Express Scripts Reviews

Reset
2.3
Express Scripts Chairman & Chief Executive Officer George Paz
George Paz

Pros
  • Work from home sometimes is good (in 49 reviews)

• The pros is that it has good benefits and there is some flexibility in start times depending on where you work (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • ZERO work/life balance - if you mention the term " (in 92 reviews)

• There is no work-life balance for anyone, even for direct supervisors (in 29 reviews)

1,128 Employee Reviews

1. Great job

I worked at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

Good pay, double time and a half during high volume, good benefits, great management-employee relationship. I had no problem communicating with my supervisor, trainer, manager, human resources, etc. Cafeteria had Starbucks coffee, opportunity for advancement. My schedule was perfect, 11AM-8:30PM M-F, paid holidays. You had to choose what you wanted your schedule to be, greatest to least. People who had worked there longer had first choices.

Cons

When I worked there, they changed it to where you were either on calls for most or half the shift, or on faxes. I was easily bored as I was assigned to be on calls most of my shifts unless my supervisor allowed me to switch to faxes. Call volume was low a lot of the time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

Good Bad and Ugly

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mason, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly flexible when it comes to pre-planning time off, plenty of support for work questions, those who struggle to meet their rates have plenty of access to guidance and tips to help them improve, the health care benefits are really good, the raises are pretty decent and yearly

Cons

those who want to move up and become leaders seem to the ones that are "in" with those that are already leaders, too much popularity contest nonsense, too much office drama or office politics, too many stand up meetings (daily meetings for everyone), too much pressure to meet rates and not enough praise for QUALITY - they "say" quality is most important and then give better raises to those who produce the most volume instead. Lots of lies being told by leaders - too much gossip and two-faced behavior

Advice to Management

be honest with everyone about everything at all times, do not gossip, if someone comes to you with a problem in confidence do not share with team leads or anyone else, be professional!

Listens to feedback

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I think Express Scripts understands it has work to do to get better.

Cons

Pay for performance not rewarded with calibrations. You're compared to folks who do not do the same work necessarily.

Advice to Management

Get rid of calibrations. Allow more face to face meetings. Visit each site more and conduct town halls and focus groups.

5. Could've been better

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay to begin with and bonuses are possible. Discount on health benefits for nonsmokers. Overtime available when it's offered. Relaxed dress code.

Cons

Starting out you spend 3-4 weeks in basic training. Learning the history of Express Scripts and basic customer service training. When training is over they pull names out of a hat to determine who goes where. Once on your new team you may be placed with different people who may or may not follow procedure and you're expected to learn from them. You're taught in training about ethics of the company and how the patients and clients are #1 but there are just too many questionable moments that feel like that's not what's really important. There are Supervisors in position who don't seem to know much and can't really assist you properly. Some Team Leaders are more personable and easier to work with than Supervisors. There's no consistency with leadership. The gossiping & cliques among leadership and employees is ridiculous. There are contracted employees who make more money & survive layoffs while permanent employees are kicked to the side. Most team meetings were held for the Supervisor to rant & rave about the negative while positive acknowledgment was null & void. Being an "All In" employee didn't seem to get me very far.

Advice to Management

Lead by example, show employees you care about them. Show that you care for the patients. Training needs to be changed to tailor each department. You're wasting time and money with your current training style.

Reimbursement specialist

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, great supervisors, tuition reimbursement, 401 k match, discounts for working with Express Scripts

Cons

Some of the rules are simply not right. You earn pto as you wish, however, when you use if for sick time, you are pointed. Too many points gets you released from your job

staff pharmacist

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist
    Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist

I worked at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

they have the best technology in the mail order pharmacy business

Cons

they don't value their employees talent....too much rate pushing ...

Advice to Management

care more for your employees

Overall good.

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern you get the opportunity to work on real projects that are actually meaningful. Do not expect many fluff assignments.

Cons

You won't have as much free time as other jobs. Be prepared to think about work all the time. Even on the weekends work will be on your mind.

Good, not Great

Former Employee - Clinician in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Clinician in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Express Scripts (More than 8 years)

Pros

They do allow virtual offices, which is a plus for someone who doesn't like office living. ESI does not require a lot of travel, unless you're client facing. In that case, travel may be anywhere from 10-30% depending upon the client.

Cons

It's a club - and you're either in it, or not. Over the years, I have found that the opportunities are good, but not always accessible to everyone. Management tended to keep those close to them that were friends - others were hard pressed to find a true direction. I enjoyed my time at ESI tremendously - but all I can say is that CYA is the mantra.

Advice to Management

Take away the horrific peer reviews and put in true reviews - get rid of the bell curve - get rid of the idea that the company is a team until bonus time. Find ways to allow people to thrive instead of living in a fishbowl of tension.

10. No compliant

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

Good company to learn about mail order pharmacy business.

Cons

None same as any company policy must adhere too

11. Director

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fortune 25 company in St. Louis

Cons

Management has very high expectations

Showing 1,128 of 1,178 reviews