Extensis Group Reviews

7 reviews filtered by
4.3
Richard Augustyn

1. Growth & Development

I have been working at Extensis Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Extensis has a strong focus on employee growth and development. The company fosters and values employees who take initiative. The management team treats us with dignity and respect which results in an atmosphere of unified team members who are all working together toward common goals. As a growing organization, Extensis is constantly creating new opportunities for its staff. The product and service we offer along with the team that has been built has kept me an engaged employee for 9 years and counting.

Cons

Due to our fantastic growth initiatives, the team is currently separated over two floors. However, solid plans are in place for a new layout that will rejoin the team in 2015!

2. Work atmosphere

I have been working at Extensis Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Extensis for a little more than a year now and it is the best career decision I've made. All the employees are willing to teach you things that will help you advance your career and become a well-rounded employee. In the short time I've been here, I've seen people be promoted and take on roles that push them to their full potential or exceed it! The friendly work environment definitely motivated me to be a passionate employee. it is fast paced, but definitely worth the experience.

Cons

space was an issue but we have acquired more space as we grow

3. Excellent growth opportunity and friendly staff

I have been working at Extensis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since starting with Extensis, I have seen first hand the company expand and the potential to grow within the organization. Your voice is heard here so if there is a change you would like to see or implement, the Extensis team is willing to listen. The benefits and compensation are very competitive within the industry.

Cons

Since it's a smaller company with no formal company trainer, you must be not only a quick learner, but a procactive one too.

5. A great place to work - employees are truly empowered to make a difference every day.

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Woodbridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at Extensis Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every individual employee directy contributes to the ongoing success of the company and the ssatisfaction of employees. This is a team-based company where every employee can identify areas for improvement, make suggestions to the highest level of the organization, and have an impact.

Cons

This is a regionally based company, so client and employee base is in NJ, NY, PA and nearby states for the most part. No national employee meetings in Vegas, sorry. :-)

6. Great company to work for

I have been working at Extensis Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing and it is an exciting place to be

Cons

Space is limited, need to expand

Advice to Management

continue to focus on internal and external growth

Extensis Group Response

Aug 26, 2014Strategic Talent Acquisition Manager

Extensis recently opened a brand-new, dedicated sales office (~2500 SF) and is currently undergoing construction for an additional ~2500 SF of office space in our corporate HQ in Woodbridge, NJ ... More

7. Dynamic Environment

I have been working at Extensis Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What and amazing group of people that care about their clients. The teams work together to provide resolution. Career oreinted. A lot of people here with significant tenure. Great place to work

Cons

Running out of space, need to realign the cubicles.

Extensis Group Response

Aug 26, 2014Strategic Talent Acquisition Manager

Not sure if they know

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Woodbridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at Extensis Group

Pros

Nice people on the service side. They take their jobs seriously. The PEO industry is a good idea for businesses from a human resource side (administrative).

Cons

Managment likes to push people out. As a company, they service small businesses and push the idea that they are a local firm. However, if you are going to work with SMB - you must be in front of them as much as possible. The company put themselves in this elite catagory. "We don't want people to think we have nothing to do".

Not a model that will help get your name out. Especially going up against huge companies like ADP and Administaff. Who, it is worth mentioning, have much better resources and can do the job overall much better than Extensis Group. They may be cheap - but you do get what you pay for.

Anyone who has worked with SMB before - don't expect to prospect as you always have. It is an inside sales job. They company only wants a face-to-face meeting maybe once. The rest is over the phone. It is too much of an emotionally charged offering for almost every meeting to be on the phone. Especially expressing a value prop of "We are close to your company, so if you ever need us we are at your door."

Again, be prepared to be inside for this sales job - and if you have any ideas...you will be pushed out. No matter how well you can sell it.

Advice to Management

For their sake, I hope they stop calling it an outside sales job. They sell you on that fact at the beginning and then you get there and it is not the case. They say - "We sell the small companies that ADP and Administaff won't take." They don't. It costs more for them to service it. They were set to get a 12% increase for their service from Aetna. They passed on an 18% increase to their clients. Not ethical at all.

There is so much that they need to work on to improve the business - but I doubt they will do it. Again, nice people on the service side, but sales needs a true reality check. I wish them luck.