Extentia Reviews

Updated July 30, 2014
3.4

Umeed Kothavala

Amazing Place

Current Employee - Lead  in  Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Lead in Pune (India)

I have been working at Extentia full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work-life balance with adequate opportunity for career development
    - I have worked with many organizations(including 3 CMM-5 ), so far this has been the best organization.
    - Proactive employee retention policy, good performers are offered better in-hand on top of what is offered during appraisals.
    - Leadership puts in special efforts to appreciate good performers.
    - Exciting, friendly place to work. Really great team members. Lots of learning and training
    - Lot of employee engagement activities like XPL(Extentia Premiere League) which runs throughout the year.
    - Absolutely friendly environment, tons of very smart people to work with. Lots of things to learn.
    - Company has people who have been loyal to the organization for over 10 years to 15 years now; however they do not throw tantrums and be bossy.
    - Great Social Initiatives like teaching underprivileged kids, Job Preparation for underprivileged, blood donation camps, donate school books/bags, mentoring students for college projects, fulfill wishes by underprivileged kids. Extentia puts in extra efforts to involve each and every employee towards these initiatives.

Cons

- Watches are given as annual appreciation, I think it would make more sense to give certificates rather than the EXTENTIA LOGO WATCHES.
    - Appreciate company giving extra on top of the appraisal raise, however the 2 year bond does not go with it. 1 Year commitment is good to go.
    - Lunch/Snacks quality can be better and please include more healthier lunch/snacks.

- Retain your best talents at any cost, your organization is a small organization and needs these talent.
    - Rest Same as CONS
    - Continue with all your social initiatives, you are doing a great job.

Good place to work for bachelors

Former Employee - Software Professional  in  Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Software Professional in Pune (India)

I worked at Extentia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good career opportunities, trainings. lots of events happens in extentia. Good for freshers to start career
     with this company

Cons

Doesn't understand importance of employee's family/ personal life. Lots of work load. Mostly working in the weekends. No comp-offs.

Extentia is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Software Professional  in  Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Software Professional in Pune (India)

I have been working at Extentia full-time for more than a year

Pros

A free environment in the office helps all employees to collaborate towards productivity. Extentia helps all employees to grow in their respective fields. ALL and ALL a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

Cons

Their are some elements who try to steal away achievements from the teamwork. BEWARE of these elements.

Extentia as a company has a great potential to grow. The leadership is also good and safe hands but they have to really watch out for the show stealer elements as they knowingly / unknowingly are harming the growth of others and eventually companies growth.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

unit head

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at Extentia full-time for more than a year

Pros

work life balance is one of the most positive part beside that the good cultural and social activities of extentians give a feeling of belonging.

Cons

the total structure of the company and the miss-trust between the top and senior management is something which requires to be addressed.

This company is just a true example of Growth!

Former Employee - IPhone Developer  in  Pune (India)
    Former Employee - IPhone Developer in Pune (India)

I worked at Extentia as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very cool working culture, very friendly and always helpful!

Cons

I think issues are only with pay scale.

Run like a vegetable shop.

Former Employee - Architect  in  Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Architect in Pune (India)

I worked at Extentia as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Sakaar: some social work and work life balance

Cons

spying on employee, management doesnt have the ability and capability to look beyond, have lost some very dynamic people from management and technology few years back. no transparency, the information you get from management is manipulated. only those people are staying with extentia who either belong to that clan. forget any career in extentia. the Infrastructure is bad. a raid was there because of using pirated softeware.

streamline the process, trust your employee

Awesome place to work at

Current Employee - Software Professional  in  Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Software Professional in Pune (India)

I have been working at Extentia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free environment, Flexible timing, Helpful Peers, Great extra curricular activities

Cons

Lack of internal training and personal review

great learning opportunities for fresher but growth for senior members is limited

I worked at Extentia full-time

Pros

Relatively flexible timings, opportunity to learn and work on latest technologies, training sessions and workshops, open access to internet, Sports facilities, Good locality, Great opportunity for work for Social cause though SAAKAR group, great opportunity to meet international interns and learn about their culture and work culture, Almost flat hierarchy

Cons

WORST HR and Salary policies, I think management does not understand employees so high employee turnover and attrition rate. Internal politics(much higher for a small firm- ~200 people), Does not value good people and INEFFICIENT in utilizing good and talented manpower. Lack of recognition of work unless your are close to key players in company ;) , lack of delegation of authority to deserving candidates, group-ism, Lack of transparency, Lack of motivation, If you don't believe, ask for no. of employee joined and left within 2 - 6 months. Its very high and has increased recently. Almost negligible onsite opportunities though Head HR assures/claims very high and urgent Onsite opportunities during interview. If you have dream in making a career in single technology then this is not the company for you. Your dreams have no value here. Difficult to rise through hierarchy irrespective of flat hierarchy

Though there are these many cons, there are some people who has always helped company to retain its name and tried to have smooth functioning by having faith in subordinates. Do Not loose these people as you already have lost key resources. Understand value of a employee and his/her skills which CAN be far superior than most of your senior employees and some of the management people, Understand that employee's career and aspirations are also important and he is going to think about it at some point or other. The better your and your employee's goal matches, better it will be for company's progress. Do not assume that it does not matter what one's aspirations and we can make him work like we want. Ask questions like why are we still at 150-200 employees even after 11-12 years of inception and how many of the employees we have who has stayed with us more than 2-4 yr and are still working with us? Why is this number small and why couldn't we retain more than these people? Best companies always try to retain good employees. Focus on innovation.

My experience at Extentia was the most satisfying

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Extentia

Pros

Besides having a salary thats comparable to other companies, what i like about this company is the work culture and friendly people. Aside from the fact that it is a great place to learn.

Cons

The commute from my home is a little troublesome. The company does not provide transport and other such facilities. Thats all for complaints

Please provide transport facilities to employees. Apart from that, i really find that this company is best company that i have worked for

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Developer Or Equivalent  in  Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Developer Or Equivalent in Pune (India)

I have been working at Extentia

Pros

Good work life balance. Competent leadership. Diversity in work projects. Knowledgeable techie crowd. Flexible hours. It has a very open door policy for access to senior management.

Cons

Not at this time. Some techs would like less moving between offices.

Be more stringent towards people that know the place is flexible and take advantage of it.
    We need more all hands like meetings for better across company communication.

Worked for Extentia? Contribute to the Community!