Extra Help

Updated August 2, 2014
Updated August 2, 2014
4.0

Teresa Katubig

The company listens to there employees and takes advice from them to accommodate their needs.

Current Employee - Burn Table Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Burn Table Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Extra Help as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The jobs they send you on are fairly simple and pay competitively. There is very little overexertion of ones self while doing any task.

Cons

I have to say that for a temp agency they are pretty good but they don't really offer any benefits like vacation time, holiday pay or personal time off unless you are on a permanent assignment like I am. Its kind of weird I've been on my job for 2 years, never missed and I'm still a temp.

PLEASE.......LEARN ABOUT DIRECT DEPOSIT....AND OFFER IT TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. IT WORKS MUCH BETTER THAN PAPER CHECKS GETTING LOST IN THE MAIL.

Something different and hard to deal with.

Current Employee - Assembler in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Assembler in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at Extra Help part-time (less than an year)

Pros

you have somewhere to go.

Cons

Not going to the job and knowing what you will do.

Make the job interesting and fun so that employees will want to work.

Life changing opportunity.

I worked at Extra Help full-time

Pros

Caring work atmosphere. Opportunity for growth within the company.

Cons

Time flexibility. Direction and training.

It has been fast paced, exciting, and time well spent.

Current Employee - Business Development (Payroll Sales) in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Development (Payroll Sales) in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Extra Help

Pros

We're the perfect size company. We have the capabilities to do everything that our national competitors do (Processing, State/Fed Tax Filing, Timekeeping, Job Costing, etc. etc.) only BETTER. Reason being... we're not so large that we require a 1-800 # with an automated system. Each of our clients have a dedicated processor who they can contact directly with any questions or needs. The PERSONAL touch and customer service that we're able to provide our clients make selling our services easy. There's a great company culture, an awesome group of hard working people who work hard. The owner/management are great leaders who have expectations of their team, lead by example, and both recognize and reward hard work and dedication.

Cons

I wouldn't consider it a con, however, it is something that some ma see as a draw back. The company is growing at a fast rate and there are things changing all the time. While the changes are all for the better, I know a lot of people can't deal with change very well.

Excited for everything ahead of the EH team!

As the company continues to grow, we continue to add staff and opportunities

I have been working at Extra Help

Pros

Ability to please potential clients by flexible pricing and decision making

Cons

Growth has been challenging for all but we have worked hard at training and consistency within the offices.

Keep working on training for all staff and hiring more people to help us grow that can bring our team to a higher level.

Up and Coming company

I have been working at Extra Help

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Extra Help is the ability to define your future. Extra Help has expanded in the last 3 years to the Edwardsville area and just recently opened an office in downtown St. Louis. We have the ability to provide not only employment services to our clients but also payroll services and HR services. This is a company that cares about its clients and looks for ways to help them grow their businesses.

Cons

If there is a con for Extra Help it is the fact that this is a smaller company and the training program is one that you have to do a lot of self directed training.

Work on formalizing procedures as the business continues to expand in the St. Louis and Metro East market. Continue to hire great people!

First Impressions Can Be Deceiving

I worked at Extra Help

Pros

They do provide a decent pay (in terms of base pay only). Being a small company has it's perks and they have been in business for some time.

Cons

The titles of Manager and Director are used loosely. The level of immaturity and lack of respect found within the offices is intense. Promises are not kept and you are expected to fall into line. It is stated that ideas and opinions are wanted yet management would prefer you to do as you are told. Not worth anyone's time and definitely not worthy of making anyone's resume.