Eze Software

Eze Software Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Eze Software Chief Executive Officer Pete Sinisgalli

Pete Sinisgalli

Pros
  • Great culture - lots of employee led initiatives e(in 9 reviews)

• Eze is a fantastic place to start your career(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance can be better but then again Eze is in the financial services industry(in 13 reviews)

• Sometimes you do work really long hours, but management does take notice(in 7 reviews)

Let's get real

Hard Worker (Current Employee)

ProsThese reviews are just plain silly. First off, the new CEO just started in May. How can you give him a negative rating? Is it fair to give anyone a negative rating on their performance after working somewhere for two months? Never mind a CEO role where you are in charge of the whole company, not just developing a widget. Second, the old CEO was awesome. Why not just give him props and give the new CEO a chance to do something before drawing conclusions?

Second, this company is a place that demands a lot from the people that work here. I have high expectations of myself and those on my team and other teams. I have respect for myself and pride in the work I do. I'm sure some parts of every job are less fun than others. Maybe that is why they call it a job and not a hobby or vacation. If you aren't willing to work hard, leave. Don't complain by hiding behind a glassdoor post and stay. If you think something is wrong, tell HR. That is what they are there for.

Third, this is a company, not a charity. If you want a paycheck be willing to work for it. The goal is to provide software and support to clients and get paid for doing so. Not to give people cushy 9-5 jobs where they work half the day and surf the Internet the other half.

Finally, (and I can go on and on after reading these posts) I've worked here for a while now and know this isn't the right place for everyone. That doesn't mean it's a bad place. It's just not a place that everyone wants to, is willing to or can work at the level they expect. I like the fact the day flies by because I'm super busy. Clock punchers need not apply.

ConsCommunication from the top levels to the people doing the work can be better. In this digital age people want information at the speed of light. Use twitter or the intranet page or some other instantaneous means of communication to get info out to people in realtime. We get too many emails.

Advice to Senior ManagementI very much enjoy coming to work every day and have been getting frustrated with all the silly posts about how bad some people say it is. Those people will probably complain about the next company they work for, and the next and the next. My advice is not to management but to the people reading these posts. Find out for yourself what this company is about. Don't rely only on anonymous people slinging mud from behind a keyboard. Some of these post are fair but some are just plain silly. I assume most intelligent people know this already.

To Management, keep listening to employees. Thank you for changing the work dress to casual dress. Thank you for the bonus you give each year and the 40% 401k match. As the company grows you will need to change things instead of trying to keeping them as they were. It's fine. Better than the company shrinking due to poor performance.

Nice place

Software Developer (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

Pros1. Very young and smart peoples, great cultures.
    2. Clear career path.
    3. Senior management people are listening and responding to employee opinion.
    4. New causal dressing code for non-client facing positions.
    5. Free fruit, drinks, coffee, snacks. Wednesday bagels and Friday beers.

Cons1. Work-life balance could be better, but again, it is a financial industry.
    2. Compensation is low compares to other companies, but with decent benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am currently neutral to the new CEO due to he works for only 2 months so far, some positive changes are affecting. But like others said, don't take out the good parts what previous CEO build.

Agree with previous reviewer

Software Development (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsCulture. Smart people. Good growth as a business and for people's careers.

ConsLong time CEO left. People are bummed. New guy seems nice but less passion and energy. Pros still win out over the cons because the company is big enough and other senior managers are still here.

Advice to Senior ManagementSame as last review. Don't take silence about CEO change as happiness about CEO change. Nobody is mad at Tom (health is health) but it's still weird with him gone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Still love Eze...miss the old CEO

ProsCulture is great. Growth opportunities are great. Working with some of the smartest people I have ever met. Industry is dynamic. This company continues to GO PLACES!

ConsI think that for a LONG time, Tom Gavin was the heart and soul of Eze. He had a huge following internally and was well liked outside the company, too. I know he had to leave for health and I know that all the rest of his team stayed but I fear for this place a bit now. New guy seems nice but is too low key and too much of an outsider. I'll wait and see.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't overestimate your own impact on the business or underestimate Tom's. A lot of us are taking a watch and wait approach right now to see what happens.

Company with No Integrity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCool building, nice restaurant below the office which had delicious food and great pastries. Coffee and tea is provided - sorry i can't come up with anything else.

ConsThe company has no integrity when it comes to paying vendor bills - The HR dept. is as clueless as a rock. Very sneaky, hiring people behind managers back. changing job descriptions on the 'fly'. The hiring process is out of control with interview after interview after interview - lie to candidates about timing of positions, low ball salary and expected to work long hours without being compensated properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo constructive advice would be appreciated - management is part of the issue. Honestly, what repeatable company doesn't pay vendor bills when the work has already been completed.

Company keeps growing and growing - in a great way

ProsYou are going to be challenged here - I've been with Eze now for a number of years and I've not gotten bored. I appreciate the attention that employees get both in improving their skills in their roles, but also in their ideas, people are willing to listen. While I'm not in a technical role, I've had great opportunities to learn a great deal about the technology we are building and the industry in which we work.

ConsIt is a very demanding environment and it can yield a ton of pressure. A lot of focus has been placed on managers working to consistently improve upon their leadership skills. With the extra attention placed on providing more training opportunities to management, it is going to be interesting to see how people evolve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the ongoing communication with the employees, and keep pushing to better the organization on the whole. The people who choose to work at Eze are very driven, continue to focus on providing inspiration.

High burnout rate and turnover. Underpaid and over worked.

LDP Program (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsDecent bonus structure. Good benefits. Free food and supplies. Some people care, but will soon find out the only light at the end of the tunnel is to join the Eze lifers in middle management.

ConsAwful middle management in LDP program. They will lie about opportunities that don't exist and the role itself will lead to no exit opportunities. There is all this talk about "culture" but talks about raises in pay will get you fired.

High burnout rate and turnover. The review below this one details the pros and cons nicely. Managers in the LDP are arrogant, useless outside of Eze-specific skills, and unwilling to help. Some managers in the LDP literally do nothing, all day, everyday. But they have been at Eze for 7 years and will never get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs a management consulting firm to overall management structure and trim the fat. As
    mentioned is so many of these other reviews, the reviews that boast about "culture" are all fake.

This is the worst company to work for.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFree fruits and beer. No learning. Managers are asked to see these review and post with counter and colorful wording.

ConsManagement is awful, all personal and mangers use bad language towards others. Some top manager and employees are buddy buddy and do not let others to shine or work. These are louthers and scrums. They talks about culture but never describes it. People are not technical but they think they are and have no idea about the other companies. Development is all but bully and auger coding.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish few of them just works them shelves out.

Strong company culture, great place to work and grow a career

Business Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAs a transfer from the Leadership Development Program in Boston, I was able to hit the ground running in NY. The company and my team have trusted me with significant responsibility, while at the same time ensuring I have access to the resources and training needed to be successful in this consulting role.

Eze has a strong culture, both in and out of the office. This is evident with how the office is set up, allowing consultants access to managers/directors/managing directors in consulting, but also to the sales team who we work with closely. Eze also encourages participation in a variety of committees (charitable and social), as well as sponsoring teams for sports leagues out of the office. Beer time on Fridays is also a plus.

ConsWork/life balance can be a challenge as clients are very demanding, leading to not-ideal work hours at times. Management has been pushing through a number of initiatives over the last year to address some of these concerns; floating holidays, more responsibility on managers to get their consultants out on time, off-loading work to other teams. This looks to be trending in a better direction and hopefully continues to do so.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in employees, and identify work/life balance opportunities

Breadth of Knowledge in Software and Customer Service.

ProsEverybody's opinions/idea/strategies count. Variety of challenges that keep the job interesting. You have the ability to create your own solutions.

ConsWould like to see more entry level jobs within all departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteresting challenges ahead. Keep up the good work. The strategy is sound, but we need to choose the right customers to focus on.

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!