ExxonMobil Pipeline

ExxonMobil Pipeline Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

G. W. Pruessing

ExxonMobil Pipeline is one of the best companies to work for.

Records Center Coordinator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent benefits, good salaries and overall good working environment. Good performance is recognized and rewarded.

ConsWork load sometimes requires long hours and there were times when you felt long hours were expected.

Positive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prostaking on tough challenges in a fast paced environment

Conshard to transfer to other organizations

Good Place to Start

Field Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsReally great people to work with who are highly motivated and very helpful. Company invests a lot of time and money to train you for the job and doesn't assign you an actual area of responsibility until after several months of training and shadowing another field engineer. Pay and benefits are good as is workplace and work time flexibility.

ConsCompany does not readily embrace new technology and ExxonMobil IT makes it difficult to get things done. Computers that are provided are slow and cumbersome to use as they are heavily restricted and controlled by IT.

There is a process for everything and lots and lots of paperwork. Often it feels as if they don't really care if the job gets done as long as the paperwork is in order.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to those on the front line and don't be afraid to loosen restrictions and controls rather than looking for more rules that bog things down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work and learn if ou like to do contract work. Alot of contractors.

Applications Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat exposure. Exxon carries alot of clout.

ConsAs a contractor you are treated as such. No matter how long you have worked there you are never part of the Exxon family. You are a tool.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive contractors more consideration.

Great people to work with, okay people to work for.

Field Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou are surrounded by incredible people every day.

ConsVery few managers are leaders. The rating and ranking system is hopelessly broken and no-one in management wants to admit it. The IT department is much more of a hindrance than a help.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time in the trenches really listening to people. When you put together a committee to "look into" something, you usually hear what you want to hear. Don't be so hesitant to spend money to make your employees lives easier and their work more efficient. We have intelligent ideas too...

ExxonMobil is a great place to have a career within a career

Cost and Schedule Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to have a career within a career, you can start as an engineer and continue in engineering assignments for your entire career or move into management, operations, technical sales, go get your MBA, Tax or Law degree and return into that part of the company. YOu will be exposed to the world's largerst, unique and one of a kind type of structures and facilities which are all world class in scale and involde unique proprietary technology.

ConsEMRE is there to support our "customers" which are located around the worls and thus one needs to be mobile to be successful

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and develop your emerging leaders and they will soon be inheriting the company

Great place to launch your career but don't stay too long!

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLots of different job experiences and opportunities for personal development. They have good training programs and you can move into areas of great responsibility without a lot of prior work experience.

Very good pay, work life balance in most positions and great benefits.

ConsCompany is very regimented but not as stuffy as its reputation. There is a company process for everything and not open to variance. Management holds all the cards, a lot of things are done in secrecy and you depend on your manager to be your advocate.

Opportunities are created for those deemed to be stars. Everybody else has to make their own way.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has to become more nimble and aggresive. Management considers technological innovation to be its core competancy and wants to provide tech services instead of oil but its going to be difficult fending off competitors if your not aggressive to market..

Great pay and good friends

Software Developer (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsMoney is excellent at Exxon

Consbenefits are good at Exxon

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a life and get a new job

Great experience, I learned a lot.

Capital Budget Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGiven that I was in an African affiliate I had access to all senior managers and it help me understand the culture of the company.My direct manager had a great knowledge and was always willing to share it with everybody.

ConsVery conservative and procedure oriented. Sometimes it felt as if I was boxed in. The promotion and ranking system never worked for me as I felt it was very opaque. Most promotions or new assignments had to offered by the managers and there is not a way to be proactive about finding roles that interest you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise management to listen more to younger employees because many of them left because they did feel cared about.

More high-level business drive, less true engineering

Subsea Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly but competitive...good work life balance...so big that its easy to feel lost or anonymous. Good opportunity for travel and advancement if you work hard and get noticed.

ConsToo large, rarely do true engineering work... mostly managing contractors and sub-contractors

Advice to Senior ManagementGive entry-level engineers a taste of responsibility earlier in their development, the job can get very boring and uninspiring.

Worked for ExxonMobil Pipeline? Contribute to the Community!