Eze Software

Eze Software Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Eze Software Chief Executive Officer Pete Sinisgalli

Pete Sinisgalli

Pros:
  • "Eze is a fantastic place to start your career"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great culture - lots of employee led initiatives e"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "The work/life balance can be better but then again Eze is in the financial services industry"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Sometimes you do work really long hours, but management does take notice"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Still love Eze...miss the old CEO

ProsCulture is great. Growth opportunities are great. Working with some of the smartest people I have ever met. Industry is dynamic. This company continues to GO PLACES!

ConsI think that for a LONG time, Tom Gavin was the heart and soul of Eze. He had a huge following internally and was well liked outside the company, too. I know he had to leave for health and I know that all the rest of his team stayed but I fear for this place a bit now. New guy seems nice but is too low key and too much of an outsider. I'll wait and see.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't overestimate your own impact on the business or underestimate Tom's. A lot of us are taking a watch and wait approach right now to see what happens.

Company with No Integrity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCool building, nice restaurant below the office which had delicious food and great pastries. Coffee and tea is provided - sorry i can't come up with anything else.

ConsThe company has no integrity when it comes to paying vendor bills - The HR dept. is as clueless as a rock. Very sneaky, hiring people behind managers back. changing job descriptions on the 'fly'. The hiring process is out of control with interview after interview after interview - lie to candidates about timing of positions, low ball salary and expected to work long hours without being compensated properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo constructive advice would be appreciated - management is part of the issue. Honestly, what repeatable company doesn't pay vendor bills when the work has already been completed.

High burnout rate and turnover. Underpaid and over worked.

LDP Program (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsDecent bonus structure. Good benefits. Free food and supplies. Some people care, but will soon find out the only light at the end of the tunnel is to join the Eze lifers in middle management.

ConsAwful middle management in LDP program. They will lie about opportunities that don't exist and the role itself will lead to no exit opportunities. There is all this talk about "culture" but talks about raises in pay will get you fired.

High burnout rate and turnover. The review below this one details the pros and cons nicely. Managers in the LDP are arrogant, useless outside of Eze-specific skills, and unwilling to help. Some managers in the LDP literally do nothing, all day, everyday. But they have been at Eze for 7 years and will never get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs a management consulting firm to overall management structure and trim the fat. As
    mentioned is so many of these other reviews, the reviews that boast about "culture" are all fake.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company keeps growing and growing - in a great way

ProsYou are going to be challenged here - I've been with Eze now for a number of years and I've not gotten bored. I appreciate the attention that employees get both in improving their skills in their roles, but also in their ideas, people are willing to listen. While I'm not in a technical role, I've had great opportunities to learn a great deal about the technology we are building and the industry in which we work.

ConsIt is a very demanding environment and it can yield a ton of pressure. A lot of focus has been placed on managers working to consistently improve upon their leadership skills. With the extra attention placed on providing more training opportunities to management, it is going to be interesting to see how people evolve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the ongoing communication with the employees, and keep pushing to better the organization on the whole. The people who choose to work at Eze are very driven, continue to focus on providing inspiration.

Strong company culture, great place to work and grow a career

Business Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAs a transfer from the Leadership Development Program in Boston, I was able to hit the ground running in NY. The company and my team have trusted me with significant responsibility, while at the same time ensuring I have access to the resources and training needed to be successful in this consulting role.

Eze has a strong culture, both in and out of the office. This is evident with how the office is set up, allowing consultants access to managers/directors/managing directors in consulting, but also to the sales team who we work with closely. Eze also encourages participation in a variety of committees (charitable and social), as well as sponsoring teams for sports leagues out of the office. Beer time on Fridays is also a plus.

ConsWork/life balance can be a challenge as clients are very demanding, leading to not-ideal work hours at times. Management has been pushing through a number of initiatives over the last year to address some of these concerns; floating holidays, more responsibility on managers to get their consultants out on time, off-loading work to other teams. This looks to be trending in a better direction and hopefully continues to do so.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in employees, and identify work/life balance opportunities

Breadth of Knowledge in Software and Customer Service.

ProsEverybody's opinions/idea/strategies count. Variety of challenges that keep the job interesting. You have the ability to create your own solutions.

ConsWould like to see more entry level jobs within all departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteresting challenges ahead. Keep up the good work. The strategy is sound, but we need to choose the right customers to focus on.

This is the worst company to work for.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsFree fruits and beer. No learning. Managers are asked to see these review and post with counter and colorful wording.

ConsManagement is awful, all personal and mangers use bad language towards others. Some top manager and employees are buddy buddy and do not let others to shine or work. These are louthers and scrums. They talks about culture but never describes it. People are not technical but they think they are and have no idea about the other companies. Development is all but bully and auger coding.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish few of them just works them shelves out.

Company on the rise

Pros-Good corporate culture
    -Quality benefits
    -Fair compensation
    -Company headed in right direction

Cons-Could have better 401k program

A software/services centric company with colorful cultures

Senior/Lead Developer (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsThis is a dynamic mid-sided company with constant upright growth over the past decades, even during the financial crisis. With a good business model the company managed to be competitive and steady growth both in revenue and headcount. The people consists of multiple-country culture around the world. It cares about its employees, and others in the society that are less fortunate, with charity funds. New technology is consistently explored, and innovations are encouraged. A very good place for a new grad to grow. Work/life balance is also well sustained, unlike some other reviews.
    Most of the mid-level management are from promotions, so everyone has the chance to have a clear path for their future career. Unlike some other reviews complaining about the managers who were developers, I feel this is a Pro instead of Con.

Consmore flexible working schedule for the development group. Better recognition of valuable persons.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecent years there were some lost of people, either by leaving voluntaries or letting goes. Some good people left for better opportunities, and some people are not recognized well. The management should reach out to valuable people more proactively. Real valuable people are something that you cannot afford losing.

Strong work culture, great place to learn a lot and make a difference

Boston, MA

ProsI love the people I work with, there is strong sense of community here. I have heard our culture and people to be described as "scrappy" - I kinda like it. To me it means we are resourceful and creative thinkers and that every person can make a difference.

ConsThe hours can be long but I understand the greater good that its for.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep an open mind, change for many of us is not easy but thanks for listening!

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eze Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eze Software CEO Pete Sinisgalli. All 85 reviews posted anonymously by Eze Software employees.