Eze Software Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.6

Eze Software Chief Executive Officer Pete Sinisgalli
Pete Sinisgalli

Pros
  • Great culture - lots of employee led initiatives e (in 9 reviews)

• Eze is a fantastic place to start your career (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance can be better but then again Eze is in the financial services industry (in 14 reviews)

• Sometimes you do work really long hours, but management does take notice (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Strong company culture, great place to work and grow a career

Current Employee - Business Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a transfer from the Leadership Development Program in Boston, I was able to hit the ground running in NY. The company and my team have trusted me with significant responsibility, while at the same time ensuring I have access to the resources and training needed to be successful in this consulting role.

Eze has a strong culture, both in and out of the office. This is evident with how the office is set up, allowing consultants access to managers/directors/managing directors in consulting, but also to the sales team who we work with closely. Eze also encourages participation in a variety of committees (charitable and social), as well as sponsoring teams for sports leagues out of the office. Beer time on Fridays is also a plus.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a challenge as clients are very demanding, leading to not-ideal work hours at times. Management has been pushing through a number of initiatives over the last year to address some of these concerns; floating holidays, more responsibility on managers to get their consultants out on time, off-loading work to other teams. This looks to be trending in a better direction and hopefully continues to do so.

Continue investing in employees, and identify work/life balance opportunities

Breadth of Knowledge in Software and Customer Service.

I have been working at Eze Software full-time

Pros

Everybody's opinions/idea/strategies count. Variety of challenges that keep the job interesting. You have the ability to create your own solutions.

Cons

Would like to see more entry level jobs within all departments.

Interesting challenges ahead. Keep up the good work. The strategy is sound, but we need to choose the right customers to focus on.

Company on the rise

I have been working at Eze Software full-time

Pros

-Good corporate culture
    -Quality benefits
    -Fair compensation
    -Company headed in right direction

Cons

-Could have better 401k program

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A software/services centric company with colorful cultures

Current Employee - Senior/Lead Developer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior/Lead Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This is a dynamic mid-sided company with constant upright growth over the past decades, even during the financial crisis. With a good business model the company managed to be competitive and steady growth both in revenue and headcount. The people consists of multiple-country culture around the world. It cares about its employees, and others in the society that are less fortunate, with charity funds. New technology is consistently explored, and innovations are encouraged. A very good place for a new grad to grow. Work/life balance is also well sustained, unlike some other reviews.
    Most of the mid-level management are from promotions, so everyone has the chance to have a clear path for their future career. Unlike some other reviews complaining about the managers who were developers, I feel this is a Pro instead of Con.

Cons

more flexible working schedule for the development group. Better recognition of valuable persons.

Recent years there were some lost of people, either by leaving voluntaries or letting goes. Some good people left for better opportunities, and some people are not recognized well. The management should reach out to valuable people more proactively. Real valuable people are something that you cannot afford losing.

Strong work culture, great place to learn a lot and make a difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the people I work with, there is strong sense of community here. I have heard our culture and people to be described as "scrappy" - I kinda like it. To me it means we are resourceful and creative thinkers and that every person can make a difference.

Cons

The hours can be long but I understand the greater good that its for.

Continue to keep an open mind, change for many of us is not easy but thanks for listening!

Very good first job

Current Employee - Deployment Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Deployment Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyable atmosphere and a good place to begin your career. Surrounded by good managers and hard working employees.

Cons

Hours can be long with no additional compensation. Little visibility between teams

Good place to start and grow as well

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

growing company, good growth opportunities, perks, and great benefits on sponsoring industry certificates (CFA, FRM,etc)

Cons

some teams/managers may not be as good; may not be a perfect place for a pure technical guy

as size gets bigger, don't reduce benefits

Great Company with lot of Scope to grow

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly management, flexible timings, straight forward project decisions without any behind the bush run.

Cons

Have not come across so far.. don't anticipate in future too

Great management

"Just OK" sums up my feelings.

Current Employee - Developer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fairly competitive salary, good benefits, lots on onsite perks. Good management and work culture.

Cons

Long hours and the expectation that you put in 60 hour weeks, unclear promotion/compensation scale, management is promoted largely on a tenure scale and less on leading abilities, company is so thin right now that everyone will burn out in a few years if changes aren't made.

Hire more people, stop stretching us so thin. If you expect us to give up our free time and families then compensate us for that loss.

These reviews are hilarious....

I worked at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice offices, (mostly) nice people who are pretty cool, good sense of general motivation, they recruit top candidates (although struggle to retain them), a top financial services company. The reviews on this site are clearly all biased and either submitted by employees who have been fired (the one star reviews) or HR (the five star glowing reviews). Eze is a little of both - yes, the recruiting process is a little misleading as this is not a "finance" job, but the name of the company should clue you into that - this is a SOFTWARE company. I'm not sure why so many people can't figure that out. There seems to be many people hired with little to no software skills which is frustrating to much of the company - it can be annoying to teach someone at a software company what a SQL database is and how that is different than C# code. If you're willing to learn the software-side of things (and software isn't incredibly hard to learn), you'll be fine. The developers are, on the whole, very talented and willing to go the extra mile. The consultants, however, are a pretty miserable folk because their job is pretty awful. The GTS and QA folk treat the office like a frat house since their jobs do not require that much skill or innovation, although some are extremely bright and talented. They probably should have looked elsewhere for a starting job. The sales folk are hilarious and great at their jobs - sales is probably the high point of Eze, even if it isn't that difficult (the OMS sells itself - most funds get it for compliance reasons AKA they HAVE to get it).

Cons

EXIT OPPORTUNITIES. For the most part, exit opportunities are limited, which is the biggest disadvantage of Eze. You spend a lot of time learning the product and less time gaining skills you can apply to other jobs. Most consultants ultimately move to an ops or systems support role at a hedge fund, which are, in the eyes of the front-office folks at these funds, "b!tch jobs." I had a unique tenure at Eze and had visibility into several divisions of the company. While the "pros" section relates mostly to development, this "cons" section is to the "business" side of the company. The consultants are, on the whole, miserable people because their job is awful. They are tech support for the software and their clients are a-holes; I've never seen people be abused like they are. The GTS and QA folk seem to be motivated to become consultants, but would be better of in product management, which is a much better job.

Overall, Eze is a 2.5 star company - it produces good products and has skilled developers and sales people (4-5 stars) and decent product management, but the rest of the company is pretty rotten (consulting, GTS, QA). I give it 2 stars since there are more people in these bad roles than there are people in good roles, so the company trends downward. I would avoid if you are on this "business" track (based on the caliber of people they hire, you can do better) but suggest if you are on the development or sales side (or PM, but I don't think they hire externally).

Hire software people for your software company.

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!