Eze Software Reviews

Updated March 7, 2015
112 reviews filtered by

These reviews are hilarious....

I worked at Eze Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice offices, (mostly) nice people who are pretty cool, good sense of general motivation, they recruit top candidates (although struggle to retain them), a top financial services company. The reviews on this site are clearly all biased and either submitted by employees who have been fired (the one star reviews) or HR (the five star glowing reviews). Eze is a little of both - yes, the recruiting process is a little misleading as this is not a "finance" job, but the name of the company should clue you into that - this is a SOFTWARE company. I'm not sure why so many people can't figure that out. There seems to be many people hired with little to no software skills which is frustrating to much of the company - it can be annoying to teach someone at a software company what a SQL database is and how that is different than C# code. If you're willing to learn the software-side of things (and software isn't incredibly hard to learn), you'll be fine. The developers are, on the whole, very talented and willing to go the extra mile. The consultants, however, are a pretty miserable folk because their job is pretty awful. The GTS and QA folk treat the office like a frat house since their jobs do not require that much skill or innovation, although some are extremely bright and talented. They probably should have looked elsewhere for a starting job. The sales folk are hilarious and great at their jobs - sales is probably the high point of Eze, even if it isn't that difficult (the OMS sells itself - most funds get it for compliance reasons AKA they HAVE to get it).

Cons

EXIT OPPORTUNITIES. For the most part, exit opportunities are limited, which is the biggest disadvantage of Eze. You spend a lot of time learning the product and less time gaining skills you can apply to other jobs. Most consultants ultimately move to an ops or systems support role at a hedge fund, which are, in the eyes of the front-office folks at these funds, "b!tch jobs." I had a unique tenure at Eze and had visibility into several divisions of the company. While the "pros" section relates mostly to development, this "cons" section is to the "business" side of the company. The consultants are, on the whole, miserable people because their job is awful. They are tech support for the software and their clients are a-holes; I've never seen people be abused like they are. The GTS and QA folk seem to be motivated to become consultants, but would be better of in product management, which is a much better job.

Overall, Eze is a 2.5 star company - it produces good products and has skilled developers and sales people (4-5 stars) and decent product management, but the rest of the company is pretty rotten (consulting, GTS, QA). I give it 2 stars since there are more people in these bad roles than there are people in good roles, so the company trends downward. I would avoid if you are on this "business" track (based on the caliber of people they hire, you can do better) but suggest if you are on the development or sales side (or PM, but I don't think they hire externally).

Hire software people for your software company.

Smart management. Growing company. Great place to work.

I have been working at Eze Software full-time

Pros

Management knows what they are doing, while at the same time they make the effort to listen to and incorporate employee feedback into the daily operations of the company. While there isn't room for every single employee to advance and rise up the ranks, every effort is made to maintain good talent and make opportunities available to them.

Culture is key... "improvement committee"... "charity committee"... sports teams... social hours... nights out... etc... Folks are very active in keeping it an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

As the company grows, as much as management tries to keep the small company feel, there is a natural separation of upper management from the masses. And while opportunities do open for people to advance and improve their careers, there does become a log-jam in certain areas and folks do get forced out (by their own choice, to make more money elsewhere, for example).

Keep doing what you are doing.

Nice company

I have been working at Eze Software

Pros

Nice working environment and nice colleagues

Cons

Small company with more subsidiaries than required.

N/A

Former Employee

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Eze Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can really think of, salaries are ok, benefits are average, most people are nice to work with.

Cons

Forget about using any new technologies or introducing them it just won't be tolerated.
    They own Zero intellectual property e.g. if they can't build it buy it.
    The entire company is run like a financial sales company but it s Software company.
    When you think about working environment, think trading house.
    When it comes to development tools think 1990
    When it come to QA it's non-existent, that's not to say they don't have any QA just that QA turnover is HIGH (75%) so development ends up providing QA.

Leave, but seriously I know its all about creating Sales reps but stop leaching from QA.Stop and hiring people with ZERO software experience. Manage the company not the divisions.

Eze is a great place to work and a true meritocracy. If you do your job well, you will be rewarded accordingly.

Current Employee - QA Analyst
    Current Employee - QA Analyst

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Eze is a fantastic place to start your career. They do a great job of investing in and helping young promising employees grow. If you are willing to put in the work and show you truly add value, you WILL be rewarded. The QA program, despite other bad reviews, does not live up to the fear, terror and abuse that some reviews on this site portray. There seems to be some bad apple(s) who felt they were entitled to things they did not earn and found this website as a logical place to vent their frustrations. Yes it is an entry level role, yes at some point you will have to do some things you don't want to do, but that is a part of beginning your career and certainly not something exclusive to Eze. My time in QA was enjoyable overall and outside of some infrequent and dire circumstances, believe the hours and pay were more than fair.

Cons

Eze has been growing rapidly over the last few years and the company has struggled to hire at the same rate. As most of the company's employees have been promoted from within, this has a "trickle-up" effect that has left some of the consulting teams very short staffed. It gives employees the opportunity to move up quickly but also has the negative side-effect of inexperienced people having too much responsibility. Management has noticed and is working hard to keep people happy, but needs to either better prioritize hiring or rethink their hiring requirements.

Keep working hard to retain valuable employees and prioritize hiring

Eze is a Great Place to Be!

Current Employee - G&A in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - G&A in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Probably one of the best parts about Eze is the opportunity for growth and advancement. I always feel like I'm able to take on more responsibility and learn new things. It's definitely challenging, but its very rewarding and hard work is always recognized.

Cons

I think Eze is a place where there will always be change; not necessarily a bad thing just the nature of the company and constantly wanting to evolve and improve. Its a challenge, but a lot of fun to be a part of. Its about learning how to go with it and adapt to it. The changes have been for the better and in my role given me a ton more to do and learn.

Keep putting employees first and recognizing their hard work. Its awesome to see that the management team actual listens to employees here and makes changes for the better.

wonderful learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Eze Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Eze Software Group boasts strong, experienced, management and a highly profitable business model. They employ a mix of highly skilled software engineers and young intelligent talent to fill out the the client service roles dealing with extremely demanding fund managers.

Cons

One glaring downside that comes with working at Eze Software Group is that the company is so 'young', age-wise. When your bosses are in their early thirties, it sometimes stifles upward mobility so you may find yourself looking elsewhere after a few years of developing a strong base within the financial services software industry.

More transparency

Great Role, Great Team

Current Employee - Business Consultant
    Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Been at Eze for over two years and came up through the leadership development program. As a consultant, I've begun to realize how the training program really prepared me for the role. Team is great and I've gotten a lot of product and industry knowledge.

Cons

Initially, I didn't understand how the training program was going to help me in the long run. It seemed very technical and Eze product specific at time, but it has paid off.

Keep listening to employees, recent initiatives are great to see.

Good company run by people who care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good, advancement is good if you are strong (although after 4-5 years, you may plateau if you are not the best), most management does care (everyone I have met cares although I have heard from others about less than spectacular experiences).

Cons

Work life balance is not the best - it is not a 9-5 job, but they are open about that and doing things to improve work life balance.

As far as the Glassdoor feedback on this website, I know management cares and is looking into this. Every piece of feedback is listened to and looked into.

Awesome Company to work for!

Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Eze Software full-time

Pros

Latest technology, lots of scope for learning

Cons

Little bit complicated design of the system, bit of a learning curve for newbies