F.N.B. (PA) Reviews

Updated December 18, 2014
25 reviews filtered by
3.8
F.N.B. (PA) President; CEO, First National Bank Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.
Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.

1. Environment for self motivators, not micro managed, team atmosphere

Current Employee - Business Development in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development in State College, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Team Atmosphere to reach individual goals, benefit packages, encouraged to grow and given tools to exceed

Cons

Presently none, I am very satisfied and comfortable. I like the team approach!

Presently none

Dedicated to your success

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They give you all the tools and resources you need to succeed. The ongoing training programs are very well designed. I enjoy the connection I have with my superiors. There is less of a feeling that senior management is some disconnected group of suits.

Opportunity is plentiful in this company, you just have to be patient.

Cons

It is actually too difficult to just terminate a poor employee. HR will try everything to "fix" a person, but sometimes a person just isn't ment for a particular job.

Expand in West Virginia further

3. Good Company, Corporate Culture headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Hermitage, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Hermitage, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent leadership development program. Majority of employees that I have worked with have established good mentoring relationships as well as ability to freely express ideas and open communicate. The company continues to grow and produce results that are refreshing within the community banking space.

Cons

The workday usually begins at 8:00 AM, really would like to see it moved back to 9 AM.

Keep building their presence in Pittsburgh.

5. Great company - verry supportive of employees!

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

FNB is a rapidly growing company that still has a small bank feel. The senior management team is very supportinve and accessible to all employees, encourages open discussion, and values the opinion of all. Management encourages career development, advancement and training, and promotes from within if possible.

Cons

None - after many years with the company it continues to get better and better!

Keep up the great job!!

6. Rapidly growing company, strong corporate culture provide positive environment

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The experience has been positive. FNB has a strong corporate culture focused on colloboration. I have found management to be supportive of professional development, recognition and advancement opportunities. Working for a rapidly growing company is a positive, particularly if you enjoy working in a dynamic environment. I believe that the benefits package most likely exceeds other similar companies.

Cons

I have not found any significant cons.

7. Growing Bank with a Great Story to Tell

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

FNB is in the unique position of offering all the services and products of "larger" banks but with a better commitment to customer service. As an employer, FNB is fair and transparent. With all of the growth, there is always opportunity to do different things. And it was recently ranked as the top large-scale employer once again in Pittsburgh.

Cons

Keeping up with the pace of grow can be challenging, but it's also very rewarding.

8. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good leadership that is accessible. Very growth oriented...becoming more of a "big" company but still retains a community bank feel.

Cons

No real challenges...bank is continuing to grow and expand beyond Western PA, which puts greater demands on communication, but overall they do a nice job.

9. Exceptional Leadership and Vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

F.N.B. recognizes and reward employees in both policy and practice. The open environment encourages innovation and collaboration and creates a positive work atmosphere. The CEO of the company, Vince Delie, and all levels of senior and executive management, are very accessible, encouraging and engaged. F.N.B. knows that communication is key to understanding the company's vision and does a great job of not only communicating, but listening to (and acting on) the feedback of the team.

Cons

With the expansive growth of the company comes the challenge of keeping up with adds-to-staff--a good problem to have.

10. Great Senior Management

I worked at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The senior management at FNB, and specifically CEO Vince Delie, is amazingly accessible, personable and supportive. I was treated with respect, and many in senior management invested in my career during my four years of employment. I doubt any other company of FNB's size can say the same.

Cons

Banking is a highly regulated and challenging industry that calls for some tough leadership decisions. A successful bank is sure to feel growing pains in this environment.

Keep investing in your employees, and continue to let them know that their contributions are valuable.

11. Great play to work

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA)

Pros

Executive management is aware of trending technology and is supportive of implement this into our product offering. Great advancements are being made.

Cons

Salaries could be more competive. To coon historical saying equal pay for equal work. Both sales and support work equally as hard but do not share the same compensations.

Continue to grow. But remember with growth there is the need for expansion in sales/support staffing needs. The infrastructure can either make or break us.

F.N.B. (PA) Photos