F.N.B. (PA) Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.8
F.N.B. (PA) President; CEO, First National Bank Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.
Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.

1. Great play to work

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA)

Pros

Executive management is aware of trending technology and is supportive of implement this into our product offering. Great advancements are being made.

Cons

Salaries could be more competive. To coon historical saying equal pay for equal work. Both sales and support work equally as hard but do not share the same compensations.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow. But remember with growth there is the need for expansion in sales/support staffing needs. The infrastructure can either make or break us.

Strong company with great benefits and many growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Senior management is supportive and respectful of hard-working and dedicated employees. Also, FNB has strong company values and very ethical and solid business practices. Flexible and accommodating as much as possible when time off is needed. Salaries in general are higher than competition, and they offer several benefit options, including medical, life & disability, vision, dental, paid holidays, sick pay, tuition reimbursement. Company 401k contribution is extremely generous as they do a dollar for dollar company match in company stock for the first 4%, and you are fully vested from time of enrollment on your contributions and the company match. There is also an additional automatic company stock contribution of 3% if you are employed on the last day of the year, and then the potential for up to an additional 2% employer contribution in company stock if the corporation achieves annual goal (the 2 additional company contributions are fully vested after 3 years).
    Very aggressive sales culture with nice performance compensation plan for aggressive sales people who are able to multi-task and constantly reprioritize. Progress to Goal/Scorecard reporting is excellent and updated daily.
    Vision, dental, vacation, sick time, and tuition reimbursement even made available to part-time employees!

Cons

It seems as if more upper level executive positions are being created, and more of the lower pay, customer-facing employee positions are being eliminated. Retail branch staffing is very limited, which impacts customer service and the ability to reach sales goals. Entry-level hourly positions are generally part-time, which causes more turnover.

Advice to Management

More realistic retail staffing model. Implement specific training program for new branch managers, assistant managers, and new account reps.

3. Environment for self motivators, not micro managed, team atmosphere

Current Employee - Business Development in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development in State College, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team Atmosphere to reach individual goals, benefit packages, encouraged to grow and given tools to exceed

Cons

Presently none, I am very satisfied and comfortable. I like the team approach!

Advice to Management

Presently none

Dedicated to your success

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you all the tools and resources you need to succeed. The ongoing training programs are very well designed. I enjoy the connection I have with my superiors. There is less of a feeling that senior management is some disconnected group of suits.

Opportunity is plentiful in this company, you just have to be patient.

Cons

It is actually too difficult to just terminate a poor employee. HR will try everything to "fix" a person, but sometimes a person just isn't ment for a particular job.

Advice to Management

Expand in West Virginia further

6. FNB is a great place to work.

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking to work at a bank where everyone knows your name and you're treated with respect, FNB IS the place for YOU to work! The employees are all very appreciative and work well with one another to develop careers, leadership, and values. It is a great team environment. Every employee is able to give their valued opinions to management and they act on those opinions when possible.

Cons

There need to be more branches in the eastern portion of Pennslyvania. This would allow for further growth opportunities and brand recognition.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your peers and encourage working together.

7. Good Company, Corporate Culture headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Hermitage, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Hermitage, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent leadership development program. Majority of employees that I have worked with have established good mentoring relationships as well as ability to freely express ideas and open communicate. The company continues to grow and produce results that are refreshing within the community banking space.

Cons

The workday usually begins at 8:00 AM, really would like to see it moved back to 9 AM.

Advice to Management

Keep building their presence in Pittsburgh.

This bank is bad, bad news for both customer and employee.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative 11 in Edgewater, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative 11 in Edgewater, MD

I worked at F.N.B. (PA) part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I really think that the problems with this bank as a whole started in the Md region, as feedback from the Pa. branches is totally different. Such a shame that a firm with such history would allow the degradation of its integrity and values in order to attempt to become a "Big Bank". The only pro that I had seen was that some of the long time exec's really do understand what is happening but are not prepared to fight it.

Cons

The biggest concern with this bank is their dependence on the (very unpopular) leaders they have chosen in the Md, area. Before I resigned after many years at BankAnnapolis, and barely a year with fnb (merged in 2013) I could see that they were in no way prepared to compete with the already established Md. banks. The outdated technology and lack of knowledge about the Md. area economy is killing this bank. Customers have no faith and employees are bailing out speaking out about this bank.

Advice to Management

Please, please, get a good look at what is really happening in Md. Talk to the employees, talk to the customers, research what the other banks here are doing and resume your way of doing business when FNB was respected.

9. Community bank, poised for growth

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA)

Pros

Comfortable working environment, with respectable management. Goals and duties are well-communicated to the staff. Growth mode of bank will lead to opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Like most publicly held companies, there is a high expectation in place. Due to rapid growth, the expectations are even higher.

10. Great company - verry supportive of employees!

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

FNB is a rapidly growing company that still has a small bank feel. The senior management team is very supportinve and accessible to all employees, encourages open discussion, and values the opinion of all. Management encourages career development, advancement and training, and promotes from within if possible.

Cons

None - after many years with the company it continues to get better and better!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!!

11. Rapidly growing company, strong corporate culture provide positive environment

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The experience has been positive. FNB has a strong corporate culture focused on colloboration. I have found management to be supportive of professional development, recognition and advancement opportunities. Working for a rapidly growing company is a positive, particularly if you enjoy working in a dynamic environment. I believe that the benefits package most likely exceeds other similar companies.

Cons

I have not found any significant cons.

RSS Feed </> Embed