Express Scripts

Express Scripts Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Express Scripts Chairman & Chief Executive Officer George Paz

George Paz

Pros
  • Benefits are good and depending on your position you can work from home (in 43 reviews)

• Good benefits, instant vesting of company share of 401k match (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • This place has no concern for work/life balance although that's what they preach (in 76 reviews)

• There is absolutely no work/life balance because they think that your job should be your (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible place to work after buying Medco!

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good and depending on your position you can work from home

ConsWORK LIFE BALANCE! I spent more time working than being with my family, even after hours the expectation was to be available for clients. I was working 70+ hours a week when I left and that was not good enough for management. ESI was a great place to work until they bought Medco- all downhill from there. Management looks for any little thing to mark you threshold and not give you a raise or bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team.... look at workload and treat people fairly. Don't give someone 5+ clients and expect them to do the same as someone with only 1 or 2 clients.

Horrible place to work!!!!!

Anonymous (Current Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsWish I could say decent pay

ConsDirectors can't direct
    Managers can't manage
    Supervisors are clueless
    Team leads are want to be all of the above who are inexperienced, think they know it all and play a key part in keeping this company down.

Supervisors (BB) takes old processes that have been working fine and come up with horrible ideas that drag down a department (bulk an prep) and sends the ripple effect into the warehouse department that results in Mandatory overtime daily and on weekends.

This place sucks! And the ideas of upper management suck along with it.

This place has no concern for work/life balance although that's what they preach. And now, if you have a scheduled PTO on a Monday for an extended weekend and Saturday is mandated you are required to work the Saturday or be punished. That's how the Warehouse works!

Please stay away from this place!!!!!

Advice to Senior Management#2 this year, next year #1

The beginning was great, until profit, Wall Street and mergers were all ESI cared about.

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThere are a lot of very smart and educated people at ESI who want to work together and make a difference.

ConsOnce management changed, the expectation was that management required you to work around the clock. You weren't allowed to voice your opinion or collaborate any longer. Management really just cared about the bottom line. Even after an employee survey, they pretended to care because the survey showed what everyone though, however, that didn't last long. The focus was no longer about collaborating and working together to help our clients. It was all about how much money we could show to Wall Street and because ESI was the biggest, they didn't care anymore about losing clients and doing the right thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees on the front lines day after day. Fix the call centers, home delivery, these are the main issues clients had with ESI and they are consistently bad. Get rid of off-shoring and go back to the basics of delivery great service.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fired because of Jury duty

Senior Intervention Technician (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat Benefits, Large company with ability to transfer.

ConsThis is the epicenter of corporate American politics. Incompetent people are promoted within into management position. Process improvement ideas and initiatives are taken from you and implemented and the creator gets none of the credit they are due. I was fired for for serving jury duty. Expect my lawsuit.

Great benefits, set schedule, difficulty moving up within the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company offers a set schedule, great benefits and the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping a patient obtain their medications. Great for someone in school.

ConsLittle flexibility in schedule unless determined upon hire.

The management that was there when I left was awesome

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Fairfield, OH

ProsThe benefits were very good back then in 2012 and I cannot say enough about the management. Most were very helpful when facing difficulties

ConsYou had to be careful of your associations. I did not like when people talk behind others backs

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be fair to everyone not just the ones who do more productivity.

Working at ESI

Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsWe see benefit that we get since we were Medco as I hired at Medco. Now merged.

ConsPays less then Medco Health

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to build working environment.

Finally recognized for my hard work

DOD/Tricare PR Technician (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat benefits. Affordable health care, great 401k, they pay a lot toward tuition, flexible with schedule, take the initiative to find out why employees are unhappy and works to better the morale

ConsI think they give people too many chances personally. I hate how the harder workers have to pick up the slack of the lazier people. The pay, raises and bonuses could be higher and I could do without the cheesy "freebies" they give out, but I have been treated well and feel valued by my supervisor

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter bonuses and raises for the people who work hardest and deserve it. Quit with the dorky gifts and put the money into the better bonuses. We all know now about the changes and that some people at some sites are being let go, so there is more money in the pot. Time to dish it out to the people that are staying on.

Still gong through merger

Senior Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsThe company has many opportunities to advance. You just have to pay your dues.

ConsDoes not hire as many qualified employees as Medco did.

Company Built on Dissatisfied and Ineffectual Staff

Pros-Very Casual Environment
    -Flexible schedule
    -Seen minimal improvement in the last 2 months

Cons-Lack of leadership
    -Extremely high turn over
    -Menial compensation
    -Few Check and Balances

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale is very low. Stop bringing in contingent workers, and start appeasing skilled staff. I have seen so many assets (yes, people are assets) leave because they could do the same job with a competitor, with way more perks. Between 20%-35% more pay and much better benefits. I can’t believe the workload is much higher, because the Express Scripts expectations are beyond ludicrous. Keep on this track and you will fall to the powerhouse that is Caremark!

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!