Extension Healthcare Reviews

4.0
Todd Plesko

1. Great Place To Work

I have been working at Extension Healthcare

Pros

Growing company that won the Mira 2015 IT Tech Company Award. It's not just an IT Software Company... our healthcare application helps save lives. Management is passionate about the company's purpose. Great benefits for a small employer and likely above average for a company of this size. Very casual dress code for those who find this to be a perk. Culture supports employees working from home and staff have flexibility to adjust their working schedule so they can take care of personal matters as needed.

Cons

The 401K plan doesn't currently have an Employer Match.

2. Extremely challenging and rewarding company

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time

Pros

As for pros - the ability to be a part of something that is actually making a difference is a huge pro. The ability to grow professionally as well as technically is another huge pro. Since the company has been growing at a break-neck pace, to see how a group of people can go from nothing to this is the biggest pro of all.

Cons

Don't really have any cons. If you are a hard worker and enjoy a challenging environment, then Extension is an incredible opportunity. If you are someone that is just after a job/paycheck, then will have a hard time, and is definitely not the place for you.

3. Extension Healthcare

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Extension Healthcare

Pros

Everyone takes pride in the effort to save lives and utilizing technology. With this in mind and a management staff that always aims for the top, you are immersed in a team with great synergy.

Cons

This is a rare thing for me to say, but none come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep it up

5. Extension Healthcare is an exceptional company

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for Extension Healthcare for 10 months and I love working for this company! The environment and the people here make you really enjoy your job. This company is after improving patient safety, which provides for very meaningful and important work. The leaders here really care about company members and go out of their way to help in whatever ways they can. This company strives towards efficiency and excellence, which are key factors for success. Efforts are made to help grow employees to become more and more knowledgeable and skillful, not suppress employees with stressful burdens and expectations they cannot live up to. If you're a motivated person interested in having a meaningful job, Extension Healthcare will impress you.

Cons

I'm a very critical person but I have no real "Cons" that I can find to list for this company. Extension Healthcare is a young company, growing fast and working hard to set up all departments to run smoothly. This may seem like a "Con" but when you realize how young this company is and how hard-working its members are to make it successful, you realize how much it is advancing at an impressive speed, and will continue to do so.

6. Excellent technology, great heart, awesome sales culture and tremendous potential

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sales culture is the best I've been a part of. It reminds me of the mid-90's and start of the internet or the late 80's and the start of the PC boom. As we know a great culture with a superb strategy is unstoppable. This company will make it big. There is nothing like this data aggregation engine solution in the market so this technology has endless possibilities making it very exciting. If you want to be challenged to grow, this is your place. Bring your a-game!

Cons

We are growing very fast in an industry that is changing by the day. This gig is not for the faint of heart. Because of the complexity and potential of the solution, it can cause some to struggle with keeping up with the ever changing potential. If you want to be challenged to grow as a person, this is the place. Bring your a-game!

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the culture going and stay flexible. The speed at which change is occurring is lightning fast so we need to keep culture+flexibility top of mind for all. We'll need to build out clear, defined career path's in the near future. This is something to keep in mind with the million other elements.

7. Extend your talent and contribute to a game changer at Extension

I have been working at Extension Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

The people and worthwhile mission of Extension make it a great place to work. There is tremendous talent here from many different backgrounds and experiences, who are geographically disbursed, yet all are working toward common and common sense goals. Leadership listens and supports. All doors are open and opportunities to excel are plentiful. The company is fast growing, but in a calculated and incremental manner.

Cons

With great growth also comes growing pains typical of many businesses. However, Extension Leadership recognizes the challenges, actively works to address them, keeps employees informed and solicits input and solutions from within the ranks. NOTE (not a con): Tremendous growth also requires a lot of hard work, so paperweights should not apply. With that said, management recognizes hard work and encourages work/life balance.

8. Great place to work!

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of this company is the culture and optimism. We are growing company (revenue and employees) that is extremely fast paced. Everyone here is willing to jump in to help for opportunities and issues. I was looking for a company that was making a difference and I found it here.

Cons

With any startup there are hiccups. But the team pulls together and finds a solution. Not everything we do is perfect. However our employees are committed to making things right when they go wrong.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive culture alive!

9. Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extension has the best work environment of any place I ever worked. The goal is to get your work done not find ways to fill every second of the day with pointless busy work. If you are all caught up on your work and spend a few minutes at work for yourself no one cares. At the same time if you have to spend a few extra minutes at work one day finishing up a project most people just do it because they know its not about the time but the project. You are treated like an adult as long as you can be responsible with that kind of freedom you will fit right in.

Cons

Extension is based in Fort Wayne IN and while Extension is a great opportunity there you are limited in other opportunities in the area. Unless you are already tied to Fort Wayne or are open to moving when or if you leave Extension Fort Wayne can be career limiting as a market.

10. Great Company, Great Culture, and Making a Difference!

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We employ the brightest and most talented individuals in all aspects from software development to sales to accounting. The culture is laid back and very team oriented, none of us can really complete, sell, recruit, train without each other. We have everything from team rooms, game room, casual dress, flexible hours, work remote, and wonderful benefits (some of which are company paid). I appreciate that no one is made to feel not as important as the other. Management and executives all have the exact offices, all have an open door policy and are out with the teams and associates most of the days. We are a fast paced growing company and with that can come extra work or a late night here and there, but it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated. From things like breakfast, lunch, or dinner being brought in or taking a team out to a movie in the afternoon after a rough sprint. Not to mention we are helping hospitals improve their clinical workflow and saving patient lives. What we are doing makes a difference and going to work everyday knowing that this can help the lives of your family, friends, etc is very rewarding.

Cons

There aren't a lot of cons, if any, that I can think of at this time. If there is it would be minuscule in comparison to the pros.

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your staff and the hard work that they are doing for the company. Give them positive feedback, even when it seems irrelevant or small. People like to hear that they are appreciated and that they are doing something well in their position, it will keep them going. Always remain approachable as you are now. Nothing is worse then feeling like you can't approach your manager or an executive about an issue. Check in with associates from time to time, asking them their concerns, issues, or suggestions, we like giving that feedback. It also opens the door for communication as some may not approach you, but if you open the door first you may get some valuable feedback.

Fast growing, solid managers, great culture

Current Employee - N/A in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - N/A in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Passionate management team, strong growth, encourage employee upward mobility, growing brand and image. Most of the people here care about the company and product and people

Cons

Fast growth creates stress. Not a company for the faint of heart....expect to work hard and be pushed.

Advice to Management

Slow down to speed up, keep your values and stay focused on us, the employee.

RSS Feed </> Embed