F.N.B. (PA)

F.N.B. (PA) Reviews

Updated November 3, 2014
Updated November 3, 2014
3.8

F.N.B. (PA) President; CEO, First National Bank Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.
Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.

This bank is bad, bad news for both customer and employee.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative 11 in Edgewater, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative 11 in Edgewater, MD

I worked at F.N.B. (PA) part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really think that the problems with this bank as a whole started in the Md region, as feedback from the Pa. branches is totally different. Such a shame that a firm with such history would allow the degradation of its integrity and values in order to attempt to become a "Big Bank". The only pro that I had seen was that some of the long time exec's really do understand what is happening but are not prepared to fight it.

Cons

The biggest concern with this bank is their dependence on the (very unpopular) leaders they have chosen in the Md, area. Before I resigned after many years at BankAnnapolis, and barely a year with fnb (merged in 2013) I could see that they were in no way prepared to compete with the already established Md. banks. The outdated technology and lack of knowledge about the Md. area economy is killing this bank. Customers have no faith and employees are bailing out speaking out about this bank.

Please, please, get a good look at what is really happening in Md. Talk to the employees, talk to the customers, research what the other banks here are doing and resume your way of doing business when FNB was respected.

The Worst Bank I Ever Worked For.

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros to working for FNB

Cons

The is the best example of work place bullying I can think of. Senior management in the MD region does not care about their employees only the sales goals. If you dont make your sales goals you will basically be held hostage...oh I Mean "call nights" until you do. There is no work-life balance as you are expected to work as many hours as necessary to get the job done. Any stress related illnesses you have that is caused by Senior Management "is on you" they do not care. If you go through the chain of command and have HR "open a case" you will be written up. HR is not a resource for employees it is cheap legal council for Senior Management. You will be expected to work two or three roles with no extra pay. If you complain HR will tell you they are covering 3 regions and to suck it up. If you really want the big bank experience work for Bank of America they at least pay better.

The leadership is non existent, their are no leaders in the MD region just bullies. Consider getting rid of Senior Management in the Baltimore Region. Being that the PA footprint is not managed the same as the MD region. The PA footprint is managed better. Consider listening to your employees instead of turning and looking away. You need put a hold on acquiring other banks and focus on your current infrastructure. Your systems are old and stretched to there limits.

Over worked and under paid

Former Employee - Network Support Technician in Hermitage, PA
    Former Employee - Network Support Technician in Hermitage, PA

I worked at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The job was great. The 2+ years I was with FNB Corporation I loved my job. However, the Bank keeps buying out other banks and not adding sufficient staff to the their data centers and regional operations. This basically causes more stress than necessary because 1 person is doing the work of 5 people or more and still getting paid very low compared to other Banks.

Cons

You don't get paid enough to do all the work that you will be forced to do. Salary positions are bad ideas because you find yourself working 80+ hours per week in some cases and getting paid half what other banks pay in some cases.

Expand your data center operations and add to your staff and pay your employees a respectable wage. Compare your positions to other banks in the region and you may be surprised how little you are paying your employees compared to other banks.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good leadership that is accessible. Very growth oriented...becoming more of a "big" company but still retains a community bank feel.

Cons

No real challenges...bank is continuing to grow and expand beyond Western PA, which puts greater demands on communication, but overall they do a nice job.

Exceptional Leadership and Vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

F.N.B. recognizes and reward employees in both policy and practice. The open environment encourages innovation and collaboration and creates a positive work atmosphere. The CEO of the company, Vince Delie, and all levels of senior and executive management, are very accessible, encouraging and engaged. F.N.B. knows that communication is key to understanding the company's vision and does a great job of not only communicating, but listening to (and acting on) the feedback of the team.

Cons

With the expansive growth of the company comes the challenge of keeping up with adds-to-staff--a good problem to have.

Not what was promised. Not a big bank that wants community feel. just another big greedy bank.

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA)

Pros

Working with partners in other dept is great idea. however retail is over worked and expected to meet goals, which are higher than BOA, or they are written up and let go. There is no support from upper mgt and little training.

Cons

the Md retail management team is the worst I've every seen. they are allowed to intimidate and bully employees out of their jobs. Not family or customer friendly. Branch employees are expected to take on multiple positions due to lack of staffing and still meet goals of their own. It's all about $

Take a good look at your MD retail team from suntrust. Wolf in Sheep's clothing, fake, the lack of integrity is concerning. manipulating and not to be trusted.

Great Senior Management

I worked at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The senior management at FNB, and specifically CEO Vince Delie, is amazingly accessible, personable and supportive. I was treated with respect, and many in senior management invested in my career during my four years of employment. I doubt any other company of FNB's size can say the same.

Cons

Banking is a highly regulated and challenging industry that calls for some tough leadership decisions. A successful bank is sure to feel growing pains in this environment.

Keep investing in your employees, and continue to let them know that their contributions are valuable.

Fair Employer

Current Employee - Teller in Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - Teller in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at F.N.B. (PA) part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Not to demanding
    -If you do your job you will be fine

Cons

-Some management can be overbearing
    -Pay is not substantial
    -Customers can be a pain
    -Can be a petty work environment

Glad to have a job.

I worked at F.N.B. (PA) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation for sales goals met.

Cons

Sales goals sets extremely high.

for the benefit of customers and employees- CUT YOUR LOSSES

Former Employee - Peon
    Former Employee - Peon

I worked at F.N.B. (PA) part-time (less than an year)

Pros

non-existant. Nothing I can think of.

Cons

If you are a new employee, you are in for a huge disappointment, no effort toward. customer service, and even less effort to obtain a friendly work place. Less than adequate computer systems and they have changed their most important bank policies 3 times in the last 3 months.

Upper Management changes so frequently that by the time they they were told the same chiefs wouldn't be there.

F.N.B. (PA) Photos