the company for over 9 years and I am still not the person I was before I worked for ESI.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to put themselves in the shoes of their employees and understand what they face on a day to day basis. When the economy was failing express scripts who whose says they are committed to people laid off hundreds of people and sent those jobs to Manilla, Philippines. I was stunned that a company that was thriving was more concerned about making more money (when they were already #1 PBM in the industry) by sending jobs to another country to save more money. If was ashamed of where I worked at that moment.

IT Engineer

IT Engineer (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsEnvironment was flexible and i could work at home if needed. Employee/co-workers were all top rate individuals.

ConsCompany wasn't opposed to laying off quality employees. They would call workers when the were on vacation. They would take away vacation at the last minute. They always asked last minute for people to work a weekend and people were frowned upon if they did not volunteer.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider work / life balance more.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A total graveyard. Stay away.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsGreat colleagues who support each other.

ConsThis is the worst work culture I have witnessed in any corporation in the past 25 years.
    The Bloomington MN office is a meat grinder and everybody is expected to work through their vacation time. Allocation of projects is ridiculous. Some folks have up to 5 projects. Managers/supervisors typically yell at people and overall there has been a culture of management by fear.
    Government Programs - Claims is internally referred to as a graveyard. Enough said.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is unsustainable. You are running out of quality people that are willing to do work with you. Stop the toxic practices and hire authentic leadership.

Terrible company

Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsThe benefits and 401k match were very good.

Conseverything besides benefits, horrible starting pay, low raises, treated like a slave, do not care about helping customers and only care about making sure Average Handle Time is low. Getting belittled by customers because company is inept.

No Defined Goals

Associate IT Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsGreat work environment. Pretty good benefits.

ConsConstant change in goals. No root cause fixes implemented. Always revisiting reoccurring issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees to resolve reoccurring problems.

Expess Scripts ??

Bloomington, MN

ProsPay is good, Benefits are average. Not bad for a dead end job.

ConsCompany does not believe in training its employees,at least at my level. I have worked for some large companies (CDC, Accenture, Carlson companies), they all have offered training opportunities, be it seminar's, external vendor training. Not so in my section of ESI IT. Staffing is a joke, when sick, you are expected to work from home. Want a day off, one of your coworkers has to pick up your shift, resulting in a several 14 day weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some staff and offer the training

Good benefits and opportunities but not a great work/life balance.

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsGood benefits and good salary.

ConsUsually behind in technology, some departments don't support training as much as they should.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe much more focused on quality of software projects and less on hitting tight timelines and buying companies.

Revolving Door

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsInteresting work and dynamic environment.

ConsConsistently long hours and abusive leadership.

This is the Walmart of PBMs.

Client Benefit Analyst (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsGood co-workers that are motivated with advancement opportunity..

ConsCompany lacks direction and is in way over it's head for this merger with MedCo. Express Way or the Highway mentality isn't going to work.. Was waiting for all our jobs to go overseas and then have them hire back the Americans for less money...

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the employees that show leadership and make others better people... Pay scale is way off of what reality dictates us in the REAL World. ***Lack of communication is killing this company and will kill it, unless new management prevails.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!

Express Scripts – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​You Belong Here​​​​​​ ​​​​​If you value work that offers meaning and want your career to make a difference in peoples’ lives, you belong at Express Scripts. We have the talent, resources and ability to lower… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Express Scripts reviews and ratings in Minnesota — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Express Scripts CEO George Paz. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Express Scripts employees.