Express Scripts

Express Scripts Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Express Scripts Chairman & Chief Executive Officer George Paz

George Paz

Pros
  • Benefits are good and depending on your position you can work from home (in 43 reviews)

• Good benefits, instant vesting of company share of 401k match (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • This place has no concern for work/life balance although that's what they preach (in 76 reviews)

• There is absolutely no work/life balance because they think that your job should be your (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

Management with no clue

Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

Prosgreat co-worker but company still have a long way to go.Hire the right people and not because you know the.

ConsManagement out of touch.They having people who are great Individual contributors as Manager.

Hostile work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some great people who really care about the patients there.

The facilities team cares about the building.

ConsYou are threatened if you do not follow unethical rules.

Calls to anonymous "compliance hotline" end up with you being retaliated against.

You will be told you are not educated enough to have an opinion if you don't have a Masters degree. I'm not paraphrasing. They will literally tell you that.

Management will make a negative case against you before ever speaking to you. You walk in to any discussion ready to defend any and all of your actions.

Operations Leadership in the call centers are inept.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting Medco run the business. They run based on deceit, low morals, and attacks.

My experience was horrible very stressful woul not recommend this company to anyone.

Claim Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsThere arent any pros to this company.

ConsNot professional never poor msnagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to school very unprofessional

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No appreciation

ProsThere are none at all

ConsNo appreciation, underpaid, over worked. Those are also the same comments i've heard from several other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave better appreciation activities. Maybe a picnic or some sort of event once a year even.

Overall, pathetic.

Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee)

ProsOnly thing that would be remotely close to a pro is that you get paid weekly, and you'll have a 40 hour per week schedule.

ConsBesides the basic devaluing of the employees that are "overpaid" for there services. The constant micromanaging from management, the unwillingness to recognize and provide a safe environment for the employees to work mentally and physically, the harassing tactics that occur when an employee has a complaint about the work environment and/or management, the heavy load of work that is enforcement with no incentive except the basic concept being provided with employment. There are many clients contracted with the company that REQUIRE proper training that is NOT provided by management. When the negative comes back from the client, only the customer service department is reprimanded. There is no work/life balance, there is not one perk, there is no happiness from the existence called working for Express Scripts.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen your employees are not happy (if you care), your members will not be happy. Therefore, your clients will NOT be happy. Continue enforcing the negative towards those who are mainly the backbone of the company, and negative results will ensure. IT IS SIMPLE.

No commitment to training or development

Payor Account Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsHigh Pay, good benefits, major industry

ConsThere is no formal and mostly no informal training program at all for new hires. Come with industry experience or be gone quick.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a commitment to training and your people.

Horrible

Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) Port St Lucie, FL

ProsGuaranteed hours, raise was pretty ok, overtime, lousy pay

ConsNot flexible, management doesn't do anything to help you when you have a problem, everything is based on numbers and stats and if you don't meet those stats you get unnecessary coaching, every excuse they use is " needs of business ". They treat you like children, you're awarded with candy and little toys for doing outstanding work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better and pay more to your call center reps.

I could just scream…...

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Franklin Lakes, NJ

ProsRanked the 2nd worst company to work for, not the 1st.

ConsCEO recently sold a large portion of his stock, he must know something.
    I hate my job, I hate my manager who took a demotion and pay cut to stay (you can't make that up), I hate my co-workers who now I have to compete against (just try to ask me a question and get a correct answer).

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at yourself in the mirror and ask; "Am I company stooge?".

Production is the main and only parameter that matters.

Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsAble to listen to music or audio books through head phones while working. Loose dress code policy.

ConsProduction and efficiencies are more important than customer service and patient safety. Too many procedural changes taking place too quickly by people unaware of the negative and chaotic consequences.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with a little dignity as individuals, not just a number to be easily replaced. Adopt a management philosophy to run the business as a pharmacy, not as a production line. Seriously address and take steps to improve employee satisfaction from a company that consistently ranks among the worst companies to work for.

The beginning was great, until profit, Wall Street and mergers were all ESI cared about.

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThere are a lot of very smart and educated people at ESI who want to work together and make a difference.

ConsOnce management changed, the expectation was that management required you to work around the clock. You weren't allowed to voice your opinion or collaborate any longer. Management really just cared about the bottom line. Even after an employee survey, they pretended to care because the survey showed what everyone though, however, that didn't last long. The focus was no longer about collaborating and working together to help our clients. It was all about how much money we could show to Wall Street and because ESI was the biggest, they didn't care anymore about losing clients and doing the right thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees on the front lines day after day. Fix the call centers, home delivery, these are the main issues clients had with ESI and they are consistently bad. Get rid of off-shoring and go back to the basics of delivery great service.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!