Express Scripts Reviews

Reset
2.6
Express Scripts Chairman & Chief Executive Officer George Paz
George Paz

Pros
  • Work from home sometimes is good (in 49 reviews)

• The pros is that it has good benefits and there is some flexibility in start times depending on where you work (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • ZERO work/life balance - if you mention the term " (in 92 reviews)

• There is no work-life balance for anyone, even for direct supervisors (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Senior Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The flexibility for all Express Scripts employees is great. Career advancement opportunities are plentiful. The paid-time-off package is second to none.

Cons

Most people who do not enjoy working for Express Scripts site workload as their complaints. Express Scripts is a demanding fast-paced place to work. That is not a negative trait.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent on morale boosting initiatives. Follow through on promises to improve the environment.

2. Sr. Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Talented individuals, impressive transformational focus on strategic plans and truly passionate about building a best in class culture. Exceptional communication techniques in place that provide meaningful information as well as being motivational.

Cons

Industry complexity that needs to continually be evaluated and streamlined to improve member and employee experience.

3. Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for the area. Advancement opportunity. Great coworkers. Upper management at this location are all awesome. I would def. recommend.

Cons

The training could use some tweaking. Need to hire reps more often to reduce call volume. The food in the cafeteria is a bit pricey.

Advice to Management

There should be more morale boosting activities. You can never have too much morale. Otherwise you guys are doing a great job.

I like it 13 yrs

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

I have been here for 13 yrars and enjoy working her. Sometimes during holidays an be very hectic

Cons

Pay is very low, about 10-20% lower than competition.

Advice to Management

raise your low salaries and get rid of salary caps

fair

Pros

Company worked with you when there were personal issues to take care.

Cons

Lack of communication between company and employee - likes to close centers and do layoffs alot

7. great place to work

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

Great Place to work and very rewarding employment . great facilities and amazing staff. imwould really recommend this job to anyone who wants a great place to work

Cons

curently i do not have any cons abiut express scripts or my time that was spent employed by express scripts

Advice to Management

currently I do not have any advice to management or any cons that are realted to express scripts or any specific departments

8. Quality Analyst for Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service Quality Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Quality Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This job function works from home which saves money on gas and saves time from the daily commute.

Cons

The bonus program which was paid out based on goals and metrics that were met was more or less cut and replaced with a shopping awards program during the Medco to Express Scripts merger. The new program is not an incentive as not very many awards are given out to employees at this level of the organization.

Amazing CEO and President

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Why should you work there? Check the track record, folks. Add thought leadership, integrity, amazing opportunity If you take charge of your career and what more could you want? Take your dog to work or strong financials? Your choice. I'll take the financials

Cons

Very fast paced. Not for the weak - but for those who like a challenge and to use their brain not a con

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Don't listen to the senseless complainers but it's clear improvements can and will happen now that integration is complete

salary

Pros

I always wanted to work from home.

Cons

not too many shifts to choose from.

Opportunities to Make Your Mark

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started at Express Scripts as an intern 8 years ago. I graduated during the Great Recession, and my boss from my internship made sure to find a place for me to begin my career. Once I landed a full time job, I soon began to explore how I could combine my passion of service and desire to lead. I spoke to HR and was able to create my own service group that gave back to the local community and gave me experience in leading a team to prepare me for my hopeful future of one day being a people leader. I have since evolved this group to expand its focus on professional growth and networking, and Express Scripts has added this to his Employee Resource Group offering. My leaders have always been supportive of my extracurricular work and see it has a competitive edge. Express Scripts has an entrepreneurial spirit and challenges all employees to come up with ideas that will continue to push the company to excellence. INCUB8, the Shark Tank of Express Scripts, was an awesome competition that allowed employees to pitch their ideas to senior leaders and have the opportunity for their idea to be chosen to be funded and receive a monetary reward.

Cons

Depending on your department work/life balance can be difficult to attain at times. I find that being honest with myself and my leaders combined with working smarter has helped me to keep a health work life balance. I also think that with having a workforce that is 70% female we should have a more robust maternity policy allowing new mothers to have full pay for the 12 weeks of leave.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees as you have for the past couple of years. I think we are on the right track but have more areas of improvement. Investing in employees can provide a high ROI. Let's look at providing more growth opportunities and training for high performing employees.

Showing 760 of 1,299 reviews