Exxact Express

2.1

Joe Kedzuf

Decent Job

I worked at Exxact Express

Pros

9-5 schedule and decent pay

Cons

People who have been there a long time are hard on new employees.
    Boring work.

Horrible! If you're smart don't give this company another thought.

Former Employee - CSR in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - CSR in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Exxact Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent starting pay. 8-5 M-F positions. Decent coffee and an occasional free lunch.

Cons

Hard work gets you no where with this company. I didn't meet one person that enjoyed their position. Very Sad!

Proper training might be your first clue. The MOST unprofessional company and mgrs I've ever worked under. No direction period! The owner should invest in proper mgmt courses for the people he puts in those positions instead of a bunch of "yes men". Teach your Sr employees to own up to their mistakes instead of throwing new comers under the bus.

The worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Accounting in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Exxact Express full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the co workers are nice....others have been at Exxact too long to know what being nice means.

Cons

Expect to do the job of 3 people, and do it perfectly. Always must keep your head down if you don't want to be pulled into the conference room on Friday and lose your job. The health insurance is extremely high...don't even think about putting a spouse on it. The management consists of all men except for 1 woman who has been there for 15 years. The men who manage the employees are allowed to treat and speak to the employees any way that they see fit and there are no repercussions, unless the owner taking the manager out to lunch or golf for the day is punishment. Christmas parties consist of the employees decorating the office from 5-6 pm without pay for a judging contest, bringing in their own food and the party lasts about an hour while you are working, but that is considered your lunch break. They will not pay the women close to what they pay the men. You will be there after 5, but don't expect pay for it, unless it's a holiday week and you can get all of the straight time hours you want. Don't get sick, or you are gone...but with a different excuse for letting you go. The owner walks around clapping all day (as if that's helping you to do your job). If you can handle being thrown under the bus for mistakes that you didn't make, than this is the place for you. If you are looking for a decent job, this is not the place and I would run as fast as you can if they call you. There is no HR department to file any complaints, there is a controller who is considered HR, but don't go to him because if you complain or bring up any issues you will lose your job guaranteed. This company is big enough for FMLA, but will not use it, tells the employee to get the paperwork from the government, but be prepared to lose your job if FMLA is brought up.

Treat your employees with respect, and if they come to you with a problem...try to resolve it, don't just tell them "Oh well, that's just the way it is"

You get what you put in. Slackers/time wasters need not apply.

Former Employee - Dispatcher/Driver Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Dispatcher/Driver Manager in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Exxact Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people that have said negative things about this company are misguided. You get what you put into this company. This isn't your typical M-F 8-5 job where you punch in, eat lunch, and punch out. You actually have to put for an effort but it is rewarding.

I have seen people come in with no trucking experience and were let go because they couldn't grasp the simple concepts about trucking/logistics. While that is not a slight against that person, they are foolish to come onto this site and post negative reviews about this company simply because they could not do the work.

I have also seen people who had experience but did not come to work to work. They came to sit at a desk and collect a paycheck. Just "getting by" is not the way to go about your lives.

The owner of the company is very progressive-minded and is a results-oriented person so of course if you don't produce then you won't last long. He gives you his best so he expects his best in return.

I worked at Exxact for 2 years without issue, but I also worked by butt off and I didn't slack. If I was asked a question I had an answer and if I was tasked with doing something I did it.

Cons

When I worked there, parking was a pain in the butt. Some of us had to park across a semi-busy street and it was not fun to go to and from work.

Train to train your replacement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Exxact Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great starting salary, fair gift cards given out at christmas parties.

Cons

The owner of the company is a real control freak, to everyone from his employees to his spouse. I worked for this company for more than a year and half and after I was nolonger able to give them the answers they wanted to hear, I was let go because the company was heading in a new direction. As long as you bring to the table ideas or procedures from your past employers you are ok, but once someone new comes into the company you are out.

When hiring new employees please make sure they do not have any morals, those are the only ones that last with the company.

Rewarding Company - You get what you put in.

Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Exxact Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extremely competitive starting pay and good benefits. Also being a mid-sized, family owned business Exxact is able to be very flexible with both associate and customer needs. Senior management will work right beside the associates booking trucks and getting freight from customers.

Cons

There are not many cons that I can immediately think of.

I love the passion and driive that Senior Management has toward what we do. Keep up the intensity.

Run...

I worked at Exxact Express

Pros

Free Coffee and Clean Restrooms

Cons

Everything else is a toss up, RUN....

Take care of your employees treat them well and in return they will get the job done

OK at first, but once you get in and see the culture... GET out while you can!

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Exxact Express

Pros

OK pay, but be prepared to stay after 5pm (with no overtime)

Cons

Bad benefits, health insurance is so high, over 50% of workers there do not have it. No dental, vision, or much of anything else you can think of.

Do what you say you are going to do by LEADING BY EXAMPLE! Don't ask what someone if you are only to get mad and include your personal feelings. It just business right...

Fair

I worked at Exxact Express

Pros

The company is not going anywhere, seems that they are financially strong, owners have a strong commitment to the company and the pay is competitive in the industry

Cons

Constant revolving door with employees- High Turnover- Does not give employees time to develop

I go to work to see what is going to happen next

I have been working at Exxact Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will hire anyone that walks through the door, no industry experience or education required.

If you cannot find a job this is the place to go.

With this hiring structure be prepared to be trained by the individual that you will ultimately replace once they are let go/ fired/ laid off what ever Management feels like calling it.

Once you have worked here for 6-12 months your given the benifit of training your replacement, if your real lucky you can do this in the first three months.

Cons

Don't fall for the sales pitch- This is a job, not a career, once you have been in the enviroment for 3-6 months you'll understand.

Management is composed of individuals that search for reasons to fire people, be prepared to be micro-managed day-in and day out.

Everyone in the office waits to see who is pulled into the conference room to be let go on Fridays, because the company has decided to go in a different direction. Shortly after the company wide email comes with a formal announcement, followed by an updated phone list.

Stop doing the same thing day after day expecting change.

Exxact Express Photos