Express Scripts

Updated December 21, 2014
2.2

Express Scripts Chairman & Chief Executive Officer George Paz
George Paz

Pros
  • Benefits are good and depending on your position you can work from home (in 49 reviews)

• Good benefits, instant vesting of company share of 401k match (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • This place has no concern for work/life balance although that's what they preach (in 92 reviews)

• There is no work-life balance for anyone, even for direct supervisors (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Work conditions

Current Employee - Customer Relations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Relations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Express Scripts

Pros

Started off okay at beginning of merger from Medco. We got to keep most of our initial benefits for being a union on site

Cons

Attitude changed and they turned against those of us that were former Medco employees. Hated that we had good salaries and alot of room to breath under Medco. They are all about numbers and money. Could care less about customer relations

Need to be human and emphathetic

Account executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home, good benefits, bonus and stock options

Cons

Low raises, base salary. Employees are never the priority.

Awesome

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Express Scripts

Pros

Great place to work. Flexible, friendly and fantastic benefits

Cons

Not too many negatives working there four years

Being All In is one big joke

I have been working at Express Scripts

Pros

The check clears every week. Good 401k match

Cons

Patients health and safety do not matter it's all about the production numbers. The integration is still nowhere close to be completed in the pharmacies. People are forced to work in the dark with no heat in December. Senior management doesn't care about employees. Despite the ethical objections and addictive nature of gambling, they want you to be "all in" for patients. Well, that is if the patient can be handled in less than 6 minutes- after that they're just wasting resources. Cost of health benefits is through the roof. Outdated system that constantly freezes up. A call center in Manila where English is obviously not spoken well ( hey let's be all in for our elderly patients by forcing them to talk to "Mike" from Manila in broken English)

Show up and talk to the people on the operations side. Actually understand what patient care involves. No one is opposed to being measured but it shouldnt come at the expense of "what's the least I can do to get this person off the phone"

Beware...Nothing in training prepares you... EXpress Scripts is rated the Second WORST company to work for in the USA..

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

Met a few nice co-workers, and a few decent people in lower to middle management, Facility itself is clean and well kept up.

Cons

RIidiculous pressure from low level managers, who are scared to death of their own jobs, Patient Care Advocates are nothing more than assembly line workers, pushing phone calls through as fast as possible with constant threats if you are not meeting the Matrix.
    The poor patients...management cares nothing about truly assisting them, just get them off the phone in less than 6 minutes or you are in trouble...very sad..Many are elderly and need time to be taken with them. "Advocate" is the worst title for the position. Production Phone Call Specialist would be a better title.

Dishonest Team Leaders, and those in management are smug and condescending. The whole "mutual respect", "integrity" philosophy is a joke.
    I have to believe this trend starts WAY at the top, from the CEO down...
    Fortunately, I did not desperately need this job, and simply walked away. As someone with Patient Care in my background, I am still shocked that the consideration for the patient is about the lowest of any concerns with this company.
    It is pathetic, and will take some miraculous intervention to turn around the public and employee perception of this company. Most patients express dissatisfaction, and are only using Express Scripts because they are forced to--many especially are frustrated with the whole mail order aspect... I had many many patients tell me it was fine when Medco ran the business, but they have nothing but problems with Express Scripts. Epic Fail on the merger as far as the public perception goes.
    Most employees I met there immediately started a new job search when they realized how awful the place is.

A company that is not driven by patient safety and quality but rather bottom line results or dollars.

Current Employee - Senior Technician in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Technician in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts

Pros

Schedule and the legacy Medco employees that value quality service to patients and clients

Cons

Too many to list, but mostly the poor labor relations and treatment of employees

Realize we are not a Toyota manufacturing plant and cannot reduce all processes when providing safe pharmacy services

Wow

Former Employee - Senior Data Entry Technician in Troy, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Data Entry Technician in Troy, NY

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

Coworkers,patients, I loved my coworkers, we had fun.some of my supervisors were great.

Cons

Second worst company to work for, open nepotism in hiring management, if you weren't from the city we were located in,or friends or relatives of management no upward mobility for you, no matter what your qualifications or suitability for the job.

Try not to make it so obvious that there is no hope for your mobility if you're not part of the clique and apply,the rules equally. If no raises for low level employees, none for senior management and don't allow people to take collections for leads which force you to contribute or be blacklisted.

This company is very unorganized, unprofessional, and does not care for their employees or clients.

Former Employee - Calling Support Technician in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Calling Support Technician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

the people I worked with at the time I was employed was great and the pay was pretty good then.

Cons

trying to meet their ever changing goals was a challenge. I know company's need to change to grow, but not everyday without notifying you first of the change.

An OK company to work for.

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Advancement is welcomed with this company. There are people there to help you achieve your goal.

Cons

Numbers are a key concern here with this company, whether attendance, or how long on calls. If numbers are not good, you won't last there for too long.

Coach, coach, coach. Everyone has potential, sometimes you have to dig it out of them.

I'm still new but, overall, all is well.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There seems to be a lot of opportunity to grow.

Cons

Although I haven't been here long, I have worked many hours trying to keep up.