Eze Software Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.6

Eze Software Chief Executive Officer Pete Sinisgalli
Pete Sinisgalli

Pros
  • Great culture - lots of employee led initiatives e (in 9 reviews)

• Eze is a fantastic place to start your career (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance can be better but then again Eze is in the financial services industry (in 14 reviews)

• Sometimes you do work really long hours, but management does take notice (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Nice place

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Very young and smart peoples, great cultures.
    2. Clear career path.
    3. Senior management people are listening and responding to employee opinion.
    4. New causal dressing code for non-client facing positions.
    5. Free fruit, drinks, coffee, snacks. Wednesday bagels and Friday beers.

Cons

1. Work-life balance could be better, but again, it is a financial industry.
    2. Compensation is low compares to other companies, but with decent benefits.

I am currently neutral to the new CEO due to he works for only 2 months so far, some positive changes are affecting. But like others said, don't take out the good parts what previous CEO build.

Let's get real

Current Employee - Hard Worker
    Current Employee - Hard Worker

I have been working at Eze Software full-time

Pros

These reviews are just plain silly. First off, the new CEO just started in May. How can you give him a negative rating? Is it fair to give anyone a negative rating on their performance after working somewhere for two months? Never mind a CEO role where you are in charge of the whole company, not just developing a widget. Second, the old CEO was awesome. Why not just give him props and give the new CEO a chance to do something before drawing conclusions?

Second, this company is a place that demands a lot from the people that work here. I have high expectations of myself and those on my team and other teams. I have respect for myself and pride in the work I do. I'm sure some parts of every job are less fun than others. Maybe that is why they call it a job and not a hobby or vacation. If you aren't willing to work hard, leave. Don't complain by hiding behind a glassdoor post and stay. If you think something is wrong, tell HR. That is what they are there for.

Third, this is a company, not a charity. If you want a paycheck be willing to work for it. The goal is to provide software and support to clients and get paid for doing so. Not to give people cushy 9-5 jobs where they work half the day and surf the Internet the other half.

Finally, (and I can go on and on after reading these posts) I've worked here for a while now and know this isn't the right place for everyone. That doesn't mean it's a bad place. It's just not a place that everyone wants to, is willing to or can work at the level they expect. I like the fact the day flies by because I'm super busy. Clock punchers need not apply.

Cons

Communication from the top levels to the people doing the work can be better. In this digital age people want information at the speed of light. Use twitter or the intranet page or some other instantaneous means of communication to get info out to people in realtime. We get too many emails.

I very much enjoy coming to work every day and have been getting frustrated with all the silly posts about how bad some people say it is. Those people will probably complain about the next company they work for, and the next and the next. My advice is not to management but to the people reading these posts. Find out for yourself what this company is about. Don't rely only on anonymous people slinging mud from behind a keyboard. Some of these post are fair but some are just plain silly. I assume most intelligent people know this already.

To Management, keep listening to employees. Thank you for changing the work dress to casual dress. Thank you for the bonus you give each year and the 40% 401k match. As the company grows you will need to change things instead of trying to keeping them as they were. It's fine. Better than the company shrinking due to poor performance.

Strong company culture, great place to work and grow a career

Current Employee - Business Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a transfer from the Leadership Development Program in Boston, I was able to hit the ground running in NY. The company and my team have trusted me with significant responsibility, while at the same time ensuring I have access to the resources and training needed to be successful in this consulting role.

Eze has a strong culture, both in and out of the office. This is evident with how the office is set up, allowing consultants access to managers/directors/managing directors in consulting, but also to the sales team who we work with closely. Eze also encourages participation in a variety of committees (charitable and social), as well as sponsoring teams for sports leagues out of the office. Beer time on Fridays is also a plus.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a challenge as clients are very demanding, leading to not-ideal work hours at times. Management has been pushing through a number of initiatives over the last year to address some of these concerns; floating holidays, more responsibility on managers to get their consultants out on time, off-loading work to other teams. This looks to be trending in a better direction and hopefully continues to do so.

Continue investing in employees, and identify work/life balance opportunities

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good first job

Current Employee - Deployment Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Deployment Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyable atmosphere and a good place to begin your career. Surrounded by good managers and hard working employees.

Cons

Hours can be long with no additional compensation. Little visibility between teams

Great Company with lot of Scope to grow

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly management, flexible timings, straight forward project decisions without any behind the bush run.

Cons

Have not come across so far.. don't anticipate in future too

Great management

Smart management. Growing company. Great place to work.

I have been working at Eze Software full-time

Pros

Management knows what they are doing, while at the same time they make the effort to listen to and incorporate employee feedback into the daily operations of the company. While there isn't room for every single employee to advance and rise up the ranks, every effort is made to maintain good talent and make opportunities available to them.

Culture is key... "improvement committee"... "charity committee"... sports teams... social hours... nights out... etc... Folks are very active in keeping it an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

As the company grows, as much as management tries to keep the small company feel, there is a natural separation of upper management from the masses. And while opportunities do open for people to advance and improve their careers, there does become a log-jam in certain areas and folks do get forced out (by their own choice, to make more money elsewhere, for example).

Keep doing what you are doing.

Eze is a great place to work and a true meritocracy. If you do your job well, you will be rewarded accordingly.

Current Employee - QA Analyst
    Current Employee - QA Analyst

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Eze is a fantastic place to start your career. They do a great job of investing in and helping young promising employees grow. If you are willing to put in the work and show you truly add value, you WILL be rewarded. The QA program, despite other bad reviews, does not live up to the fear, terror and abuse that some reviews on this site portray. There seems to be some bad apple(s) who felt they were entitled to things they did not earn and found this website as a logical place to vent their frustrations. Yes it is an entry level role, yes at some point you will have to do some things you don't want to do, but that is a part of beginning your career and certainly not something exclusive to Eze. My time in QA was enjoyable overall and outside of some infrequent and dire circumstances, believe the hours and pay were more than fair.

Cons

Eze has been growing rapidly over the last few years and the company has struggled to hire at the same rate. As most of the company's employees have been promoted from within, this has a "trickle-up" effect that has left some of the consulting teams very short staffed. It gives employees the opportunity to move up quickly but also has the negative side-effect of inexperienced people having too much responsibility. Management has noticed and is working hard to keep people happy, but needs to either better prioritize hiring or rethink their hiring requirements.

Keep working hard to retain valuable employees and prioritize hiring

Eze is a Great Place to Be!

Current Employee - G&A  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - G&A in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Probably one of the best parts about Eze is the opportunity for growth and advancement. I always feel like I'm able to take on more responsibility and learn new things. It's definitely challenging, but its very rewarding and hard work is always recognized.

Cons

I think Eze is a place where there will always be change; not necessarily a bad thing just the nature of the company and constantly wanting to evolve and improve. Its a challenge, but a lot of fun to be a part of. Its about learning how to go with it and adapt to it. The changes have been for the better and in my role given me a ton more to do and learn.

Keep putting employees first and recognizing their hard work. Its awesome to see that the management team actual listens to employees here and makes changes for the better.

wonderful learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Eze Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Eze Software Group boasts strong, experienced, management and a highly profitable business model. They employ a mix of highly skilled software engineers and young intelligent talent to fill out the the client service roles dealing with extremely demanding fund managers.

Cons

One glaring downside that comes with working at Eze Software Group is that the company is so 'young', age-wise. When your bosses are in their early thirties, it sometimes stifles upward mobility so you may find yourself looking elsewhere after a few years of developing a strong base within the financial services software industry.

More transparency

Great Role, Great Team

Current Employee - Business Consultant
    Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Been at Eze for over two years and came up through the leadership development program. As a consultant, I've begun to realize how the training program really prepared me for the role. Team is great and I've gotten a lot of product and industry knowledge.

Cons

Initially, I didn't understand how the training program was going to help me in the long run. It seemed very technical and Eze product specific at time, but it has paid off.

Keep listening to employees, recent initiatives are great to see.

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!