FFE Transportation

Be The First To
Add Photos

S. Russell Stubbs

Dock Warehouse

Dock Warehouse (Current Employee)
    Bridgeview, IL

ProsThe hours are decent if you are on days 6-2pm 2-10 for nights and 3rd shift 10-6am. Personal days or sick days 6 of them a year.

ConsIf you are on 3rd shift you work every Saturday Overnight, which means if you want a Saturday Off you must use a sick day or a vacation day.

laid back environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslaid back
    relaxed dress code
    tight knit employee family
    management easy to talk to

Consnot much room for advancement because the company is so small.
    no exempt positions

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not make promises that of which you are unsure yourselves. And don't speak about the firing of employee with other employees

People are nice, dying industry and boring work.

Accounting (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe people who work there are very nice and down to earth, and the management is very flexible on time off and hours each day. Also, good location.

ConsThe work is boring, the industry is boring, and the technology in the building is very old and out of sync.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your staff better and their strengths so you can utilize them.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible treatment of employees; lack of good management

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee)
    Ontario, CA

ProsOvertime is given (although it is always mandatory).

ConsMany more cons. The pay is pretty low considering it is the same work that other companies perform but other companies pay $15 to $24 an hour. I realize this is a smaller company but if you expect to retain employees, then you need to pay them for the hard work. Requesting days off is almost always frowned upon and in some cases even denied. Management is very disorganized and very non-professional at times. There is a very high turn over for the warehouse positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some better people to manage your warehouse. People that will take the time to speak to the workers and determine what needs to be "fixed" so things can move more smoothly and productively. Also, keep the employees informed about accrued time, benefits, etc. There should be a system developed so people can easily attain important information about their position.

Great place for truck drivers. Improvement needed in how office staff are treated.

ProsThey treat their drivers very well and try hard to give them plenty of work.

ConsStill very much a "good old boys" network. Office staff are not listened to about how things could be improved even when it directly is inline with company desires.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people to do the jobs you hired them to do. Don't micromanage.

Frozen Food Express

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLaid Back Atmosphere, Managers were professional & courteous

ConsLocation, Old Dirty Building, Antiquated computer system

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade the computer system and move to a more modern, cleaner facility

I worked with some decent folks at FFE. Made some decent miles, Trucking is like a roller coaster ride.

OTR Driver/Lease Operator (Former Employee)
    Lancaster, TX

ProsMaking friends with in the company, among other drivers of course.

ConsThey lost a lot of contract freight. They also came out of the rescission to fast. Rather than saving money, building a safety monetary cushion, they traveled other venues. Not a good move.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the initial goal. Transporting goods. Then worry about adding other money making venues.

Management of the Service centre very poor, lots of problems

Class A Refer Commercial Driver (Former Employee)
    Ontario, CA

ProsLocal pay is fair and more than most companies offer

ConsCommunication between management and employees is extremely lacking

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee retention is poor and there is a huge turn-over within the office, dock and driving fleet due to management's lack of skill in this area. The attitude by management is to always blame the driver for the problems caused by his office staff on a daily basis. There is an on going lack of communication which causes more problems than necessary. Management attitude is on the most part unreasonable, unfair and uncaring.

Training with FFE Academy was the right choice, great academy!

Driver (Current Employee)
    Lancaster, TX

ProsFFE is upgrading all of their truck and trailers. Get your academy training done, with your obligatory 1 year of employment, then get out! 29 cents per mile is not reason enough to stay. Many companies are paying more and giving more home time so there is no reason to stay on witih FFE past your 1 year of employment.

ConsDriver managers are not very good communicators. You can ask a question and get an answer that does not satisfy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach your DMs to communicate. I understand they may have been truckers in the past, but that is not enough to make a great DM. If I ask 2 questions in a Peoplenet message I expect for BOTH questions to be answered.

I enjoy what I am doing and I have learned alot about the industry.

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsA great place to learn the industry.

ConsMy only Con is the distance that I commute not an actual issue with the company itself.

Worked for FFE Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FFE Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FFE Transportation CEO S. Russell Stubbs. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by FFE Transportation employees.