ExpressJet Airlines

Updated January 16, 2015
Updated January 16, 2015

ExpressJet Airlines President & COO Brad Holt
Brad Holt

Pros
  • decent flight benefits, not the best by far but not the worst either (in 23 reviews)

• Travel Benefits, Unlimited Overtime; Paid Training if you are a Crew Scheduler (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is low compared to other airlines (in 7 reviews)

• Not a 'typical' flight attendant position, when you think of what a (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Alot of employees solidarity...Great management if you do your job, very good work environment.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at ExpressJet Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent overnights, good quality hotels, maximum of five possibly six legs in a day...normally between three and four. Exotic destinations have great hotels. Working byyourself.

Cons

Sometimes have short overnights and reserve life, is reserve life...it is what you make it!

For me they have worked very well with whatever information I have brought to the table, and have been very supportive in general...if you treat management like they're not human beings...you will be treated negatively, but if you are a decent person, do your job and you're honest with management, they will back you up as best as they can.

Great regional airline to work for

I have been working at ExpressJet Airlines

Pros

Highest paid compared to other regional airlines. Very easy training. Great people to work with. Travel around the world.

Cons

Only one flight attendant in the cabin on the ERJ 145. Not a job for someone with a family and kids at home. The reserve contract is hard to work with.

Negotiate a better contract to suit both parties (management, scheduling, planning, flight attendants). Make it easier for reserves to have more freedom picking up trips and switching them with another flight attendant who is willing to take it.

I have been working here for many years and it's only getting worst

I have been working at ExpressJet Airlines

Pros

Flight benefits and Their not that great

Cons

Working lots of hours for little pay

Have some respect for employees

Good company

Former Employee - Ramp/Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Ramp/Sales Agent

I worked at ExpressJet Airlines part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company was great, and the team we had made it even better. I worked right at a year with express jet until United sold our station to the lowest bidder which was American, then it went downhill from there.

Cons

Seniority is awful, unless of course you are at the top!

Fa

I worked at ExpressJet Airlines

Pros

Friendly people and they have good benefits,

Cons

To many consecutive work days 6 in a row

Only 4 days in a row

BTR not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at ExpressJet Airlines (more than 3 years)

Pros

Baton Rouge is a great place to work. The individual that made the comment about Baton Rouge management is obviously disgruntled. The Base Manager is very personable, flexible and fair. My coworkers just don't know how good they have it here sometimes. I've worked in some crappy places and know what real bad management is like.

Cons

Uncertainties with the future. People are leaving and management isn't backfilling the spots.

Slave Labor

I worked at ExpressJet Airlines

Pros

I loved working in aviation/for the airlines/flight operations.
    Flight benefits are awesome.

Cons

The workload is too much for everyone in the company it seemed, they bleed you dry.

Raise the bar, work environment was chaotic, very un-managed.

Hopefully the New CEO will turn around the moral in Inflight.....

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ExpressJet Airlines full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flight Benefits w/ American, United and Delta (American- only if you fly directly for AE)
    Easy Hiring Process
    Obtain Experience for other Major Airlines
    We don't share hotel rooms on overnights
    Some FUN overnights

Cons

Management does not value it's employees or our negotiated contract
    Training WAS horrible, but has gotten better w/ new staffing and revamped curriculum
    Reserve Sucks, you will have NO personal life
    Commuting Policy needs updating
    Low Pay for Too much work
    Quick to discipline good flight attendants, while the bad ones continue to operate with immunity
    Crew Scheduling appeared to HATE the flight crews (in the past), were verbally abusive, would hang up after a long hold time, and overall just a pain, but things have improved within the last year
    No Hold Pay for tarmac delays, No trip cancellation pay for Reserves
    The Union at International level only cares about recruiting Delta FA's, not the FA's at the companies it already represents
    District level union Reps are "too busy" (their words) recruiting Delta FA's to handle your grievances, doesn't return phone calls, emails, texts, etc. from the membership (FA's)
    Crews are punished based upon passenger complaint letters and bad passenger behavior is rewarded
    Did I mention the Low Wages
    Lots of Legs (trips) with Short Overnights (minimum rest)

Compensate your employees fairly, instead of wasting millions of dollars on poor advertising, "corporate training" meetings/retreats, upper level management bonuses and paying companies to research new company names like "Sure Jet"
    Recognize that some of the leaders in upper management are the cause of low-moral, and remove them
    Recognize the good employees, and the bad, and react accordingly...good FA's make mistakes, recognize a mistake from consistently bad behavior or poor performance
    Value your employees FIRST, recognize that the customer is NOT ALWAYS Right----Most of the time, they are usually wrong, but if we consistently reward bad behavior with SkyMiles Points or Delta Credit, they will continue to behave poorly and place others at risk while continuing to make our duties harder
    Negotiate a FAIR contract.....you can move or crosstrain others to work in different departments in a pinch, EXCEPT Flight Crews------without us, there would be NO airline! Recognize THAT!!!
    Hopefully the NEW CEO will hear our issues and work to resolve them in a fair and equitable way for us all
    Thumbs down for old CEO, Neutral for New CEO (less than a year in position)

Good people, just no real management at Baton Rouge

I have been working at ExpressJet Airlines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learn the job after school

Cons

Stagnant movement, and no praise for good job, just beat down anyway you go.

An ok job if your fine with being over worked and under paid. Smaller airline so the flying benefits aren't that great.

I worked at ExpressJet Airlines

Pros

. Flying benefits
    . Nice hotels during layovers
    . opportunities to move in other areas of the company

Cons

once training over your are thrown into the world of fighting with no chance to go home recoup or really even make reservations for where your going to stay on base. Training was rushed; it was suppose to be 4wks but lasted 3. Union creates a disconnect with the company. Crew Scheduling will try to post illegal trips on your schedule if you allow them. depending on the base holding a line can take up to 5 years.

ExpressJet Airlines Photos