FCCI

Be The First To
Add Photos

Craig Johnson

Excellent Company to Work for and Group of People to Work With

Loss Control Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at FCCI full-time

ProsGreat working environment, good pay, benefits package, company moving up in the insurance industry, excellent top management group, the company really cares about its employees

Consnot a lot of room for promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with smart expansion process

Micro Manager

Loss Control (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at FCCI full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat peers. IT equipment and company car is a plus.

ConsCurrent management style is similar to a dictatorship. No technical support as promised during the interview. Have noted that two former experienced employees have been pushed out of the organization within the past year.

Management was not completely honest about the job requirements during the interview process.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and upfront with your employees. Give them current feedback.

Leadership from middle management is disengage.

Marketing Underwriter (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at FCCI full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeers are great to work with. IT technology is satisfactory.

ConsMiddle management is arrogant, distracted and disengaged. They do not follow top management objectives by engaging workers to improve morale and performance.

Faced with this environment, the confident middle management leaders are escaping to other companies leaving behind a greater concentration of "YES" managers. As a result, ever more time is spent covering rears which further deflates employee performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate management in Sarasota, Fla., needs to review what their middle managers are doing in the regional offices. This includes middle management in underwriting, loss control and claims.

Left to flounder. Sent to training for one week on computer system. NO training on company procedures.

Adjuster (Current Employee)
North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at FCCI full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits. Flexible working hours.

ConsGroup of elitists who think they are the best adjusters in the industry. Made to feel like an outsider. Compared to other employees with several years working for the company. Management too busy with personal issues to answer questions. No instruction on company guidelines until something is done wrong. Inconsistent instructions given by co-workers. Basically, you get trained on the computer then put to work with a full workload. No instructions in the files with guidance on claim handling procedures unique to this company, not even in the first file assigned.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time at the desk with a new employee. Go over the claim process guidelines or put instructions in new files assigned so a new employee can pick up company procedures. Answer questions instead of telling a new employee to ask a co-worker.

Excessive Times Wasters- Dishonest Lower Mgmt

I worked at FCCI full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLeading company in the industry. Growing with the times in regards to the application of new technology . Decent benefits compared to other companies in the area.

ConsEmployees are afraid to air their concerns or any negative comments for fear of losing their job. Mgmt constantly asks for opinions and ideas, supposedly to better the work environment, but employees come away feeling even more oppressed for fear of telling the truth. Regular PDP's assessing one's own performance, usually the job of Supv in other companies, is placed on the already busy employees plate. If you are hourly, you are expected to complete all jobs within an 8 hour day. No overtime. Once you become salary, you will work plenty of overtime. When the lay-offs started (and there were many to come) the work of the absent employee was put onto other employees who were already stretched to the max. Stress runs very high in this company. In my position I heard this from employees from all over the company. As noted in another post, the company likes to have "fun" with it's employess. People who are more professional view these time wasters as total silliness and believe they do not belong in the work place. I can't imagine what it looks like to an outsider coming into the building and having to witness a day in which employees are walking around in costumes! Long company meetings (usually 1.5 hrs) also put the whole company behind in their work- which is still expected to be completed on time.These things pile more stress on the employees. Want to have "fun"? Why don't you schedule a bbq and softball game on a Saturday? It wouldn't interfere with your employees work day. What this poster does not mention is that there are employees who cannot partake in any of these activities because of their workload. Think that's enought to paint an accurrate picture! :)

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your lower management people more closely. There are things going on that you are not aware of. I would be totally dismayed if you were aware and let it continue.

so so.

IT Director (Current Employee)
Sarasota, FL

I have been working at FCCI

Prosregular paycheck week to week.

Consno advancement, no opportunity for growth

FCCI is one of the best employers in the Sarasota market.

I worked at FCCI

ProsGenerous compensation and benefits plan compared to other Sarasota employers

ConsThey axe good people and let the deadwood remain and every time, it is a surprise.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should provide more tactical direction and carefully consider time lines, effort requiret and competing demands.

Committed to excellent service and customer satisfaction.

Telecom Engineer (Current Employee)
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at FCCI full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent team worker,Creative flexible in increasing the salaries ^_^

Constelecom engineer ,Have no life............

Friendly & fun, employee-oriented company.

I worked at FCCI

ProsFCCI is a company that likes to celebrate success and holidays and have fun with employees. Compared to others in the insurance industry, management seemed more invested in achieving work-life balance and favorable relations with employees. "March Madness" and the celebrations, skits, dressing up, etc in October were especially fun.

ConsAnnual goals were often not realistic with market conditions. Senior executives with light experience in the industry sometimes took the wrong approach to preparing the company (employees and systems) for market challenges. Promotions seemed to be given to those they liked most rather than to the most qualified. Although it is admirable for the company to support the United Way so strongly, sometimes it seemed that the fund drives were more important than getting the work done. This was kind of a disconnect with the stress of the high growth goals we were all working under.

Worked for FCCI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FCCI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FCCI CEO Craig Johnson. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by FCCI employees.