www.eci.com

Updated December 23, 2014
Updated December 23, 2014
3.6

John Cahaly

Great place to get a career started

Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Eze Castle Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I haven't been with the company in a few years, but it was a great environment.

- Knowledgeable coworkers who were more than happy to share their knowledge and help out
    - Accessible middle management who cared about the clients and their teams
    - Great cross team cooperation
    - Beer Thursdays don't hurt

Cons

My main issue was with some of the decision making on the upper management side. Some people's roles have changed since I left so this might be less (or more) of an issue now, but at the time there was a disconnect from the upper levels of management and what was needed by the engineers/HD/CRMs in order to keep the clients happy.

Also, if you're in a non-tech role (CRM, PM, etc.) there is very limited career growth opportunities.

Listen to your middle managers and solicit more feedback from the people at the front line. They have all the info on what is happening in the space and can give you the best info on what clients are looking for.

Not the best place to work.

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Stamford, CT

I worked at Eze Castle Integration full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You might get to meet some very nice people. Considering that their clients are primarily hedge funds the perks of being at a particular client can be nice.

Cons

Everything is departmentalized. Every group is unaware of what the others are doing. This causes confusion and frustration. Unless you are management you are nothing. You will be told that they work long hours and work long hours you will. If you have a family forget it. You will hardly see them if you plan on getting ahead. Only people who volunteer to shadow the higher level techs get anywhere. And you will not be compensated for all your time.

You need to stop the secrecy and work as a team. Everyone should have the opportunity to learn new things not just depend on another team to do it. You don't learn anything that way.

Has been a great place to work, especially compared to my last job!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer (Field) in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer (Field) in New York, NY

I have been working at Eze Castle Integration full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked at 2 consulting firms prior to Eze, this place is so much better because they aren't making it up as they grow. Processes are a pain but thank god for them, my last place we were running around with our heads cut off. Most of the clients are pretty happy, that wasn't the case at my former employer. Fortunately I know what my day is going to be like almost 100% of the time. The recently hired a new Training person, she is great. Also - shout out to Kerry in HR - she's been awesome as my wife was able to work with her directly for medical questions with the kids.

Cons

Since I am in the field 90% plus of the time, I don't have my own desk/work space, I know real estate is expensive but I would love my own desk.....
    Long hours...

Need more employees, it would be great to get help, especially on all the new projects. Can Christmas party be before Christmas?

Great people. Great place to learn and improve skills. Fast paced. However, a REVOLVING DOOR

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I worked at Eze Castle Integration full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked at EZE for 2 years as a sr. SE The people I worked with made it a great culture and environment to work in. A lot of smart individuals to learn from and training available to improve skills. Fast growing company with a lot of potential. Great place if you are looking for a lot of IT experience and skills as there are a lot to be learned on the job.

Cons

Revolving door. Work / Life balance is a BIG Problem. Company got too big too fast. Of course a lot of growing pains for that growth globally. Management seem to focus more on revenue and not enough of their employees. Seem to be a shift once it got bigger. Career advance opportunity is limited. It seems that to take the next step in your career once you feel you've mastered where you are or want a new career challenge from where you are is nonexistent.
    -Though there is a lot of training available, there's barely time to do them.
    -Always under resourced.
    -Type A personality clients, if you can't deal with that, then it will be a great challenge for you.

Focus and take care of your most valuable asset, your employees (your people) given that the company has experience great success and gotten bigger to reduce the revolving door. There is a reason why Employees at Southwest Airlines don't want to leave their jobs. Take care of the employees and they'll take the initiative to become your ambassador to take care of your company and clients, or else they just work to collect a check and not care about the direction, belief, vision and progress of the company. Eze becomes just a stepping stone in ones career or a pass through to get to a better place. Meaning the employees are using you just like you are using them. Not sure if that's the kind of legacy the company wants to have and establish if you are looking to be around for a VERY LONG TIME.

Account Management

I have been working at Eze Castle Integration

Pros

Great people, good benefits, and access to the management team. A great environment to learn and be challenged everyday.

Cons

Clients can be difficult but that can make your success even more rewarding.

Trust and reward your employees.

Just OK...

I have been working at Eze Castle Integration full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Young coworkers, nice office, good location, benefits are average

Cons

high turnover, mgmt are very difficult, too many egos

listen to your staff.

Friendly co-workers don't make up for everything

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Eze Castle Integration part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Majority of the people that work here are quite friendly so its easy to get comfortable in the office. Had the opportunity to learn a little about the IT world. Beer thursdays were always a plus but that was really the only fun "office oriented" activity.

Cons

Never enough resources for the amount of work that needed to be done. Most people would work past the end of their shift, including myself, simply because there was too much work on everyones plate. Pay was low and there were no bonuses r special incentives offered. Don't bother putting in the extra work after hours, it doesn't exactly get rewarded.

Listen to the people below you. We are the ones speaking with the clients on a day to day basis and we know what they want/need.

Educational but intense

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Eze Castle Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work here are the options for learning and exposure to a variety of scenarios that can help advance your career.

Cons

The culture is not conducive to work/life balance and are not overly competitive when it comes to salaries. They like to hire young and cheap, with a few exceptions. If you like having a life outside of work, that could be challenging. Definitely ask around and make sure this culture is for you before considering a position there.

Management is not supportive or open-minded and the turnover rate is extremely high. They will pull people who have been with the company for many years into interviews to try and show stability but don't be fooled, they are the few of many. If management could learn to truly train and support their people and stop setting them up for failure, there might be some hope but with the same people running the show year after year, that's doubtful.

Larger integrator with structure. But, like any workplace, there's pros and cons.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer (Field) in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer (Field) in New York, NY

I worked at Eze Castle Integration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company overall likes to grow from within. If you've worked at the company for a bit of time and shown that you're at least half competent, they will trust you to take on more duties.

Most everyone is friendly. There's a lot of different departments to deal with which in itself is good to not having do everything under the sun by yourself.

With a company this large, you're always going to be able to find someone to help you with issues or get something done (if you can find them).

Cons

Being that they like to promote from within, the better candidate usually does not get the position if they have less seniority. There's usually a general MO where if you've been at the company longer and semi-competent, you're likely to get the position over someone else more qualified and you have seniority. There's been many cases where they go through the interview process with flying colors and won't get the position -- because they already have in mind whom should get the position. The whole interview process is just to satisfy HR requirements and not get sued. And, in a few cases, because management is non-technical, you could be at the company for 10 years and they'll promote you to anything you want.

Account managers are really non-technical and there was never a plan to either train them (which doesn't work much) or hire more technical account managers. The company is under the impression that they can handle simple communications with clients to explain technical items. Yet, they cannot even pick out what desktop or laptop a client should be quoted when they asking for certain specs.

The sales engineering department has gone down the toilet. Four out of five people in that department know nothing more than desktop support and can't even talk a good technical game.

The helpdesk is even worse because they've gone to being nothing more than picking up the phone and logging a ticket. No one there can troubleshoot anymore and just pass the buck.

Competitive salaries. At every technical position, employees are likely underpaid (imo).

For a IT integrator and probably for most other integrators, anyone in engineering and technical who actually is the one billing time to clients doesn't get much respect from management. Let's give an example ... sales people get taken on a nice 2-3 day 'sales meeting to hash out strategy'. It's nothing more than a drunken get-together at a casino or resort. What do the engineers get at the end of the year ... ? A duffle bag or a fleece blanket ... which everyone else in the company also gets.

Worst company to work for!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Eze Castle Integration full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good location, easily accessible by public transportation
    Good compensation

Cons

Culture reminiscent of high school, very clicky. Male dominated, "old boys club" atmosphere. Very crass and unprofessional. No training or supervision provided. Management spends more time gossiping than working. Ridiculous amounts of mandatory overtime, no work/life balance.

Treat your employees with respect and value what they bring to the table! Insure that new employees receive proper training and guidance.

Eze Castle Integration Photos