Express Scripts

Express Scripts Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

2.1

Express Scripts Chairman & Chief Executive Officer George Paz
George Paz

Pros
  • Benefits are good and depending on your position you can work from home (in 49 reviews)

• Good benefits, instant vesting of company share of 401k match (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • This place has no concern for work/life balance although that's what they preach (in 92 reviews)

• There is no work-life balance for anyone, even for direct supervisors (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The Jury is still out

Current Employee - St Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - St Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

ESI management is very unqualified..MSH management will be called upon to make the big decisions..PTO time is generous.

Cons

Very long hours. There is no balance vs. company and home life. Too many egos in upper management to make it a cohesive environment.

Listen to the people that are doing the work.....Don't sit back and wait to "scream" at someone.

I feel sorry for the patients

Current Employee - IT Support in North Versailles, PA
    Current Employee - IT Support in North Versailles, PA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, decent pay till wage freeze

Cons

This company does not care about the patients at all. We used to go above and beyond to get the pt there medication. Not any more. If u can't reach md we cancel the order. Or as we're told "kill it". All express cares about is the stupid boards. Ask the people who do the job instead of dictating.

Listen to what the people doing the job are telling you.

worst company i have EVER worked for in the many years that i have been working.....if you are thinking of applying.run

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Versailles, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Versailles, PA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

other than in the general area of where i live, nothing.......medco employees are the best thing this comany has going for them.....

Cons

trying to run a pharmacy like an assembly line does not cut it..these are people's lives we are dealing about. they do not care about the customers, just meeting numbers, that's all that is important to them....loosing experienced and talented employees daily who ethically can not work like this......would never recommend this company to anyone!!!! horrible

wake up......stop making "rules" and metrics that can not be reached and realize that these employees have been doing this job for many years without your "run the business boards" and all the other nonsense that is in place.......like robots who do not listen to anything you try to address......engineers trying to run a pharmacy......ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Working at express scripts for over a year, legacy medco employee for 10 years

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Still have a job. Good 401k plan.

Cons

Pay freeze. Insurance premiums increased with higher deductible. You are expected to output over 100 scripts an hour or be put on a probation program. Quality is suffering, which hurts the patients. Stress is very high. Getting to the point where I don't want to go to work. We also had a new hire group start with 20 people, we have 5 left that made it. I read that Express is planning on hiring 1,500 people for their St Louis plant. They better hire 5,000 people to start, maybe by the end of probation they will have the 1,500 people they claim to be looking to hire. Be ready to work like crazy for a sub-par paycheck.

Get realistic expectations. We are human beings, not machines. We helped you get that huge bonus, now take care of the little guy and give us a piece of the pie too.

manipulative horrendous unconscionable place to work

Current Employee - Calling Tech in North Versailles, PA
    Current Employee - Calling Tech in North Versailles, PA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

2 breaks and a lunch I worked for FlexRX. then Merk bought us out then medco came on board then it was just Medco.everything was good.

Cons

the merger with express scripts has been extremely stressfull for all involved.We have seen some nice people loose their jobs.Supervisers pharmacists and techs gone.George Paz has no idea how to run a pharmacy he's just a business man who's only concern is how much money he can stuff in his pocket.The CEO has fired $1million in people at the north versailles Pa facility then hired 2 schmoes to run the facility like its a production line.Numbers are the bottom line.How many you do in an hour. When calling adoctor or patient every call is scrutinized.Every word and pause and breath is scrutinized .We actually get REPORT CARDS on our calls.Points taken off if we paused too long or short. And now these schmoes they hired have RUN THE BUSINESS BOARDS which have turned out to be the biggest joke on the face of this earth. The moral at this facility is at below rock bottom.I don't believe there is one happy employee except the 2 schmoes they hired to RUN THE BUSINESS .

Stop manipulating the employees it bad for moral. We are not stupid we know when you are manipulating . Learn how to RUN A PHARMACY one that cares about its customers and employees. you should be concerned about the moral your employees are having stress health issues. Change your ways of doing business you are not helping your customers or employees. If you continue this way you will continue to lose business .

Modern day sweat shop

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay put in place by Medco with backing of union,Medco union contract with raises,bonuses,and ample time off. Job was good before merger with esi.

Cons

Everything esi. HORRIBLE management by the esi team. Realigned shifts with no regard to people's family lives. No compassion. Unreachable goals set to push employees to complete 100+ Rxs an hr with less than 3 errors a week, 8-10 hrs a day 5 days a week extremely unhappy employees . Miserable work environment. Only reason to stay is its hard to find jobs in this economy, anti anxiety meds to get you thru work week . Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Treat us like adults, not children. As far as the CEO and upper management , remember there are people working for you, not robots. People have families ,treat them as you want to be treated, sadly we are just a number to you.