FCm Travel Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Account Executive

Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible working hours, working from home, good company culture

ConsOngoing changes in staff and lots of re-structuring

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport Departments need to be up-staffed

No Ethics or Integrity - too much Partying and alcohol! If you have experience run away!

BDM From South West (Former Employee)

Prosthis was a quality company for a while they purchased Garber Travel and Liberty Travel , but most people left and those who are left are making a lot of cash because they mark up everthing.

ConsUpper Management is making 10 times more than others and there is no fair distubtion of sales leads. This is a high pressure job, if you don't make the company money you will be let go, No diversity, no hiring of minorities

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation plan makes agents mark up the product too high and accounts get upset, there should be fair and equitable compensation .. reservations make nothing and upper management make 10 to 15 times that. No support and Team players,, it is a killed or be killed work enviroment. Hire more experieced people and pay them properly. All upper management is from over seas

Too much partying, little work

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsYou can learn a lot about the industry here, fun parties

ConsNo advancement opportunities unless you party, managers are made to compete with their employees, no ethics

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This employer's work environment is not for everyone.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOpportunities are there if you want to transfer globally if you're aggressive enough, and want to do so.

ConsThis company seems to be for the young and single. They do not seem concerned about a work-life balance. Just work!

They want young single people who will travel in lieu of fair pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsWorking for a travel company has some great perks in the industry, none provided by FCm. Take advantage of the industry perks.

If you love to travel, they have meetings and conferences all over the world, but you won't have much time to enjoy it. They are generally on weekends (unpaid) and they fly you in on Saturday for a meeting and dinner and fly you out Sunday morning (no FF miles either as they get "sponsors" to cover it).

There are some good people (if they haven't left yet).

ConsBenefits are bottom of the barrel. They do not offer annual performance/merit increases - it's an all incentive based system. This can be lucrative, but creates a culture of greed and backstabbing (which they like).

It's an Aussie company and they like to party. I once ended up at the bar with the US President and chatted for a bit... I had to buy my own beer -sad.

It's a travel company who is still focusing on travel AGENTS and not developing their own online technologies.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are in a service industry - that means your employees are your only asset - invest in them! No training program and no budget for training your employees is as shortsighted as not investing in technology (even Down Under will embrace that new-fangled-web-thing someday).

Great Plac to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNice management great environment. Lots of friendliness and room for advancement. FCm is growing, and now is the time to join.

ConsCompensation could be better. 1 on 1 time could be better. People are slow to get back to you. It can be busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementReply to your subordinates inb a more timely manner so that the paperwork can get done. Otherwise, no complaints here.

Training needs to be better. Make the playing field level with everyone getting opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople that you work with.

ConsTraining, pay,how work is handled. This is corporate travel not a real sales job and they praise the top performer that they "feed" the opportunities too. The clients do not have a choice but to "buy" from them, it's like selling a life boat to someone on The Titanic.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to train team leaders better, team leader does not know law on overtime.

great to work in hardcore team

Travel Executive (Former Employee) Delhi (India)

Prosgood & friendly working environment

Conslots of work no personal life

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people to share more work

Gained friends for life

BDM (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal conferences, uncapped commissions, network of people. I did enjoy my time here as a sales person and was rewarded plenty.

ConsMy National Sales Leader was more in it for herself than helping the team. She is very good at what she does but cared more about her personal sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince they online hire management positions from within, there seemed to be people that were maybe not as qualified for the upper management roles they were fortunate enough to get.

Worked for FCm Travel Solutions? Contribute to the Community!