FCi Federal Reviews

Reset
1.8
Sharon Virts Mozer

1. Purpose Driven

Pros

FCi stands out in a landslide compared to other companies when it comes to employee recognition and listening to employees- ambassador luncheons, program management that cares and workplace incentives are all positive.

Cons

Can't think of anything- this is a well rounded company.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees. Continue interfacing with staff on a nightly basis like the last couple of months.

One of the better companies in the NOVA area!

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Winchester, VA

I have been working at FCi Federal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job, managements support of its employees, encouragement from management decent pay for the location, good benefits, mission focussed employees, respect from our client and a "one team" environment.

Cons

Everyone would like a bit more pay or at least a raise. The company took this contract at the lowest bid possible but have rebid with a competitive bid and so the outlook toward the future is bright. Management listens to its employees, their needs and concerns and way to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your folks.

Cutthroat environment

Current Employee - Anonymous in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at FCi Federal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and snacks, some great coworkers, a few great leaders, nice office space. The company is growing really fast. Benefits are expensive but good. I'm lucky to have just myself to cover bc the family plan is outrageous.

Cons

There is so much backstabbing and favoritism. A select few cause major issues and get moved to different roles. A handful of people basically get worked to death and others do nothing all day. I overheard a VP saying that she hopes the new fci PM who took over her contract gets stabbed when going to a customer site visit. Why do we allow this? There is no communication and we keep hearing that all these great changes are coming. I know of at least five others who are actively looking.

Advice to Management

Please follow through with your RICE And CEO guidance. Hold people accountable and stop sweeping MAJOR issues under the rug. Come back up to the 4th floor on occasion.

Unprofessional

I worked at FCi Federal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People on my immediate contract were wonderful

Cons

Most unprofessional culture I've ever encountered. Encouraged overtime and then refused to pay for it. Far below average pay. The turnover rate at corporate is so extreme, nobody has any idea what they're doing. Hostility and huge lack of morals from the company's leadership (i.e. the married CEO sleeping with the married company president) shows in their day-to-day operations and professionalism.

Advice to Management

Its too late

Don't go there

I have been working at FCi Federal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free medical, good hours, other than that no more pros

Cons

No communication. No advancement. No raises. The upper supervisors stink. no concern for employee's safety. -Micro managed..

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the workers, and if they call you it is for a reason, and you need to call them back to find out what is wrong and stop ignoring them.

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Team Leader in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at FCi Federal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great rank and file staff. Diverse units to work and learn in. Clean building. Good schedule.

Cons

Mandatory OT, too much negativity. Huge backlog of work. Low pay for what is required. Company pays salary floor set by US Dept of Labor

Advice to Management

Get some education and leadership skills.

Horrible all the way around

Current Employee - General Office Worker in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - General Office Worker in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at FCi Federal full-time

Pros

Besides having a job, They're are no pros.

Cons

Terrible employee morale No actual government experience gained Poor salary Under staffed Vindictive coworkers who will go behind you and throw you under the bus No raises No promotions No vacation time No sick time Physical labor is the primary aspect of the job No appreciation for the work that is produced within the unrealistic timeframes Management is completely unproductive despite the meetings they have daily, sometimes twice a day Undervalued No team culture Government employees treat the contractors like their personal assistants

Advice to Management

Do not tell your employees to get out now before you invest in them.... Also, please treat your employees with respect. Focus on improving your employee morale and maybe you'll understand why your turnover is so high.

Unprofessional Environment- Revolving door with HR

Current Employee - Management in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Laguna Niguel, CA

I have been working at FCi Federal full-time

Pros

There are no pros for this company....perhaps great marketing and branding on company. They present something they only aspire to me and are not.

Cons

People are promoted without being competent. CEO is up front when she says....."I will use you and abuse you till I am done needing you". The Laguna Niguel site manager promotes a "CYA environment". Everyone speaks with a forked tongue.

Advice to Management

Go back to school and make your employees get management and people skills. Reward performers not butt kissers. You are in bed with the devil when you work here. You sold your soul to the she devil CEO.

Quantity focused

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Winchester, VA

I worked at FCi Federal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers and work related to position

Cons

-Management -Lack of understanding for different learners -Does not have clear guidelines for how to train and do work -Management treats employees like robots and does not try to understand them. Tries to boost morale with free pizza occasionally.

Advice to Management

Stick up for your employees and try to understand them. If they came to work at your location they did it for a reason, and definitely not to slack off. Find creative means to understand and motivate employees rather than fear tactics of telling them they will be fired for not being on par.

OK, but no future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, KY

I have been working at FCi Federal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fairly easy work - Love the flexibility with the work hours. If you have a doctor's appointment, for instance, you can take off whatever time you need that day for the appointment, and make up for it another day within the same pay period, without having to use vacation time, or personal time.

Cons

Oh where to start. - They have a million statistics about every aspect of your work performance, and they will periodically show their fancy stats to you, but in the end it does not matter whether you are an exemplary employee or the biggest slacker in the world, the bottom line will be the same for both employees. I see so many employees in my office that are just a waste of space and money, yet despite all the fancy stats, nobody seems to care about the slackers. Very disheartening for employees that try to do a good job. - Micromanagement: Management and supervisors are so busy micromanaging every little aspect of the job that it becomes comical even, comical, but sad. Supervisors are so busy having meetings all day long, that they are seldom available to give advice when problems arise. So on one side you have team leaders, unit managers, office managers, and whatever managers having meeting after meeting deciding how work should be done, while the regular employees are fending for themselves doing the actual work with no help from management because they can't be bothered with our problems. Sad, but comical. - If you want a chance for advancement, you better make sure you butter up to the right person, working hard is optional for that purpose. - The site visits from upper management with their condescending speeches are so insulting they make my skin crawl. Who do they think they're fooling with their empty promises, and meaningless pep talks. I'd sooner believe in Santa Claus.

Advice to Management

Quit being so obviously fake, it's embarrassing to see you at work. Otherwise I'm no position to give you advice, that's not my job.

RSS Feed </> Embed