Eze Software Reviews

Updated August 6, 2014
3.6

Eze Software Chief Executive Officer Pete Sinisgalli
Pete Sinisgalli

Pros
  • Great culture - lots of employee led initiatives e (in 9 reviews)

• Eze is a fantastic place to start your career (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance can be better but then again Eze is in the financial services industry (in 14 reviews)

• Sometimes you do work really long hours, but management does take notice (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Former Employee

Former Employee - QA Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None that I can really think of, salaries are ok, benefits are average, most people are nice to work with.

Cons

Forget about using any new technologies or introducing them it just won't be tolerated.
    They own Zero intellectual property e.g. if they can't build it buy it.
    The entire company is run like a financial sales company but it s Software company.
    When you think about working environment, think trading house.
    When it comes to development tools think 1990
    When it come to QA it's non-existent, that's not to say they don't have any QA just that QA turnover is HIGH (75%) so development ends up providing QA.

Leave, but seriously I know its all about creating Sales reps but stop leaching from QA.Stop and hiring people with ZERO software experience. Manage the company not the divisions.

Eze is a Great Place to Be!

Current Employee - G&A  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - G&A in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Probably one of the best parts about Eze is the opportunity for growth and advancement. I always feel like I'm able to take on more responsibility and learn new things. It's definitely challenging, but its very rewarding and hard work is always recognized.

Cons

I think Eze is a place where there will always be change; not necessarily a bad thing just the nature of the company and constantly wanting to evolve and improve. Its a challenge, but a lot of fun to be a part of. Its about learning how to go with it and adapt to it. The changes have been for the better and in my role given me a ton more to do and learn.

Keep putting employees first and recognizing their hard work. Its awesome to see that the management team actual listens to employees here and makes changes for the better.

Eze is a great place to work and a true meritocracy. If you do your job well, you will be rewarded accordingly.

Current Employee - QA Analyst
    Current Employee - QA Analyst

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Eze is a fantastic place to start your career. They do a great job of investing in and helping young promising employees grow. If you are willing to put in the work and show you truly add value, you WILL be rewarded. The QA program, despite other bad reviews, does not live up to the fear, terror and abuse that some reviews on this site portray. There seems to be some bad apple(s) who felt they were entitled to things they did not earn and found this website as a logical place to vent their frustrations. Yes it is an entry level role, yes at some point you will have to do some things you don't want to do, but that is a part of beginning your career and certainly not something exclusive to Eze. My time in QA was enjoyable overall and outside of some infrequent and dire circumstances, believe the hours and pay were more than fair.

Cons

Eze has been growing rapidly over the last few years and the company has struggled to hire at the same rate. As most of the company's employees have been promoted from within, this has a "trickle-up" effect that has left some of the consulting teams very short staffed. It gives employees the opportunity to move up quickly but also has the negative side-effect of inexperienced people having too much responsibility. Management has noticed and is working hard to keep people happy, but needs to either better prioritize hiring or rethink their hiring requirements.

Keep working hard to retain valuable employees and prioritize hiring

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Role, Great Team

Current Employee - Business Consultant
    Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Been at Eze for over two years and came up through the leadership development program. As a consultant, I've begun to realize how the training program really prepared me for the role. Team is great and I've gotten a lot of product and industry knowledge.

Cons

Initially, I didn't understand how the training program was going to help me in the long run. It seemed very technical and Eze product specific at time, but it has paid off.

Keep listening to employees, recent initiatives are great to see.

wonderful learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Eze Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Eze Software Group boasts strong, experienced, management and a highly profitable business model. They employ a mix of highly skilled software engineers and young intelligent talent to fill out the the client service roles dealing with extremely demanding fund managers.

Cons

One glaring downside that comes with working at Eze Software Group is that the company is so 'young', age-wise. When your bosses are in their early thirties, it sometimes stifles upward mobility so you may find yourself looking elsewhere after a few years of developing a strong base within the financial services software industry.

More transparency

Good company run by people who care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is good, advancement is good if you are strong (although after 4-5 years, you may plateau if you are not the best), most management does care (everyone I have met cares although I have heard from others about less than spectacular experiences).

Cons

Work life balance is not the best - it is not a 9-5 job, but they are open about that and doing things to improve work life balance.

As far as the Glassdoor feedback on this website, I know management cares and is looking into this. Every piece of feedback is listened to and looked into.

Awesome Company to work for!

Former Employee - Software Development Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Eze Software full-time

Pros

Latest technology, lots of scope for learning

Cons

Little bit complicated design of the system, bit of a learning curve for newbies

Moving fast and exciting opportunities ahead

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time

Pros

I've been at Eze for awhile now across several different groups within the company. There have definitely been some challenging times over the past few years as Eze was under the ConvergEx umbrella for a while but now is part of Eze Software Group.

It's only been a few months since the start of the new company, but already, one can feel the difference. A newly charged passion within the teams and senior management. It's as if Eze is back in its wheelhouse as a software and serivice company moving mountains in the fin tech space. Some very cutting-edge products and initiatives in the works. Communication across the company is becoming much more transparent and there's a real sense of community that's taking hold.

Cons

Deadlines are tight and senior management expects A LOT from managers within the company.

Keep up the passion, but remember to recognize the tremendous effort that everyone puts into their work.

Eze Rocked --- And Beware There Are Two Known "Mad Ex Employees" Repeat Posting Out of Spite!

I worked at Eze Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Eze for a few years after college and although it was challenging, I loved the place. As did the vast majority of my colleagues. I left only because I went back to school (and, incidentally, I got into a top b-school BECAUSE everyone at Eze from the CEO down SUPPORTED me and helped me get in!). Recently I saw another member of my analyst class and they told me about one of our co-workers who left after not making the grade and who has, since then, posted MULTIPLE ridiculous postings on this site. I'd advise people looking at the negative postings to pay attention to some repeated (despite being unique) phrasology in some of them. Come on --- let's make this site useful for what it is supposed to be useful for. Giving people REAL reviews of the pros and cons of a company!

Pros of Eze --- fantastic people-driven culture. Challenging work and great industry. There is a reason that this place has grown like gangbusters EVERY year since it opened and yet it is still perenially named a Best Place To Work and all that stuff.

Cons

No place is perfect. Eze's challenges are that it is so darn successful at growing and also so darn successful hiring super smart people. It means you always have hungry people chomping at the bit to grow and always have opportunities for them to grow into. But sometimes Eze ends up promoting people almost TOO fast because they open new regions, teams, and things like that. I think that more hands on training for junior managers is needed. But that's not a major knock. Just a suggestion. I think work/life balance can get tough sometimes because of that growth but i know management is always trying new things and rolling out new programs and ideas (part of why this place works...they keep changing and innovating their culture with the times).

Keep up changing and innovating the culture as you get bigger. It works but keep watching it. And definitely try to do more training for junior managers. Lots of brain power. Lots of good people at the SENIOR levels. But you need to make sure those junior managers get coached.

Great to start...not to last

I worked at Eze Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some excellent people there to work with. Great place to learn and get started on a career

Cons

No chance for advancement. Work-life balance is a little off. Formerly a cool startup environment feel has unfortunately transformed into a corporate grind environment.

Not too much to advise I guess...

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!