FEV

Add Photos

FEV President & CEO Stefan Pischinger

Stefan Pischinger

Informational

ProsI have learned a lot about vehicle engineering while interning at FEV

ConsGenerally internships are at least 6 months at a time. Can be problematic for schools that require short internships.

Engineering Assistant

Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGreat people, good manager, projects keep coming in, great scope to learn to start your career

Consnot enough exposure at least in the heavy duty department as an intern

Advice to Senior Managementplease expose interns in the heavy duty department and let them attend meetings, try to have more interaction with them.

Small company but a great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOverall this is a great place to work in my opinion. If you don't mind the small organization feel than this is the perfect place. Coworkers are friendly and always there to help. The environment is more relaxed and is very comfortable to get work done.

ConsNot much opportunity for growth and advancement and because it is a small company it does not offer many inner office perks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Declining fast. The management has lost touch with the employees. Sees them as a number, and can be replaced.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsWhat once was, is no longer. Hard to find a smile on an employee's face there. The benefits are the only plus. But that too will be changing

ConsOut of touch management. Inferior equipment and outdated practices. Work environment is tough and middle management expects miracles from its employees

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to figure out that your people are your company. If you want to reverse the slide in happy employees the are motivated, concentrate on them

Great introduction to an office environment

Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsThis was my first internship, while I was studying at Kettering University. It was very easy to get used to the atmosphere and dynamics of the office. I felt appreciated and generally had enough to keep me busy. The guys in the shop area were also very welcoming and I really enjoyed learning from their years of expertise.

ConsAs this was my first internship, I expected to be guided and mentored. This was not the case all the time as I had to find things out the "hard way." Being so young it would have been nice to have a little more guidance, although the hand's off approach did prepare me for the future. Also the upper management was not very tactically or politically saavy. At one of the town hall meetings the CEO of North America stated, "There are thousands of people lining up to take your job, so if you want to leave there's the door." Much of this seemingly cold and unattached sentiment probably came from the sad state of the economy at the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere could have been a better plan in place for the internship progress. Also better communication and empathy for employees.

satisfied

Prosgood ,friendly.helpful,professional,great place to work

Consnothing as i know,once i get it i ll let you know

Pretty Good Place to Work

Engine Development Technician (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsFEV has a nice laid back atmosphere. The pay and benefits are very competitive. The projects are very diverse since work is not based on just a single manufacturer or supplier.

ConsBeing a smaller company, FEV can not afford to use cutting edge equipment at all times so you will be forced to work with equipment that is functional and accurate but not exactly modern.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more transparent with lower level employees.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Looking for experience , this is the place

Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

Proswhatever you do in FEV are Pros. It s very good learning experience and you will be give full responsibility of the project if you show you have the potential to handle it all on your own.

ConsVery less growth in the organization. Most of the work is done by intern and there is less chance to convert the intern to full-time as they always have students from Aachen University, Germany available at lower labor cost.

It is a fun and friendly environment.

IT (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsThe company is not too large and getting to know people is easy. Everybody is kind and will strike up a conversation.

ConsSome days can be less active and can drag on for a while. If there is not much to do on a ceratin day then finding tasks may be difficult.

Good at first, then noticed a change in the wind

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEngineering company
    Interesting projects to work on
    Can be as fun as you make it
    Variety of projects to work on
    Some travel, but not much

ConsToo many managers in the company, ideas not heard
    Parasitic culture, have to watch out for yourself
    Working from home frowned upon, culture stuck in old world principles
    Very limited mobility in the company
    Sometimes decisions are referred to german headquarters and they will make the final call
    Better be prepared to learn german

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds a new CEO with an outside perspective, gary rogers can be difficult to work with

Worked for FEV? Contribute to the Community!