Eyemart Express

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
2.4

CEO

learned something new that's about it..

I worked at Eyemart Express

Pros

learning new things, making lenses was a cool process.

Cons

pay, no advancement, it was like being in high school.

pay your employees better, and provide better benefits. if an employee shows initiative to do the job well, is reliable, and willing to grow with the company, stop filling them with empty promises and give the right leadership and opportunity to grow and advance. also, it was like being in high school again, everyone talks about everyone and if the boss likes you you can pretty much get away with anything. if he/she doesn't they treat you like garbage.

IF YOU ENJOY BEING MICRO MANAGED THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Farmers Branch, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at Eyemart Express full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co Workers are nice They work hard

Cons

Terrible Corporate Culture and Low Morale. You need to check your brain at the door and just do what you are told or you will never last at this company. Managers from the top down are not reliable in their promises and do not value loyal hardworking people THE TURNOVER IS VERY HIGH AT THIS COMPANY. Expect to have more and more work assigned no matter how well you do, until you eventually fail. This is a poorly run company with small minded management

Stop micro managing and throwing people under the bus to save a few dollars short term. You need a more sophisticated Management style. You need to make your company a good place to work where employees are able to share their ideas and feel respected and valued. Saving money is important but cutting costs at the expense of lowering morale is going to cost you money in the long run start looking at the big picture

Great

Current Employee - Store General Manager  in  Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Store General Manager in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at Eyemart Express full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love Eyemart been with them along time! I love my customers and my job! I love adjusting glasses and knowing the satisfaction they have leaving feeling happy!

Cons

I have no cons! Sorry that the past employees feel the way they feel!

I'm a manager and love it!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lab tech

Current Employee - Optical Lab Tech  in  Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Optical Lab Tech in Killeen, TX

I have been working at Eyemart Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

company provides a very steady work schedule. Work is not difficult a requires only minimal training.

Cons

Work is very repetitive. Training materials are outdated. Compensation is on the low end of the scale.

Not good.

I worked at Eyemart Express

Pros

Easy to make money with commission, not "hard" work. Not a high pressure sales job. Get experience in the optical world and get out!

Cons

Managers are definitely not trained well and do not have adequate social skills. They won't pay over time even if it means only one person on the sales floor for multiple hours. Management does not train employees! They throw them on the sales floor to fend for themselves and when they don't do good they fire them. They hire you with no experience and don't train you enough to do your job. For as much as we are expected to do pay is minimal. Starting as an apprentice you make 8.50 hr plus commission. If you don't take initiative you won't make money.

Have people "shop" the stores without letting anyone know. Do annual manager score cards anonymously. Ask the staff how everything is going and do things to make not only customers happy but employees like offering adequate training!

Co-workers made it bearable.

I worked at Eyemart Express

Pros

The only thing I liked about working here was knowing i was making a difference and helping people see.

Cons

The store manager and the lab manager were awful. Apparently, it's okay to talk about and talk down to the employees. And don't even think of trying to defend yourself.

Find better people to run your stores.

Not what it used to be.

I have been working at Eyemart Express

Pros

Stable job, company is growing rapidly.

Cons

Low pay, horrible micro managing.

Self Managers.............

I have been working at Eyemart Express

Pros

Learning how to makes glasses, closed on sundays, great hours

Cons

Managers only think of themselves,will only look out for themselves, act like they care and follow the rules when coorpriate shows up when knowing good and well they dont, was not trained properly, expected to know more than what I was poorly trained for, forget it if you get sick theyll supposedly ask about your wellfare and want you to work like a dog instead of sending you home, working here will stress the crap out of you not to mention tire you out, oh did I mention they will humuliate you in front of employees and make you look stupid, pathetic just pathetic is what this company!!!!!!!!

HIRE FREAKING MANAGERS WHO ACTUALLY GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES AND NOT THEIR SELFISH BUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eyemart Express

Former Employee - Optician  in  Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Optician in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Eyemart Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working here there is a Family like environment about the employees that make it a joy to work here.

Cons

Can be frustrating because it becomes competitive due to the commission on sales.

Keep up the good work!

Horrible

Former Employee - Lab Manager
    Former Employee - Lab Manager

I worked at Eyemart Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

None at all. Horrible company

Cons

Company does not care at all about the employees. High pressure. They do not give you all of the necessary tools to do the job that they want done. Low quality products make it difficult to satisfy customers.

quit ruining people's lives. Listed to the people in your stores. Get both sides of the story when customers complain. Most complaints are a result of the poor techniques the company employes.

Worked for Eyemart Express? Contribute to the Community!