FBR

Add Photos

FBR Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard J. Hendrix

Richard J. Hendrix

Not What it Used to Be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery talented people and a lot of opportunity to build your own path.

ConsWeak leadership at the top that did not understand how to cultivate the talent that was already in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on organically growing the organization by rewarding top performers. Learn how to get rid of people that are not performing well at all.

good

Prostop hotel training program. On the top of the market

Conslong extended work hours. difficult to balance with private life

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Terrible Bank

Equity Research Associate (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsEquity research/Investment banking in the DC area. Strong player in the 144A issuance market. Company is focusing on adding value through policy research.

ConsWork normal investment banking hours while getting paid the FBR rate. Compensation is a joke. Only reason to work here is to get a start so you can move to a better firm soon. Most research here is a joke. Lots of turnover in research as people pursue better opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither pay people or work them less.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company but, they have lost their way in the past couple of years.

Sales Trader (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsNice offices, but they are moving. Work life balance is good and compensation was excellent in past years (2011 my bonus was almost nothing compared to other years).

ConsThe values of the top management is questionable, They are getting back on the right track but in the short term the company is questionable.

good hours, good people, lots of responsibility, opportunity to be promoted to analyst, but mediocre pay and benefits

Equity Research Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prosgood hours (some groups work longer than others), good people, lots of responsibility, opportunity to be promoted to analyst, vibe is social amongst associates

ConsThe pay is mediocre and the there are few benefits beyond medical, dental, and vision. Should add tuition reimbursement and travel compensation.

Advice to Senior Managementna

Great experience over my six years with the firm!

Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsAccess to top leaders is exceptional.

ConsHad a few tough years, but that is behind us.

Advice to Senior Managementbetter communication with employees.

Best on the ground, on the job learning opportunity in the sell-side financial services space, bar none

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsEntrepreneurial culture, manager/mentor model of development, innovation is expected and smart hard workers are rewarded.

ConsIt takes time to learn to speak up, you have to find your own value-add opportunities, no face-time means your work has to speak for itself

Advice to Senior ManagementStandardize recent training and development opportunities at the junior and mid-levels. Highlight the experiences of those who have built careers at FBR from the entry level to the senior levels.

Constantly lied to... very political... run by people who are not very smart

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Prosokay if you are desperate to do banking in dc area

Consused car salesman approach
    no such thing as developing long term relationships

Advice to Senior Managementfirm should be taken private to weather the volatility

Low morale among employees

Compliance (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThis company generally has a family-like atmosphere, and employees are all very friendly with each other.

ConsSenior management has generally shown a lack of consideration for employee morale, with regard to compensation as well as reassurances about where the company is going.

FBR Associate

ProsPeople are friendly for the most part

ConsBusiness on a downward sloping trajectory

Worked for FBR? Contribute to the Community!