Eyemart Express

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not what it used to be.

ProsStable job, company is growing rapidly.

ConsLow pay, horrible micro managing.

Co-workers made it bearable.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only thing I liked about working here was knowing i was making a difference and helping people see.

ConsThe store manager and the lab manager were awful. Apparently, it's okay to talk about and talk down to the employees. And don't even think of trying to defend yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind better people to run your stores.

Self Managers.............

ProsLearning how to makes glasses, closed on sundays, great hours

ConsManagers only think of themselves,will only look out for themselves, act like they care and follow the rules when coorpriate shows up when knowing good and well they dont, was not trained properly, expected to know more than what I was poorly trained for, forget it if you get sick theyll supposedly ask about your wellfare and want you to work like a dog instead of sending you home, working here will stress the crap out of you not to mention tire you out, oh did I mention they will humuliate you in front of employees and make you look stupid, pathetic just pathetic is what this company!!!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE FREAKING MANAGERS WHO ACTUALLY GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES AND NOT THEIR SELFISH BUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eyemart Express

Optician (Former Employee)
    Green Bay, WI

ProsWorking here there is a Family like environment about the employees that make it a joy to work here.

ConsCan be frustrating because it becomes competitive due to the commission on sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Horrible

Lab Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNone at all. Horrible company

ConsCompany does not care at all about the employees. High pressure. They do not give you all of the necessary tools to do the job that they want done. Low quality products make it difficult to satisfy customers.

Advice to Senior Managementquit ruining people's lives. Listed to the people in your stores. Get both sides of the story when customers complain. Most complaints are a result of the poor techniques the company employes.

Have been employed for a while. Been doing well so far, and yes had to work hard. If you LIKE optical.

Lab Manager (Current Employee)
    Medford, OR

ProsLike any company work hard get raises and get promoted, lots of free training and learning. If you stick it out and love optical you can go far in this company, they promote within and really care about the customers.

ConsHome office in Texas. When a machine goes down It hard to catch up.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave management train in other stores and see how other people deal with daily situations.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

If you want to work like a dog, with no breaks, this is the job for you!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere really aren't any. The only one is that They are closed on Sundays.

ConsPay is the lowest in the area, regardless of incentives. You could literally start at McDonalds and make more money. Forget about eating a lunch on most days. The benefits are expensive and cover absolutely nothing. Regional management encourages turnover. They made a lens switch in 2013 to a lesser quality brand that many customers in our area have problems with, yet staff is told by upper management does not allow refunds.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They won't listen anyways. Though many came from working at the store level, they have become fattened pigs, mooching off of the hard work of the poor people below them. While many of them require public assistance, Dr. Barnes owns one of the 10 most opulant houses in Dallas, a private jet, and many of the other luxuries that grossly rich people have. Sad that many of his employees starve, can barely pay their bills, or take care of their health or children.

Terrible place to work DONT work there

Prosmost employees are nice to work with

ConsManagement is terrible!!! they will lie and throw you under the bus any chance they get

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to your so called Culture cutting staff, firing valued employees, high turnover will only weaken this already weak company the reputation is getting worse and worse

Overworked, underpaid.

Lab Tech (Former Employee)

ProsYou stay busy, the day goes by fast.

ConsMany times you will be too busy. Pay is too little for the amount of stress. 'Training period' was a complete lie. I was barely trained, I was dumped directly into the lab and was being held accountable for breakages my second day. I had no idea what the hell I was doing right or wrong at that point and was completely baffled as to why I was getting talked down to rather harshly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep retail and management OUT of the lab! So much breakage directly caused by the store manager trying to micro-manage the lab. Retail was never reprimanded for pulling incorrect lenses, completely botching scripts, etc.

Great experience, some great people, not great benefits

Farmers Branch, TX

ProsCompany was growing quickly, the people

ConsCompany was growing too rapidly and not taking care of its employees. Long hours, expectations were really high without decent compensation.

Worked for Eyemart Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eyemart Express reviews and ratings. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Eyemart Express employees.