Extended Stay America Reviews

Reset
2.0
Jim Donald
1 Rating

Pros
  • 7 free nights a year at any hotel more than 50 miles away from were you work (in 6 reviews)

• Pay is decent but not stellar, the experience truly hinges on the upper management you get dealt (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This company is headed for disaster if they don't get some upper management with common sence in there (in 16 reviews)

• Luckily when i started as a front desk (guest service rep) i got (in 13 reviews)

Life balance. "Zero"

Current Employee - Hotel General Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Hotel General Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Extended Stay America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Grow faster than typical company

Cons

Just responsibilities grow not the pay. No life balance, amount of hours you have to put in to run the hotel is ridiculous. Everything is you, "one man operation"

Advice to Management

Treat employees fair, stop giving false promises and false hope.

2. Could Be Better

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Extended Stay America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There isn't a single day that is the same. There are many days to where I just look forward to going to work. I absolutely love my job. The general manager at my particular location is absolutely wonderful, always makes sure his employees are taken care of.

Cons

Always running out of things that are offered to the guests; pans, pots, towels, etc.

Advice to Management

Management is friendly to employees to their faces and then talks about their shortcoming to other employees. Management does not mention any issues to the employees but simply puts it in their evaluation. How can the workers fix what they don't even know they're messing up on? There needs to be better communication between GMs and AMs and GSRs

RSS Feed </> Embed