Extole
www.extole.com San Francisco, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Extole Reviews

Updated Jan 8, 2014

Matthew Roche

Accomplished management team who have "done it before." Extole is social referral marketing at it highest expression

Director of Network Programs (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Extole full-time for more than a year

ProsDeeply creative environment with an emphasis on inclusiveness in engineering, client services and sales/marketing process and success. Major product changes (SaaS) were implemented in 2013 and the comprehensive Offermatica team is now focused on execution and growth into verticals that will benefit from social rewards marketing.

ConsProspect clients still discovering an alternative to SEO/SEM and understanding the channel of reward marketing that pays customers instead of Adword providers. Extole is bringing this message to target verticals to improve adoption and deliver compelling case studies. A big challenge, but the client list and growth will be proving that out in 2014

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building the company identity and culture to attract the best people and customers. The present mix of experienced and new employees has created a dynamic environment where everyone's ideas and opinions count. Keep it up.

Nice people, good culture, transparent management style

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Extole full-time

Pros- Transparent management team
- Energetic and talented people
- located in the heart of SOMA, close to AT&T park
- got quite a few big brand customers

ConsCompany's sales driven style sometimes could make the engineering development very hectic. Definitely need more engineers so they can keep up all sorts of different customer requirement and keep the ball rolling.

Great Industry, Great Internal Communication, So-So product

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Extole full-time for more than a year

Pros1) Fully stocked kitchen, with Thursday lunch
2) Young energetic atmosphere
3) Smart contributors
4) tackling great problem - ROI on Social Media
5) Extremely helpful colleagues
6) in SOMA, right by AT&T park
7) Transparent Management

Cons1) Expensive tool that is a "nice to have" not "need to have" for new clients.
2) Great tool for enterprise clients, but too many corporate clients do not have the volume to make Word of Mouth marketing enough to justify price. This is an industry problem, not an Extole problem.
3) Not enough conference rooms to have private conversations or meeting spots.

Advice to Senior ManagementBilling options need to grow in order for new clients to want to sign on. Marketing also needs to come up with more programs to generate more buzz. Great buzz on press releases from raising money, but that really is it.

culture culture culture

Account Management (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Extole full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat culture, young but brilliant management, strong company focus, relaxed environment (keg and bean bags included), a lot of mutual respect for coworkers

Consbecause of the young people, sometimes people lack focus. communication is hard at a small company. unclear of market success in the future.

Nice and friendly

I have been working at Extole full-time

ProsGood cultures and great people

ConsNeed to get more people to do different things

Awesome team, strong product, big opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Extole full-time for more than a year

ProsEffective, transparent management team. Energetic, talented staff. Blue chip clients. Amazing product team leading the charge in the white-hot social marketing space.

ConsSales driven approach can lead to rapid change in spite of great technical complexity. Whether this is a "con" or just a reality of the business opportunity is hard to say. They pull it off though!

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much they don't already know I think. Execution should remain the primary focus.

Worked for Extole? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Extole reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Extole CEO Matthew Roche. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Extole employees.