Extentia

Updated May 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Umeed Kothavala

Extentia is a great place to work.

Software Professional (Current Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsA free environment in the office helps all employees to collaborate towards productivity. Extentia helps all employees to grow in their respective fields. ALL and ALL a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

ConsTheir are some elements who try to steal away achievements from the teamwork. BEWARE of these elements.

Advice to Senior ManagementExtentia as a company has a great potential to grow. The leadership is also good and safe hands but they have to really watch out for the show stealer elements as they knowingly / unknowingly are harming the growth of others and eventually companies growth.

Good place to work for bachelors

Software Professional (Former Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsGood career opportunities, trainings. lots of events happens in extentia. Good for freshers to start career
     with this company

ConsDoesn't understand importance of employee's family/ personal life. Lots of work load. Mostly working in the weekends. No comp-offs.

unit head

Pune (India)

Proswork life balance is one of the most positive part beside that the good cultural and social activities of extentians give a feeling of belonging.

Consthe total structure of the company and the miss-trust between the top and senior management is something which requires to be addressed.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is just a true example of Growth!

IPhone Developer (Former Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsVery cool working culture, very friendly and always helpful!

ConsI think issues are only with pay scale.

Run like a vegetable shop.

Architect (Former Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsSakaar: some social work and work life balance

Consspying on employee, management doesnt have the ability and capability to look beyond, have lost some very dynamic people from management and technology few years back. no transparency, the information you get from management is manipulated. only those people are staying with extentia who either belong to that clan. forget any career in extentia. the Infrastructure is bad. a raid was there because of using pirated softeware.

Advice to Senior Managementstreamline the process, trust your employee

Awesome place to work at

Software Professional (Current Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsFree environment, Flexible timing, Helpful Peers, Great extra curricular activities

ConsLack of internal training and personal review

great learning opportunities for fresher but growth for senior members is limited

(Former Employee)

ProsRelatively flexible timings, opportunity to learn and work on latest technologies, training sessions and workshops, open access to internet, Sports facilities, Good locality, Great opportunity for work for Social cause though SAAKAR group, great opportunity to meet international interns and learn about their culture and work culture, Almost flat hierarchy

ConsWORST HR and Salary policies, I think management does not understand employees so high employee turnover and attrition rate. Internal politics(much higher for a small firm- ~200 people), Does not value good people and INEFFICIENT in utilizing good and talented manpower. Lack of recognition of work unless your are close to key players in company ;) , lack of delegation of authority to deserving candidates, group-ism, Lack of transparency, Lack of motivation, If you don't believe, ask for no. of employee joined and left within 2 - 6 months. Its very high and has increased recently. Almost negligible onsite opportunities though Head HR assures/claims very high and urgent Onsite opportunities during interview. If you have dream in making a career in single technology then this is not the company for you. Your dreams have no value here. Difficult to rise through hierarchy irrespective of flat hierarchy

Advice to Senior ManagementThough there are these many cons, there are some people who has always helped company to retain its name and tried to have smooth functioning by having faith in subordinates. Do Not loose these people as you already have lost key resources. Understand value of a employee and his/her skills which CAN be far superior than most of your senior employees and some of the management people, Understand that employee's career and aspirations are also important and he is going to think about it at some point or other. The better your and your employee's goal matches, better it will be for company's progress. Do not assume that it does not matter what one's aspirations and we can make him work like we want. Ask questions like why are we still at 150-200 employees even after 11-12 years of inception and how many of the employees we have who has stayed with us more than 2-4 yr and are still working with us? Why is this number small and why couldn't we retain more than these people? Best companies always try to retain good employees. Focus on innovation.

Good place to work

Senior Developer Or Equivalent (Current Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsGood work life balance. Competent leadership. Diversity in work projects. Knowledgeable techie crowd. Flexible hours. It has a very open door policy for access to senior management.

ConsNot at this time. Some techs would like less moving between offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more stringent towards people that know the place is flexible and take advantage of it.
    We need more all hands like meetings for better across company communication.

My experience at Extentia was the most satisfying

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsBesides having a salary thats comparable to other companies, what i like about this company is the work culture and friendly people. Aside from the fact that it is a great place to learn.

ConsThe commute from my home is a little troublesome. The company does not provide transport and other such facilities. Thats all for complaints

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide transport facilities to employees. Apart from that, i really find that this company is best company that i have worked for

Not good. Not many opportunities

(Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities for Mobile developers are good in Extentia.

Consnot good for people other than Mobile apps developers.
    They dont have projects other than mobile apps development projects

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is good

Worked for Extentia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Extentia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Extentia CEO Umeed Kothavala. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Extentia employees.