F.N.B. (PA)

F.N.B. (PA) Reviews

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
3.8

F.N.B. (PA) President; CEO, First National Bank Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.
Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.

Great play to work

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA)

Pros

Executive management is aware of trending technology and is supportive of implement this into our product offering. Great advancements are being made.

Cons

Salaries could be more competive. To coon historical saying equal pay for equal work. Both sales and support work equally as hard but do not share the same compensations.

Continue to grow. But remember with growth there is the need for expansion in sales/support staffing needs. The infrastructure can either make or break us.

Dedicated to your success

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They give you all the tools and resources you need to succeed. The ongoing training programs are very well designed. I enjoy the connection I have with my superiors. There is less of a feeling that senior management is some disconnected group of suits.

Opportunity is plentiful in this company, you just have to be patient.

Cons

It is actually too difficult to just terminate a poor employee. HR will try everything to "fix" a person, but sometimes a person just isn't ment for a particular job.

Expand in West Virginia further

Strong company with great benefits and many growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Senior management is supportive and respectful of hard-working and dedicated employees. Also, FNB has strong company values and very ethical and solid business practices. Flexible and accommodating as much as possible when time off is needed. Salaries in general are higher than competition, and they offer several benefit options, including medical, life & disability, vision, dental, paid holidays, sick pay, tuition reimbursement. Company 401k contribution is extremely generous as they do a dollar for dollar company match in company stock for the first 4%, and you are fully vested from time of enrollment on your contributions and the company match. There is also an additional automatic company stock contribution of 3% if you are employed on the last day of the year, and then the potential for up to an additional 2% employer contribution in company stock if the corporation achieves annual goal (the 2 additional company contributions are fully vested after 3 years).
    Very aggressive sales culture with nice performance compensation plan for aggressive sales people who are able to multi-task and constantly reprioritize. Progress to Goal/Scorecard reporting is excellent and updated daily.
    Vision, dental, vacation, sick time, and tuition reimbursement even made available to part-time employees!

Cons

It seems as if more upper level executive positions are being created, and more of the lower pay, customer-facing employee positions are being eliminated. Retail branch staffing is very limited, which impacts customer service and the ability to reach sales goals. Entry-level hourly positions are generally part-time, which causes more turnover.

More realistic retail staffing model. Implement specific training program for new branch managers, assistant managers, and new account reps.

Environment for self motivators, not micro managed, team atmosphere

Current Employee - Business Development in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development in State College, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team Atmosphere to reach individual goals, benefit packages, encouraged to grow and given tools to exceed

Cons

Presently none, I am very satisfied and comfortable. I like the team approach!

Presently none

FNB is a great place to work.

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're looking to work at a bank where everyone knows your name and you're treated with respect, FNB IS the place for YOU to work! The employees are all very appreciative and work well with one another to develop careers, leadership, and values. It is a great team environment. Every employee is able to give their valued opinions to management and they act on those opinions when possible.

Cons

There need to be more branches in the eastern portion of Pennslyvania. This would allow for further growth opportunities and brand recognition.

Continue to listen to your peers and encourage working together.

Good Company, Corporate Culture headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Hermitage, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Hermitage, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent leadership development program. Majority of employees that I have worked with have established good mentoring relationships as well as ability to freely express ideas and open communicate. The company continues to grow and produce results that are refreshing within the community banking space.

Cons

The workday usually begins at 8:00 AM, really would like to see it moved back to 9 AM.

Keep building their presence in Pittsburgh.

Rapidly growing company, strong corporate culture provide positive environment

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The experience has been positive. FNB has a strong corporate culture focused on colloboration. I have found management to be supportive of professional development, recognition and advancement opportunities. Working for a rapidly growing company is a positive, particularly if you enjoy working in a dynamic environment. I believe that the benefits package most likely exceeds other similar companies.

Cons

I have not found any significant cons.

Great company - verry supportive of employees!

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

FNB is a rapidly growing company that still has a small bank feel. The senior management team is very supportinve and accessible to all employees, encourages open discussion, and values the opinion of all. Management encourages career development, advancement and training, and promotes from within if possible.

Cons

None - after many years with the company it continues to get better and better!

Keep up the great job!!

Community bank, poised for growth

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA)

Pros

Comfortable working environment, with respectable management. Goals and duties are well-communicated to the staff. Growth mode of bank will lead to opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Like most publicly held companies, there is a high expectation in place. Due to rapid growth, the expectations are even higher.

Growing Bank with a Great Story to Tell

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

FNB is in the unique position of offering all the services and products of "larger" banks but with a better commitment to customer service. As an employer, FNB is fair and transparent. With all of the growth, there is always opportunity to do different things. And it was recently ranked as the top large-scale employer once again in Pittsburgh.

Cons

Keeping up with the pace of grow can be challenging, but it's also very rewarding.

F.N.B. (PA) Photos