Extension Healthcare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Todd Plesko

1. A great company culture brimming with greater people!

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

The people I work with on a daily basis are such a wonderful group of bright thinkers and creative problem solvers. The passion for what they do as well as the friendliness they share with others truly scales from the executive team down to everyone else. I get to go into work everyday truly enthused by the opportunity of being part of a product doing immense good for nurses, but even more so because of the people and company team I am doing it with.

Cons

Being here long enough to know the average daily routine is a relaxed environment that really deters from any cons I could think up!

2. Extend your talent and contribute to a game changer at Extension

I have been working at Extension Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

The people and worthwhile mission of Extension make it a great place to work. There is tremendous talent here from many different backgrounds and experiences, who are geographically disbursed, yet all are working toward common and common sense goals. Leadership listens and supports. All doors are open and opportunities to excel are plentiful. The company is fast growing, but in a calculated and incremental manner.

Cons

With great growth also comes growing pains typical of many businesses. However, Extension Leadership recognizes the challenges, actively works to address them, keeps employees informed and solicits input and solutions from within the ranks. NOTE (not a con): Tremendous growth also requires a lot of hard work, so paperweights should not apply. With that said, management recognizes hard work and encourages work/life balance.

3. Great Place To Work

Pros

Growing company that won the Mira 2015 IT Tech Company Award. It's not just an IT Software Company... our healthcare application helps save lives. Management is passionate about the company's purpose. Great benefits for a small employer and likely above average for a company of this size. Very casual dress code for those who find this to be a perk. Culture supports employees working from home and staff have flexibility to adjust their working schedule so they can take care of personal matters as needed.

Cons

The 401K plan doesn't currently have an Employer Match.

5. Extremely challenging and rewarding company

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time

Pros

As for pros - the ability to be a part of something that is actually making a difference is a huge pro. The ability to grow professionally as well as technically is another huge pro. Since the company has been growing at a break-neck pace, to see how a group of people can go from nothing to this is the biggest pro of all.

Cons

Don't really have any cons. If you are a hard worker and enjoy a challenging environment, then Extension is an incredible opportunity. If you are someone that is just after a job/paycheck, then will have a hard time, and is definitely not the place for you.

6. Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extension has the best work environment of any place I ever worked. The goal is to get your work done not find ways to fill every second of the day with pointless busy work. If you are all caught up on your work and spend a few minutes at work for yourself no one cares. At the same time if you have to spend a few extra minutes at work one day finishing up a project most people just do it because they know its not about the time but the project. You are treated like an adult as long as you can be responsible with that kind of freedom you will fit right in.

Cons

Extension is based in Fort Wayne IN and while Extension is a great opportunity there you are limited in other opportunities in the area. Unless you are already tied to Fort Wayne or are open to moving when or if you leave Extension Fort Wayne can be career limiting as a market.

7. Extension Healthcare

Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Everyone takes pride in the effort to save lives and utilizing technology. With this in mind and a management staff that always aims for the top, you are immersed in a team with great synergy.

Cons

This is a rare thing for me to say, but none come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep it up

8. Extension Healthcare is an exceptional company

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for Extension Healthcare for 10 months and I love working for this company! The environment and the people here make you really enjoy your job. This company is after improving patient safety, which provides for very meaningful and important work. The leaders here really care about company members and go out of their way to help in whatever ways they can. This company strives towards efficiency and excellence, which are key factors for success. Efforts are made to help grow employees to become more and more knowledgeable and skillful, not suppress employees with stressful burdens and expectations they cannot live up to. If you're a motivated person interested in having a meaningful job, Extension Healthcare will impress you.

Cons

I'm a very critical person but I have no real "Cons" that I can find to list for this company. Extension Healthcare is a young company, growing fast and working hard to set up all departments to run smoothly. This may seem like a "Con" but when you realize how young this company is and how hard-working its members are to make it successful, you realize how much it is advancing at an impressive speed, and will continue to do so.

9. Great place to work!

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of this company is the culture and optimism. We are growing company (revenue and employees) that is extremely fast paced. Everyone here is willing to jump in to help for opportunities and issues. I was looking for a company that was making a difference and I found it here.

Cons

With any startup there are hiccups. But the team pulls together and finds a solution. Not everything we do is perfect. However our employees are committed to making things right when they go wrong.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive culture alive!

10. Excellent technology, great heart, awesome sales culture and tremendous potential

I have been working at Extension Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sales culture is the best I've been a part of. It reminds me of the mid-90's and start of the internet or the late 80's and the start of the PC boom. As we know a great culture with a superb strategy is unstoppable. This company will make it big. There is nothing like this data aggregation engine solution in the market so this technology has endless possibilities making it very exciting. If you want to be challenged to grow, this is your place. Bring your a-game!

Cons

We are growing very fast in an industry that is changing by the day. This gig is not for the faint of heart. Because of the complexity and potential of the solution, it can cause some to struggle with keeping up with the ever changing potential. If you want to be challenged to grow as a person, this is the place. Bring your a-game!

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the culture going and stay flexible. The speed at which change is occurring is lightning fast so we need to keep culture+flexibility top of mind for all. We'll need to build out clear, defined career path's in the near future. This is something to keep in mind with the million other elements.

Don't let the positive reviews fool you

I worked at Extension Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with some of the most talented individuals in the middleware industry.

Cons

Cannot retain talented people due to terrible work conditions. Product is unstable and customers ended up being frustrated and upset due to lack of support. No career advancement. Company does not give competitive salary to keep their top performing employees.

Advice to Management

Conduct employee surveys; what motivates them, what they would change and do exit interviews when people leave. Encourage open communication between employees and management; hold regular meetings for everyone, establish an open-door policy and don’t punish anyone for speaking their mind. Provide clear paths for advancement, offer support and training.

RSS Feed </> Embed