FCB Healthcare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dana Maiman

Happy here.

Senior CopyWriter (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsFCB Health is on the rise. The agency is nailing new business. I also enjoy going to work everyday. My peers are talented and personable.

ConsFCB Health still has some learning to do in the digital/social realms. But then again, this is healthcare. The entire community has a lot of learning to do here.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're getting there. Keep pushing everyone to be creative and improve the level of work int he healthcare category.

Overall a decent experience - good people and great location.

Senior CopyWriter (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe people are friendly and very competent, particularly the art directors. The location in NYC is very convenient to Penn Station and a nice area to work.

ConsVery restrictive with flexibility, such as working from home. I had a fairly long commute and I would have stayed if I had some additional flexibility. The salaries are also a bit lower than other agencies in the area. I would have loved more opportunities for independent self training/self development.

Great Benefits...Crazy Hours

ProsThere is an honest effort to create a good rapport among employees. There are parties, a great coffee bar and seminars.

ConsThere is severe under staffing and good employees often leave due to sheer exhaustion. Those good employees don't often get replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the employees that are working hard for the company the yellow tape is allowing great people to leave or worse to lose motivation to continue great work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company! Loved my time here.

ProsReally awesome learning experience as a college grad. Lots of opportunities, as long as you produce. If you're not someone who is willing to work hard, don't get into advertising. If you are, this is a great gig.

ConsLong hours. But, it's advertising

Advice to Senior ManagementReally focus on talent. Management in advertising is tough, since you have to manage both clients and your people. Focus just as much on the client, but little more on team development, and you'll really thrive!

Good introduction to the advertising world

Prosgood people, hire internally, Dana is great-knows everyone by name, free coffee at the coffee bar every morning, open seating structure

ConsNo work life balance, no holiday parties, small -no bonuses, lack internal development and training, horrible and demanding clients for healthcare

Fulfilling and Positive Experience

Account Supervisor (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat culture, laid back environment, strong talented people to learn from, promotions/raises available- room for growth, respect for work-life balance

ConsI've had an extremely positive overall experience, like most companies promotion from within doesn't deliver as much salary as leaving does which is a shame since it ultimately forces great talent out the door

Part of the team...GREAT...Other part...Unproffesional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat skilled team members, especially in the creative and production disciplines.

ConsCertain account team members lack knowledge, skills and professional decorum. They live off of the monthly account management fee and do not understand the contracts they have signed with their clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore cross training with account and the rest of the team.

Five + years ago this agency was the place to be.DraftFCB Healthcare is now politics first, clients last. Caveat emptor.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWonderfully talented copy, account and design staff. Comp and benefits are competitive. Five years ago, the creative, account, traffic, hr teams and client service focus made this one of NY's hottest shops. When I got the call from Draft I was thrilled. The energy was real and you loved coming to work. I was evaluated on time every year and you knew that if you really performed well, you had a career path. Management walked the halls and politics were minimal or at least in the background. When I left, all that had changed or was in the process of degenerating.

ConsCreative is totally subordinated to account management, and they have hired some real turkeys in recent years. Executive management is MIA and real creative is at Area 23. Clients no longer believe we do what we say we will or can do. That is THE BIG PROBLEM that the big shots are ignoring. HR doesn't know healthcare advertising and they report everything back to the CEO. Not all management, but most can no longer be trusted because everyone is out for themselves. Client strategy, tactics and creative only become important when there is a complaint, and those were escalating.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart smacking down the politicians, usually found visiting the CEO and focus on delivering your promises to clients. You have not cleaned out enough of the dead wood in management and do a reality check with your recruiters. They do not get good press at my new place.

Care and invest very little about their people

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsIts a paycheck.
    Some of the employees are very good.

ConsLack of communication and vision from upper management, lack of energy from staff, everyone is overworked, underpaid, no raises in the last 2 years, tout that we are the best creative agency but leave a lot of people in their wake due to politics. Jerk employees around - say one thing, do the opposite. Lack of formal training and guidance for their employees (even for those who asked!), fast, furious, just looking to squeeze you for all you can give and make a buck. Typical agency I suppose...why I left :)

Advice to Senior ManagementStart asking your people how they feel, and actually listen, acknowledge the challenges and respond.

Healthcare/Pharma agency that cares a bit more than others

Associate Creative Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWe lost an account when a new drug was killed after mediocre Phase 3 trials. Instead of laying off the team, the reassigned ALL of us to other accounts.

ConsOpen floor plan which means nobody has any privacy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut in half-height cubicles and create more sound-proof work rooms for teams

Worked for FCB Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FCB Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FCB Healthcare CEO Dana Maiman. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by FCB Healthcare employees.